or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 902

post #13516 of 16290
Quote:
Originally Posted by name View Post
 

 

Vanity sizing is a different beast. Any other understanding of my post? I hope I was able to put it into words clearly.

 

Edited for clarity: Is there such a word in English like a mis-sized garment? Eg. a pair of jeans sized 31 and next to it a size 32 - both are the exact same models from the exact same manufacturer! - and they measure the same, so one is mis-sized.

 

I am not native. I just asked because Google did not give any hits, but it can be a serious issue, esp. with online shopping!

 

Oh, no then.  It could just be called varied or inconsistent or mis- sizing, or some people would say poor quality control.  No specific set of words for that.

post #13517 of 16290

I really like the AE Portland dress boot:

 

But a lot of people on this forum seem to dislike it because of the last (?) and the number of eyelets. 

 

Are there any comparable boots out there that I should look at instead? In a similar price range as well? I really don't want to spend more than $500 on a pair - that would just be ludicrous with my budget. 

post #13518 of 16290
How should a heavy sweater fit that's more for style/trendy than the office? Long sleeves and over the backside for overall length? Or normal sleeves and just at the belt for length? Let me know which looks better below.

Here's the large:



Here's the medium:

post #13519 of 16290
That t shirt if you sized up probably the shoulders would be off maybe try a different brand.

Sweater guy you need a diff brand or something large looks right but roomy unless that is what you wanted. Medium is revealing too much treasure.

Id keep the large or try different brand.
post #13520 of 16290
Can anyone give advice on how to layer t-shirts? I.e style, sizing, brands that work well.

Thank you
post #13521 of 16290
You mean more than one t shirt?
post #13522 of 16290
Super the med sweater is too small. Accentuates your large hips too much.


Henree you can look at voidthebrand, geller, rick, damir, etc
post #13523 of 16290
Pretty noobish question:
What do you guys spend or care most on in your wardrobe casualwise.

Is it ok to skimp on certain things like tshirts and sweaters, pants? Hell, even shoes?
Which article of clothing do you spend most of your money on is what Im really trying to asl I think.
post #13524 of 16290

This Helmut Lang is a women's coat, isn't it?

post #13525 of 16290
Quote:
Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post

How should a heavy sweater fit that's more for style/trendy than the office? Long sleeves and over the backside for overall length? Or normal sleeves and just at the belt for length? Let me know which looks better below.

Here's the large:



Here's the medium:


medium works better, but you look like some sort of bizarre cyborg putting the ipad in front of your face to take the picture like that
post #13526 of 16290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bortelli View Post

Pretty noobish question:
What do you guys spend or care most on in your wardrobe casualwise.

Is it ok to skimp on certain things like tshirts and sweaters, pants? Hell, even shoes?
Which article of clothing do you spend most of your money on is what Im really trying to asl I think.

there isn't a right answer to this...some will say boots others will say underwear, still others will say suits, totally depends on what you value.

to start, I'd get basic entry level quality in a variety of places. once you've got a foundation, start adding to and picking nicer pieces that you like/value
post #13527 of 16290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bortelli View Post

Pretty noobish question:
What do you guys spend or care most on in your wardrobe casualwise.

Is it ok to skimp on certain things like tshirts and sweaters, pants? Hell, even shoes?
Which article of clothing do you spend most of your money on is what Im really trying to asl I think.


I feel you can skimp on the basics (underwear, undershirts, socks). Then others may disagree but I will save on basic tees and jeans and pants. For the jeans I will save on basic solid black or grey jeans but not on any blue or washed/faded pair. The cheaper ones of those just tend to look cheap.

The things I do not skimp on are outerwear, knits, and shoes. They generally draw the most attention so you should spend on those.
post #13528 of 16290
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobStrauss View Post

I really like the AE Portland dress boot:



But a lot of people on this forum seem to dislike it because of the last (?) and the number of eyelets. 

Are there any comparable boots out there that I should look at instead? In a similar price range as well? I really don't want to spend more than $500 on a pair - that would just be ludicrous with my budget. 

last preference and number of eyelets are completely subjective...main thing is that the boot is good quality and that you like its details (both seem to be true in this case).

assuming you've tried them on and they work for you, think you might benefit from telling the forum to proverbially fuck off and buy these if those are the only reasons you're not going for it
post #13529 of 16290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

Super the med sweater is too small. Accentuates your large hips too much.


Henree you can look at voidthebrand, geller, rick, damir, etc

Thanks - voidthebrand looks like what I was after.
post #13530 of 16290
Similar shoe to these swear london's?

Preferably of higher quality

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here