That is absolute business casual. You could probably get away with less formal depending on where you live and the culture of your industry/company, but I can't see anyone having an objection to that ensemble.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:08 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 818post #12256 of 170205/15/13 at 3:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12257 of 170205/15/13 at 5:23pmpost #12258 of 170205/15/13 at 5:28pmpost #12259 of 170205/16/13 at 7:04pmpost #12260 of 170205/16/13 at 7:53pmpost #12261 of 170205/16/13 at 8:28pmpost #12262 of 170205/16/13 at 11:24pmpost #12263 of 170205/17/13 at 3:52ampost #12264 of 170205/17/13 at 4:51ampost #12265 of 170205/17/13 at 5:12ampost #12266 of 170205/17/13 at 5:45ampost #12267 of 170205/17/13 at 5:54amThey aren't feminine but IMHO cowboy boots make you look like a poser unless you have a generally western vibe. And if you have to ask whether or not you can wear them, you probably shouldn't be wearing them. That's not meant to be insulting, just that cowboy boot guys know they are cowboy boot guys and would already be wearing them.post #12268 of 170205/17/13 at 6:13amI'm 6'3, 160-165 lbs, and it's impossible for me to find pants that fit me right. I've got a small chest (36" I believe) and bird legs from the thighs down. I run, and am in good shape, but I'm pretty sure that my crotch/thigh/top block/torso area is extremely awkward and disproportional to the rest of my body, throwing off the fit of everything I wear.
Everything I have tried on in the past year in my traditional size (32 x 34), doesn't fit me right, usually in the crotch/rise and thigh area.
I even bought a pair of Levi's 508 Taper Fit jeans, that are supposed to fit roomier in the top block. There is more room than normal, but I still wish there was more room in the crotch and thigh area. I'm still uncomfortable when I wear them. I long for shorts weather because I've come to feel pants are impossible for me.
Also, I bought a pair of Under Armour Compression-Short Type underwear, on the recommendation of many here to prevent bulging, and I also wanted something that stayed close to my leg, so when I'm wearing jeans pants, they aren't just flying all over the place where I have to adjust the legs all of the time. However, they seem to have the opposite effect on me, and because they compress they create more bulge when I'm wearing casual/workout shorts. And I'm not comfortable with them in jeans at times because they almost hug me too much. Any ideas/recommendations?
Can any experts or tall guys weigh in? How do you deal with this issue? Buy a bigger pair of pants in the waist and tailor everything?
Edited by ohyoumad - 5/17/13 at 6:57ampost #12269 of 170205/17/13 at 6:17ampost #12270 of 170205/17/13 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by munchausen
They aren't feminine but IMHO cowboy boots make you look like a poser unless you have a generally western vibe. And if you have to ask whether or not you can wear them, you probably shouldn't be wearing them. That's not meant to be insulting, just that cowboy boot guys know they are cowboy boot guys and would already be wearing them.
+1 - boots look good but you should either live somewhere where they do not look out of place or be consistent in your look (but risk looking like you have a friend called Ratso)
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1608 Active Users (438 Members and 1170 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 21 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 25 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...