Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Today
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 933
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13982 of 1703111/22/13 at 2:15ampost #13983 of 1703111/22/13 at 9:56amHere's a dumb-ass sizing question:
For a while now, since losing a little weight, I've been obsessing over whether my Baracuta jacket fits too big. My main concern is the length. I have a 44 and I really should be wearing at least a 42. My fit is like the guys in this video in the red and blue jackets as opposed to the guy in the tan jacket--and as opposed to J. Crew models and other models I see with the jacket. I dunno,maybe the bigger fit is more of an old guy fit, which would be appropriate for me!
Anyway, what do you think?post #13984 of 1703111/22/13 at 11:34ampost #13985 of 1703111/22/13 at 12:49pmpost #13986 of 1703111/22/13 at 12:56pmpost #13987 of 1703111/22/13 at 1:34pmpost #13988 of 1703111/22/13 at 3:01pm
The original Baracutas have some history in golf. Arnold Palmer famously wore one in the British Open. It was meant to be a little loose, a "swing jacket" if you will, so that you could move freely in it.
If you like that look, go for it. The more modern look is to have a very sharp silhouette without the ballooning around the midsection. Just look at Baracuta's website, and you'll see that even their models are wearing the jackets very trim. I believe they may have even slimmed down the J.Crew versions even more, much like I believe Belstaff did when J.Crew was carrying Roadmasters and Trialmasters.
It just depends on the look you want, but if it's bothering you, chances are you should size down. Whenever I'm a little worried that something fits too big, it rarely makes its way out of my closet.post #13989 of 1703111/22/13 at 5:20pmpost #13990 of 1703111/22/13 at 5:30pmpost #13991 of 1703111/22/13 at 5:59pmpost #13992 of 1703111/22/13 at 6:10pmHrmm for nylon there's this: http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/men/porter-by-yoshida-co
I'm not sure if the discount code excludes Porter, but they might be 20% off.
Leather opens up a some options, but will be pricier. MyHabit had theMadly deckard tote, which came in under your budget and is a decent (but unlined) option. Fok has one.
Common Projects had one a season or two ago that might be floating around still.post #13993 of 1703111/22/13 at 6:43pmpost #13994 of 1703111/22/13 at 9:30pmpost #13995 of 1703111/22/13 at 11:38pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 7 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 39 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The MBA Thread 2 minutes ago
- › BNWT Belvest for Jay Kos SC 51/49 Silk/Cashmere 38/40 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Whey protein 2014 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...