Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Today at 2:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 8/22/13 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 819
Styleforum Top Picks
I'd rather buy something with a little better quality than H&M. Although at this point, i'm more concerned with the fit than anything.
the answer is... it depends.
some denim brands stretch alot (like APC) some denim brands hardly stretch at all.
My experience with levis is that they stretch a bit, maybe an inch or two in the waist, knees will stretch, thighs will loosen up a bit. That being said, it really depends on the denim used, and levi is a big company. They probably have factories in many countries all using slightly different denim.
non stretch denim will be 100% cotton, where stretch denim generally has 2% or 3% lycra (or something) so they're more comfortable and won't stretch permanently until the next wash.
There are a lot of really good options for under $100 here:
The Barneys Co-Op and the Piatelli are very nice, I think you'd be happy with either.
I need purchase opinion/help. Do I buy new pants or tailor existing pants
NEW PANTS: Slowear incotex cargo pants - wool light gray, (perfect for spring/summer imho)
EXISTING PANTS: Wool light gray perfect for spring pants. No cargo or other embellishments. They might be cuffed.
The differences being the Slowear are slim fit and the hem is unfinished. The ones I have are more of a classic fit with a generous break and generous rise.
Either I can have existing pants reworked (hem, leg, rise) or start fresh.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › iron ranger size us 10.5 owners 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...