That is absolute business casual. You could probably get away with less formal depending on where you live and the culture of your industry/company, but I can't see anyone having an objection to that ensemble.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on Today at 4:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:21 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 818post #12256 of 170905/15/13 at 3:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12257 of 170905/15/13 at 5:23pmpost #12258 of 170905/15/13 at 5:28pmpost #12259 of 170905/16/13 at 7:04pmpost #12260 of 170905/16/13 at 7:53pmpost #12261 of 170905/16/13 at 8:28pmpost #12262 of 170905/16/13 at 11:24pmpost #12263 of 170905/17/13 at 3:52ampost #12264 of 170905/17/13 at 4:51ampost #12265 of 170905/17/13 at 5:12ampost #12266 of 170905/17/13 at 5:45ampost #12267 of 170905/17/13 at 5:54amThey aren't feminine but IMHO cowboy boots make you look like a poser unless you have a generally western vibe. And if you have to ask whether or not you can wear them, you probably shouldn't be wearing them. That's not meant to be insulting, just that cowboy boot guys know they are cowboy boot guys and would already be wearing them.post #12268 of 170905/17/13 at 6:13amI'm 6'3, 160-165 lbs, and it's impossible for me to find pants that fit me right. I've got a small chest (36" I believe) and bird legs from the thighs down. I run, and am in good shape, but I'm pretty sure that my crotch/thigh/top block/torso area is extremely awkward and disproportional to the rest of my body, throwing off the fit of everything I wear.
Everything I have tried on in the past year in my traditional size (32 x 34), doesn't fit me right, usually in the crotch/rise and thigh area.
I even bought a pair of Levi's 508 Taper Fit jeans, that are supposed to fit roomier in the top block. There is more room than normal, but I still wish there was more room in the crotch and thigh area. I'm still uncomfortable when I wear them. I long for shorts weather because I've come to feel pants are impossible for me.
Also, I bought a pair of Under Armour Compression-Short Type underwear, on the recommendation of many here to prevent bulging, and I also wanted something that stayed close to my leg, so when I'm wearing jeans pants, they aren't just flying all over the place where I have to adjust the legs all of the time. However, they seem to have the opposite effect on me, and because they compress they create more bulge when I'm wearing casual/workout shorts. And I'm not comfortable with them in jeans at times because they almost hug me too much. Any ideas/recommendations?
Can any experts or tall guys weigh in? How do you deal with this issue? Buy a bigger pair of pants in the waist and tailor everything?
Edited by ohyoumad - 5/17/13 at 6:57ampost #12269 of 170905/17/13 at 6:17ampost #12270 of 170905/17/13 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by munchausen
They aren't feminine but IMHO cowboy boots make you look like a poser unless you have a generally western vibe. And if you have to ask whether or not you can wear them, you probably shouldn't be wearing them. That's not meant to be insulting, just that cowboy boot guys know they are cowboy boot guys and would already be wearing them.
+1 - boots look good but you should either live somewhere where they do not look out of place or be consistent in your look (but risk looking like you have a friend called Ratso)
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1664 Active Users (368 Members and 1296 Guests)
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Obtain Real and Fake Passports,Id cards,driver... 3 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 6 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Aldens, Polo RLs, The Gentle Man in size 12+ 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...