Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:27 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 899
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13472 of 175939/24/13 at 11:28amNew business casual wardrobe. Need to buy 2 pair of brown shoes (no intention of wearing black shoes/coats to keep costs down). I was thinking one dark brown and one medium brown. I wear dress pants and button shirts. Suit/Tie twice per year. I have a budget of $500 for 2 pairs of shoes. for each shoe.Any recommendations?post #13473 of 175939/24/13 at 11:35ampost #13474 of 175939/24/13 at 11:39ampost #13475 of 175939/24/13 at 2:05pmpost #13476 of 175939/24/13 at 2:08pmpost #13477 of 175939/24/13 at 3:07pmpost #13478 of 175939/24/13 at 3:31pmpost #13479 of 175939/24/13 at 3:32pmpost #13480 of 175939/24/13 at 3:34pmpost #13481 of 175939/24/13 at 4:06pmpost #13482 of 175939/24/13 at 8:59pmpost #13483 of 175939/24/13 at 11:58pm
I am debating between these two gray sweatshirts:
24 oz. Sweatshirt by Taylor Stitch
16 oz. Raglan Sweatshirt by Best Made Co
(There's an option for blank sweatshirt, so without the red X)
Any help would be appreciated!post #13484 of 175939/25/13 at 3:23am
I have a dilemma regarding travelling and clothing.
I will be flying from Australia to the US in December to buy a US Navy Peacoat as well as a lot of shirts+pants+shoes. I plan to wear my blazer on the plane. Problem is I'll be coming back with both a blazer and peacoat. I really don't want to pack the blazer or peacoat because I only have one carry-on luggage; they're quite bulky and so won't fit with all my other clothes.
I have some ideas:
1. Wear blazer to US. Wear blazer+peacoat back to Australia
This will be fine when I leave US since it'll be freezing there but when I come back to Australia I might suffer from heat exhaustion since it'll be 32+ degrees Celsius (90+ Fahrenheit). I could take the peacoat off and hold it but it's going to be a hassle.
2. Ditch blazer and wear sweater to US. Wear peacoat back to Australia
This will solve the blazer issue. Problem is when I get to US I will be freezing with just a sweater alone. I might stack on another sweater but not sure if this will be warmer than a single blazer. However, my blazer is made of polyester so I guess it won't be that warm. Also I don't get to wear my navy blazer to nice places and get better service on the plane/hotel.
What should I do?post #13485 of 175939/25/13 at 5:23am
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 27 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 56 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 7 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?