Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 9:21 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:08 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:54 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 819post #12271 of 172185/17/13 at 6:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12272 of 172185/17/13 at 7:07amQuote:
I'd rather buy something with a little better quality than H&M. Although at this point, i'm more concerned with the fit than anything.post #12273 of 172185/17/13 at 7:14ampost #12274 of 172185/17/13 at 7:25ampost #12275 of 172185/17/13 at 9:33ampost #12276 of 172185/17/13 at 9:51amQuote:
the answer is... it depends.
some denim brands stretch alot (like APC) some denim brands hardly stretch at all.
My experience with levis is that they stretch a bit, maybe an inch or two in the waist, knees will stretch, thighs will loosen up a bit. That being said, it really depends on the denim used, and levi is a big company. They probably have factories in many countries all using slightly different denim.
non stretch denim will be 100% cotton, where stretch denim generally has 2% or 3% lycra (or something) so they're more comfortable and won't stretch permanently until the next wash.post #12277 of 172185/17/13 at 10:20ampost #12278 of 172185/17/13 at 10:28amQuote:
There are a lot of really good options for under $100 here:
The Barneys Co-Op and the Piatelli are very nice, I think you'd be happy with either.post #12279 of 172185/17/13 at 11:37am
I need purchase opinion/help. Do I buy new pants or tailor existing pants
NEW PANTS: Slowear incotex cargo pants - wool light gray, (perfect for spring/summer imho)
EXISTING PANTS: Wool light gray perfect for spring pants. No cargo or other embellishments. They might be cuffed.
The differences being the Slowear are slim fit and the hem is unfinished. The ones I have are more of a classic fit with a generous break and generous rise.
Either I can have existing pants reworked (hem, leg, rise) or start fresh.
THXpost #12280 of 172185/17/13 at 11:40ampost #12281 of 172185/17/13 at 3:36pmpost #12282 of 172185/17/13 at 6:07pmpost #12283 of 172185/17/13 at 6:34pmpost #12284 of 172185/18/13 at 9:50am
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › MC General Chat 9 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 14 seconds ago
- › UFOs: Unidentified Fashion Objects - The Fake, Phoney and Just... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 3 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 9 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...