Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 8/22/13 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- College Wardrobe- What to wear? Last post on 8/30/13 at 11:02am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 819
I'd rather buy something with a little better quality than H&M. Although at this point, i'm more concerned with the fit than anything.
the answer is... it depends.
some denim brands stretch alot (like APC) some denim brands hardly stretch at all.
My experience with levis is that they stretch a bit, maybe an inch or two in the waist, knees will stretch, thighs will loosen up a bit. That being said, it really depends on the denim used, and levi is a big company. They probably have factories in many countries all using slightly different denim.
non stretch denim will be 100% cotton, where stretch denim generally has 2% or 3% lycra (or something) so they're more comfortable and won't stretch permanently until the next wash.
There are a lot of really good options for under $100 here:
The Barneys Co-Op and the Piatelli are very nice, I think you'd be happy with either.
I need purchase opinion/help. Do I buy new pants or tailor existing pants
NEW PANTS: Slowear incotex cargo pants - wool light gray, (perfect for spring/summer imho)
EXISTING PANTS: Wool light gray perfect for spring pants. No cargo or other embellishments. They might be cuffed.
The differences being the Slowear are slim fit and the hem is unfinished. The ones I have are more of a classic fit with a generous break and generous rise.
Either I can have existing pants reworked (hem, leg, rise) or start fresh.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 5th SEPTEMBER 2014: LOUD TIES WORN WELL 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Please help me Identify these shoes 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)