Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:28 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 933
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13982 of 1759311/22/13 at 2:15ampost #13983 of 1759311/22/13 at 9:56amHere's a dumb-ass sizing question:
For a while now, since losing a little weight, I've been obsessing over whether my Baracuta jacket fits too big. My main concern is the length. I have a 44 and I really should be wearing at least a 42. My fit is like the guys in this video in the red and blue jackets as opposed to the guy in the tan jacket--and as opposed to J. Crew models and other models I see with the jacket. I dunno,maybe the bigger fit is more of an old guy fit, which would be appropriate for me!
Anyway, what do you think?post #13984 of 1759311/22/13 at 11:34ampost #13985 of 1759311/22/13 at 12:49pmpost #13986 of 1759311/22/13 at 12:56pmpost #13987 of 1759311/22/13 at 1:34pmpost #13988 of 1759311/22/13 at 3:01pm
The original Baracutas have some history in golf. Arnold Palmer famously wore one in the British Open. It was meant to be a little loose, a "swing jacket" if you will, so that you could move freely in it.
If you like that look, go for it. The more modern look is to have a very sharp silhouette without the ballooning around the midsection. Just look at Baracuta's website, and you'll see that even their models are wearing the jackets very trim. I believe they may have even slimmed down the J.Crew versions even more, much like I believe Belstaff did when J.Crew was carrying Roadmasters and Trialmasters.
It just depends on the look you want, but if it's bothering you, chances are you should size down. Whenever I'm a little worried that something fits too big, it rarely makes its way out of my closet.post #13989 of 1759311/22/13 at 5:20pmpost #13990 of 1759311/22/13 at 5:30pmpost #13991 of 1759311/22/13 at 5:59pmpost #13992 of 1759311/22/13 at 6:10pmHrmm for nylon there's this: http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/men/porter-by-yoshida-co
I'm not sure if the discount code excludes Porter, but they might be 20% off.
Leather opens up a some options, but will be pricier. MyHabit had theMadly deckard tote, which came in under your budget and is a decent (but unlined) option. Fok has one.
Common Projects had one a season or two ago that might be floating around still.post #13993 of 1759311/22/13 at 6:43pmpost #13994 of 1759311/22/13 at 9:30pmpost #13995 of 1759311/22/13 at 11:38pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 18 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...