or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 875

post #13111 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max727 View Post

So Im really into Ralph Lauren's style. I really like these looks, pictured below, but I want to know what the official name of these looks are. I know people call it preppy, but what is it really called? Its like a northern east coast old money european style. Is there a certain name for it?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bump.

post #13112 of 16306

You would be better served asking your question over at the Classic Menswear side of Styleforum.  By the way, that style would look very affected in almost any place l've lived/visited/roomed, so if you're going to wear that out, and not look stupid, you should probably have people in your social circle who can tell you exactly what is.  

post #13113 of 16306
It's "ivy" style... or WASPy clothing for old money white folk.
post #13114 of 16306

Simple Question.

I bought a PT01 Hamptons Chino, I found these labels(?) on the waist line of the chino

Should I remove them?

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

post #13115 of 16306

Any recommendations for good, versatile brown boots? I don't really dig the more common profiles of Alden Indy, Katahdin and Yuketen - in particular, moc toes and overly bulbous/round (a la Red Wing) toes do not appeal to me. Looking to spend up to $1200.

 

Here are some boots I like:

- W+H x Dayton Service Boots: can't find these in my size! I'm a US12/EU45, 44 in CP.

- These Guidis look amazing, but I'm worried about returning if the sizing is off. I've heard Guidi sizing isn't very predictable.

 

Thank you!

post #13116 of 16306
There's an entire thread dedicated to what you're looking for here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/248835/the-official-streetwear-baller-boot-shoe-thread-700usd-min/7600_100#post_6528093

and you can get help on sizing guidis there which shouldn't be a reason of stopping you from buying them, they make great boots.
post #13117 of 16306
I remember seeing some Swedish brand that was like a slightly cheaper Common Projects, I can't remember the name right now though...
post #13118 of 16306
What is Hipster winter coat/jacket style and/or brand that would go with a beanie? Also where would I go for a functional yet fashionable slightly hipster winter scarf?
post #13119 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyschmitt View Post

Any recommendations for good, versatile brown boots? I don't really dig the more common profiles of Alden Indy, Katahdin and Yuketen - in particular, moc toes and overly bulbous/round (a la Red Wing) toes do not appeal to me. Looking to spend up to $1200.

Here are some boots I like:
- W+H x Dayton Service Boots: can't find these in my size! I'm a US12/EU45, 44 in CP.
- These Guidis look amazing, but I'm worried about returning if the sizing is off. I've heard Guidi sizing isn't very predictable.

Thank you!

There is a thread on the W+H service boots. You can get the boots made by Dayton but the experiences have been mixed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dEX View Post

I remember seeing some Swedish brand that was like a slightly cheaper Common Projects, I can't remember the name right now though...

Svensson is the brand
post #13120 of 16306

Do I need to go a denim specialist to get selvedge denim tapered. My go-to tailor said she couldnt do it without ruining the selvedge line. Also what measurements besides leg opening would be important when tapering?

post #13121 of 16306

Need a cheap casual sneaker. Have a pair of beat up old Etnies that I liked and now I'm thinking of another. 

 

What do you think of these for only $45? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Or these for $39?

 

Or are there any better options out in a not-so-expensive price range?

 

Just bought some AE Strands so I'm feeling broke. 


Edited by BobStrauss - 8/12/13 at 8:13pm
post #13122 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizlefonizle View Post

Do I need to go a denim specialist to get selvedge denim tapered. My go-to tailor said she couldnt do it without ruining the selvedge line. Also what measurements besides leg opening would be important when tapering?

main thing in hemming selvedge denim is keeping the chain stitch in tact. I know both blue in green and self edge can do this for you though depending on which coast you're on

not sure what you're asking with the second question. if you just slim the leg opening, proportions could get screwed up, but no hard and fast rule. would talk to either two of the above to get input on your situation
post #13123 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobStrauss View Post

Need a cheap casual sneaker. Have a pair of beat up old Etnies that I liked and now I'm thinking of another. 

What do you think of these for only $45? 









Or these for $39?



Or are there any better options out in a not-so-expensive price range?


Just bought some AE Strands so I'm feeling broke. 

why not get some vans or chucks
post #13124 of 16306
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobStrauss View Post

Need a cheap casual sneaker. Have a pair of beat up old Etnies that I liked and now I'm thinking of another. 

What do you think of these for only $45? 









Or these for $39?



Or are there any better options out in a not-so-expensive price range?


Just bought some AE Strands so I'm feeling broke. 

both look pretty shitty, just get vans or chucks for like $5 more
post #13125 of 16306
what shoes is this dude wearing and do you think they work well with denim?

http://imgur.com/UFT6Vnr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here