or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 891

post #13351 of 15229
Question: does anyone know what the back length on a 46 margiela 5 zip is? I asked several people who have one and answers ranged from 22 to 25 so does it vary from season to season or are people just measuring it in different ways?
post #13352 of 15229
Sizing seems to vary season to season. I can measure mine for you when I get home, pm me if I forget
post #13353 of 15229
As a short person (5'7") would it be a bad idea for me to wear longer coats and/or boots with pants tucked (not necessarily at the same time)? Not sure if these would make me look shorter.
post #13354 of 15229

Does anyone recognize the boots in this image? Perhaps you may know of a similar looking boot?

 

 

 

http://www.onabags.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Noah2.jpg

post #13355 of 15229
So I took my jeans in to get tailored, brought a pair of H&M skinny's in to use as a guideline.

He told me he could only taper a certain amount, taking about an inch off. When he marked it off, it was still about another inch off of the skinny jeans I'd brought though.

He said that's all he could take in because any more and "it wouldn't be right."

I just kind of assumed he meant it would screw them up somehow if he did more. But after I left it kind of dawned on me he might have meant it wouldn't look right, as in this old Italian guy isn't familiar with that style.

Is this guy trying to not ruin the construction of my jeans or does he just think he knows better than me what I want?
post #13356 of 15229
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrnk View Post

So I took my jeans in to get tailored, brought a pair of H&M skinny's in to use as a guideline.

He told me he could only taper a certain amount, taking about an inch off. When he marked it off, it was still about another inch off of the skinny jeans I'd brought though.

He said that's all he could take in because any more and "it wouldn't be right."

I just kind of assumed he meant it would screw them up somehow if he did more. But after I left it kind of dawned on me he might have meant it wouldn't look right, as in this old Italian guy isn't familiar with that style.

Is this guy trying to not ruin the construction of my jeans or does he just think he knows better than me what I want?

I think he thinks that it wouldn't look right. I would take it somewhere else to get it done.
post #13357 of 15229
Ehh, it's kind of too late for that now. Guess I just have to swallow the 40 bucks on it (although I guess it'll be more like 20 since he'll at least have hemmed them correctly.)

I guess I should've been more skeptical when I asked him to taper them on the inseam, and he told me that wouldn't be able to do it, and nobody would be able to do it no matter where I took them.
post #13358 of 15229
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoji View Post

Does anyone recognize the boots in this image? Perhaps you may know of a similar looking boot?





http://www.onabags.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Noah2.jpg

Im not sure if these Red Wings are the exact ones, but they look similar.
http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Red_Wing_6_Inch_Round_Toe_in_Briar_Oil_Slick_5570.html
post #13359 of 15229

Anyone know where any side zipper hoodies might be available, similar to John Elliott's villain hoodie?

 

post #13360 of 15229
Looking for some nice grey stretch jeans similar to my black levis 508. Any advice?
post #13361 of 15229
I've got a pair of grey stretch jeans from Cheap Monday. Really like 'em.
post #13362 of 15229

I'm looking for minimalist suede sneakers, stuff like common projects (simple design), but for less than $100. Anyone know any?

post #13363 of 15229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeypotato View Post

I'm looking for minimalist suede sneakers, stuff like common projects (simple design), but for less than $100. Anyone know any?


Adidas x TheSoloist; some models by Clae, probably lots of Vans OffTheWall stuff.
post #13364 of 15229
Could anyone id model or collection of this RAF jacket ?

post #13365 of 15229
This sportcoat. Comments on style but most importantly what color pants it best matches and can it be dressed up and down?

http://m.imgur.com/lmPzf0T,jSG3tst
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here