or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 880

post #13186 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollox View Post

I'm really bad at knowing when clothes fit. Even a t-shirt, I couldn't tell whether I was a small or medium until I went into a fitting room with multiple mirrors which showed me how ridiculous I looked in medium. Now I'm having this problem with a long coat I bought (only medium left in stock), can't tell whether it fits baggy or it doesn't fit. I also have trouble with skinny jeans and shirts. Is there any guide for how clothes are supposed to fit?

 

Take a pic of yourself, and contemplate posting it in some forum's WAYWT (maybe here, maybe Reddit, maybe Sufu, maybe Dressed.so).  You will critique your look much harder lest others do the same to you, and you'll be doing so from a different perspective than you usually view yourself each day.

post #13187 of 16306
Hes better off posting it in here he will get murdered in waywt people think you have your look down. If he wants help he is better off in here
post #13188 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

Hes better off posting it in here he will get murdered in waywt people think you have your look down. If he wants help he is better off in here

 

I definitely agree, that's actually why I said "contemplate", not actually do it -- just thinking about it is halfway there, ;specially for sizing stuff.  WAYWT feedback is more about a consistent look and ideas.

post #13189 of 16306

How much does it normally cost to hem + take in a shirt at the back? I'm wondering if I'm getting ripped off. 

post #13190 of 16306
Depends on the tailor and if you asked for a quick turn around time but i have been charged $20-$30
post #13191 of 16306

Hello! I'm quite new the the world of dressing nicely (t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers). I was wondering what you guys thought about wearing this shoe with jeans? 

http://www.rendez-vous.ru/catalog/id/87851/

 

They're quite expensive, so I want to make sure they're a good investment. I read threads about not wearing black shoes with jeans, but these have a blue sole which makes them a bit less formal in my opinion.. 

post #13192 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2 View Post

Could i get some opinions on this sneaker please? https://colorado.com.au/TAGO-MENS-SHOE-Tan-196396.aspx

 

No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boned View Post

Has anyone tried Corter's new belts?  How do they compare to say Tanner's or Hollows natural veggie tan offerings?  I know Tanner's is a stretch because it's a $100 belt, but I do think they're slightly overpriced for the job done (from what I've seen).  Hollow's just restocked a 9 oz natural offering for $60 as well, which I'm very interested in.  

 

 

Also check out Orion Leather (http://www.orionleathercompany.com/men-casual-belt-s/296.htm). Not a "name brand" but super affordable and well-made (in my experience at least). 

post #13193 of 16306
I sold this jacket on eBay. The buyer claims it is black, not brown as I advertised. Opinions?

post #13194 of 16306
It looks brown

Have the guy hold up something we know is black and then look at them side by side, it will expose his lack of color & shade perception
post #13195 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by onbooze View Post

 

No...

 

Also check out Orion Leather (http://www.orionleathercompany.com/men-casual-belt-s/296.htm). Not a "name brand" but super affordable and well-made (in my experience at least). 

Thanks for this tip! I have been looking for a quality lower cost belt to go with my black cherry red wing's and jeans and the 1.5inch burgundy belts are perfect. Gonna be rocking those boots so hard soon

post #13196 of 16306

just got an oxford button down, and was wondering if it's worth it to find a tailor and get it fitted a little better, since you know, it cant be perfect. Do tailors do this?

post #13197 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacherywolf7 View Post

just got an oxford button down, and was wondering if it's worth it to find a tailor and get it fitted a little better, since you know, it cant be perfect. Do tailors do this?
Yes most of us here do this as OTR shirts rarely fit perfect.
post #13198 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post

What's a nice, cheap ($100 or less), versatile belt that'll age nicely?

Mostly gonna wear them with some APC's i got to prevent waist stretching.

Also, dumb question, but how do you size a belt? I wear a 27 in APC PS, so my waist is around 28" or 29" (I think)?

edit: Actually, if it's that much better, I wouldn't mind spending more than $100.

Look at Corter, Tanner, Equus. Those can all be had under $100. Tanner might be very close to that. Belts are typically measured from the middle hole the to the buckle end of the belt without the buckle. Most say to get a size up from what you buy your pants in, but that will vary depending on how much true to size your pants are. Another thing to factor in is how close to your waist you are going to wear your pants. If you are going to wear below your waist you will probably need larger than your waist size, since they will be resting on your hips rather than your waist, assuming that your hips are wider than your waist.

Thanks!
post #13199 of 16306

Looking for a way to survive the upcoming winter. I'm a tall (6'6) guy with seemingly limited option about to go to PA, satan's icebox

 

One person tells me to slap on a peacoat over a hoodie but as a college student I feel everyone in the world has one- should I jump on board?

 

Can techy jackets (north face parkas) look good on us average joe's? (exhibit A: http://www.gq.com/entertainment/music/201212/frank-ocean-photos-gq-december-2012#slide=4 )

 

Other options?

post #13200 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post

Looking for a way to survive the upcoming winter. I'm a tall (6'6) guy with seemingly limited option about to go to PA, satan's icebox

 

One person tells me to slap on a peacoat over a hoodie but as a college student I feel everyone in the world has one- should I jump on board?

 

Can techy jackets (north face parkas) look good on us average joe's? (exhibit A: http://www.gq.com/entertainment/music/201212/frank-ocean-photos-gq-december-2012#slide=4 )

 

Other options?

 

I purchased a pea coat from Schott and love it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here