Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 933
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13982 of 1730011/22/13 at 2:15ampost #13983 of 1730011/22/13 at 9:56amHere's a dumb-ass sizing question:
For a while now, since losing a little weight, I've been obsessing over whether my Baracuta jacket fits too big. My main concern is the length. I have a 44 and I really should be wearing at least a 42. My fit is like the guys in this video in the red and blue jackets as opposed to the guy in the tan jacket--and as opposed to J. Crew models and other models I see with the jacket. I dunno,maybe the bigger fit is more of an old guy fit, which would be appropriate for me!
Anyway, what do you think?post #13984 of 1730011/22/13 at 11:34ampost #13985 of 1730011/22/13 at 12:49pmpost #13986 of 1730011/22/13 at 12:56pmpost #13987 of 1730011/22/13 at 1:34pmpost #13988 of 1730011/22/13 at 3:01pm
The original Baracutas have some history in golf. Arnold Palmer famously wore one in the British Open. It was meant to be a little loose, a "swing jacket" if you will, so that you could move freely in it.
If you like that look, go for it. The more modern look is to have a very sharp silhouette without the ballooning around the midsection. Just look at Baracuta's website, and you'll see that even their models are wearing the jackets very trim. I believe they may have even slimmed down the J.Crew versions even more, much like I believe Belstaff did when J.Crew was carrying Roadmasters and Trialmasters.
It just depends on the look you want, but if it's bothering you, chances are you should size down. Whenever I'm a little worried that something fits too big, it rarely makes its way out of my closet.post #13989 of 1730011/22/13 at 5:20pmpost #13990 of 1730011/22/13 at 5:30pmpost #13991 of 1730011/22/13 at 5:59pmpost #13992 of 1730011/22/13 at 6:10pmHrmm for nylon there's this: http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/men/porter-by-yoshida-co
I'm not sure if the discount code excludes Porter, but they might be 20% off.
Leather opens up a some options, but will be pricier. MyHabit had theMadly deckard tote, which came in under your budget and is a decent (but unlined) option. Fok has one.
Common Projects had one a season or two ago that might be floating around still.post #13993 of 1730011/22/13 at 6:43pmpost #13994 of 1730011/22/13 at 9:30pmpost #13995 of 1730011/22/13 at 11:38pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 48 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 54 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 4 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...