Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 11:17 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 933
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13982 of 1720711/22/13 at 2:15ampost #13983 of 1720711/22/13 at 9:56amHere's a dumb-ass sizing question:
For a while now, since losing a little weight, I've been obsessing over whether my Baracuta jacket fits too big. My main concern is the length. I have a 44 and I really should be wearing at least a 42. My fit is like the guys in this video in the red and blue jackets as opposed to the guy in the tan jacket--and as opposed to J. Crew models and other models I see with the jacket. I dunno,maybe the bigger fit is more of an old guy fit, which would be appropriate for me!
Anyway, what do you think?post #13984 of 1720711/22/13 at 11:34ampost #13985 of 1720711/22/13 at 12:49pmpost #13986 of 1720711/22/13 at 12:56pmpost #13987 of 1720711/22/13 at 1:34pmpost #13988 of 1720711/22/13 at 3:01pm
The original Baracutas have some history in golf. Arnold Palmer famously wore one in the British Open. It was meant to be a little loose, a "swing jacket" if you will, so that you could move freely in it.
If you like that look, go for it. The more modern look is to have a very sharp silhouette without the ballooning around the midsection. Just look at Baracuta's website, and you'll see that even their models are wearing the jackets very trim. I believe they may have even slimmed down the J.Crew versions even more, much like I believe Belstaff did when J.Crew was carrying Roadmasters and Trialmasters.
It just depends on the look you want, but if it's bothering you, chances are you should size down. Whenever I'm a little worried that something fits too big, it rarely makes its way out of my closet.post #13989 of 1720711/22/13 at 5:20pmpost #13990 of 1720711/22/13 at 5:30pmpost #13991 of 1720711/22/13 at 5:59pmpost #13992 of 1720711/22/13 at 6:10pmHrmm for nylon there's this: http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/men/porter-by-yoshida-co
I'm not sure if the discount code excludes Porter, but they might be 20% off.
Leather opens up a some options, but will be pricier. MyHabit had theMadly deckard tote, which came in under your budget and is a decent (but unlined) option. Fok has one.
Common Projects had one a season or two ago that might be floating around still.post #13993 of 1720711/22/13 at 6:43pmpost #13994 of 1720711/22/13 at 9:30pmpost #13995 of 1720711/22/13 at 11:38pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 6 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Suits! Suits! Suits! Let's Talk About Suits! - June 25, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Video Games 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...