or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 901

post #13501 of 15838
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

the acne looks pretty good but that petit grey is ffffuuuu.gif

 

lol fair enough..

 

I've seen the MMM grey jeans talked about online but they appeared to be more of a straight cut where I was hoping for slim. 

post #13502 of 15838
any thread dedicated to womens fashion?
post #13503 of 15838

http://www.styleforum.net/t/127534/how-would-you-like-a-girl-to-dress/5130 has become the de facto women's fashion thread

post #13504 of 15838
Can anyone identify this weird shirt that Billy Reid is wearing in the new Shindig video? Pretty sure it's a type of fly fishing shirt, but it looks too worn/wrinkly to be any of the brands I've been able to track down (Simms, Columbia, etc.).

I realize it's kind of ill-fitting and all but I love it and need it and also want it.



Thanks,

CT
post #13505 of 15838
Quote:
Originally Posted by imightbechad View Post

Can anyone identify this weird shirt that Billy Reid is wearing in the new Shindig video? Pretty sure it's a type of fly fishing shirt, but it looks too worn/wrinkly to be any of the brands I've been able to track down (Simms, Columbia, etc.).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I realize it's kind of ill-fitting and all but I love it and need it and also want it.



Thanks,
CT

Almost definitely a flyfshing shirt likely in a tropical weight. Don't recognize the shirt brand but try Filson for something similar
post #13506 of 15838

What does everybody think about a second button showing underneath a v-neck sweater?  I bought a pima cotton RL v neck the other day and when I wore a sport shirt underneath the second button was showing just above the bottom of the v.  Does this matter?  Where do you find some shallower v neck sweaters?  Also, my shirt shows near my clavicle as well because the neck hole seems wide.  Let me know what you think.  Kind of looks like this...

 

P14769250b.jpg 

post #13507 of 15838
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post

So I want to get some lighter coloured denim and am considering these two.

http://tres-bien.com/brand/acne/jeans-max-light-vintage
And
http://tres-bien.com/brand/apc/petit-standard-jeans-grey

I want both a grey pair and light wash, but are there better suggestions out there?

TBS is my preferred vendor as I have a code + VAT reduction to benefit from.

at tbs, your your options are kinda slim. only other jeans I found which fit your criteria:
http://tres-bien.com/brand/levis-vintage-clothing/1966-501-jeans-customized

like the wash and lvc is typically decent quality.

the wash on the acnes is pretty bad, so I'd look for something a bit darker. tough to pull off a stone wash unless you're going for a very particular look

otherwise, I've had good luck with my levi 513 for grey denim. basic, decent cut and cheap for beater stuff. and obviously tough to miss with RRL for washed stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron4mvp View Post

What does everybody think about a second button showing underneath a v-neck sweater?  I bought a pima cotton RL v neck the other day and when I wore a sport shirt underneath the second button was showing just above the bottom of the v.  Does this matter?  Where do you find some shallower v neck sweaters?  Also, my shirt shows near my clavicle as well because the neck hole seems wide.  Let me know what you think.  Kind of looks like this...

P14769250b.jpg
 

kind of a weird question. there aren't any rules on the 'second button of a dress shirt showing under a v neck sweater', just personal preference--doesn't pose any issues, really.

v necks are cut differently by designer, just look for some with a less pronounced v if you don't care for it.
post #13508 of 15838
Anyone know the exact model of This MA-1?


Edited by Bortelli - 9/29/13 at 8:48am
post #13509 of 15838

Attachment FW12

post #13510 of 15838


Jacket brand ?
post #13511 of 15838

Is there such a word in English like a mis-sized garment? Eg. a pair of jeans sized 31 and next to it a size 32 - both are the exact same models from the exact same manufacturer! - and they measure the same, so one is mis-sized.

 

I am not native. I just asked because Google did not give any hits, but it can be a serious issue, esp. with online shopping!


Edited by name - 9/29/13 at 1:11am
post #13512 of 15838
Quote:
Originally Posted by name View Post
 

Is there such a word in English like a mis-sized garment? Eg. a pair of jeans sized 31 and next to it a size 32 and they measure the same, so one is mis-sized.

 

I am not native. I just asked because Google did not give any hits, but it can be a serious issue, esp. with online shopping!

 

It's called "vanity sizing" when the true size is larger than the tagged size.

post #13513 of 15838
I really like Red Wing Iron Ranger boots, but's difficult finding them in my size (for anything cheaper than retail value). I may pay anyway.

The only thing stopping me is the sizing: My feet measure about 9 1/2 inches and I wear a 6 in Converse. Should I get a size 6D or 5.5D?
post #13514 of 15838

In need of some basic Tee's, I have two from H&M for $5 each, its soft and I can't beat the feel. 

 

However, is this too tight?

 

post #13515 of 15838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mer6 View Post
 

 

It's called "vanity sizing" when the true size is larger than the tagged size.

 

Vanity sizing is a different beast. Any other understanding of my post? I hope I was able to put it into words clearly.

 

Edited for clarity: Is there such a word in English like a mis-sized garment? Eg. a pair of jeans sized 31 and next to it a size 32 - both are the exact same models from the exact same manufacturer! - and they measure the same, so one is mis-sized.

 

I am not native. I just asked because Google did not give any hits, but it can be a serious issue, esp. with online shopping!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here