If my memory is not failing me I think that high tops is another name for basketball shoes. These type of sneakers have a lot of padding on the sides of the shoe and ankle support because when you are playing basketball you are going to be doing a lot of side to side movement and the ankle support is good for the jumping. They do not have a lot of padding on the base of the shoe which is where you need it if you are running. Running shoes are a different type of sneaker, then the basketball shoe is, they have a lot of padding on the bottom and none at the ankle and no padding at the toes since you are going to be pushing off with your toes when you are running. Basketball shoes simply do not have the padding in the right spot for running and you stand a good chance of hurting your feet in the process. Running shoes also do not make great sneakers for walking around the neighborhood, since they have no padding in the toes one stands a good chance of hurting your toes, walking shoes are good for that, they have even amount of padding for the full length of the base of the foot since while walking you will not be doing any real pushing off as you do in running. A good example of a walking shoe is the Sketchers Go Walk line of shoes http://www.skechers.com/men#Styles=%2Fstyles%2Fathletic-shoes%2Fwalking-shoes, several other companies make walking shoes as well, although for some reason Nike does notnot, http://www.newbalance.com/men/shoes/Walking/102000,default,sc.html. One thing the my doctor has always said is "Americans love our shoes too long and we love the wrong shoes for the task at hand." I think he is right.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 828
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12407 of 172086/1/13 at 2:08pmpost #12408 of 172086/1/13 at 2:35pmpost #12409 of 172086/1/13 at 3:46pmpost #12410 of 172086/1/13 at 3:57pmQuote:
Assuming its Goodyear welted b. Nelsonpost #12411 of 172086/1/13 at 8:55pmpost #12412 of 172086/1/13 at 9:07pmQuote:
Maybe John Varvatos boots from ebay? Many of those feature distressed leather like Guidi, but the styling is different. There may be a few that look like Guidis, i dunno
Edited by kloss - 6/2/13 at 10:52ampost #12413 of 172086/2/13 at 8:26amQuote:
I ordered it thinking for $55 I can use it as a beater oxford shirt, but it turned out so beautiful now I'm only wearing it when I'm in my best. But that doesn't stop you from making it a beater shirt! Otherwise you can look into J Crew (only worth it at about $35 imo). I have heard good things about the oxford shirts at Target (which at $15-20 IS the definition of a beater.) I don't know what's your fit issue with LEC (all of the mentioned above happen to fit me pretty well) so I suggest you try all of them, find one you like, and buy 10 of it.post #12414 of 172086/2/13 at 1:26pm
Hope this is the right thread for a quick denim ID. If not, someone point me in the right direction.
WTF are these?!?! 1972 on the back of the buttons and 34 tag. Thrifted them, they seem new-ish like they haven't been washed feeling, so I'm pretty sure 1972 doesn't actually refer to the manufacturing date. I like them, and I really want to know who made them.post #12415 of 172086/2/13 at 1:46pmpost #12416 of 172086/2/13 at 2:19pmpost #12417 of 172086/2/13 at 2:39pmpost #12418 of 172086/2/13 at 6:04pmpost #12419 of 172086/2/13 at 11:28pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Grad Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Mood Fabrics 21 minutes ago
- › BNWOT - Ring Jacket A-1 Size Large 24 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 24 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 30 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...