I'm thinking about getting this pair of N&F jeans, but I've never tried raw denim before. I'm not interested in doing any major fading and from what I've read on the internet if I wash them about as regularly as I was normal denim they will still fade but there won't be as much contrast in the fades. Is this a good idea? Not really sure how much fading will occur if I wash them every ~5 wears or so.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Today
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 809
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12122 of 170315/4/13 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by NotRonaldo
I'm thinking about getting this
pair of N&F jeans, but I've never tried raw denim before. I'm not interested in doing any major fading and from what I've read on the internet if I wash them about as regularly as I was normal denim they will still fade but there won't be as much contrast in the fades. Is this a good idea? Not really sure how much fading will occur if I wash them every ~5 wears or so.
Well I didn't click the link but if you wash that often then they will lose color all over, fast. I'd recommend washing like every two monthspost #12123 of 170315/4/13 at 8:19ampost #12124 of 170315/4/13 at 8:21ampost #12125 of 170315/4/13 at 8:22amQuote:
Are you sure that they'll lose a ton of color? http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/07/perils-of-washing-raw-denim-too-early/ this post shows a guy washing his jeans about as often as I would and they look like the low-contrast fading I would hope to get.post #12126 of 170315/4/13 at 8:33ampost #12127 of 170315/4/13 at 8:34ampost #12128 of 170315/4/13 at 8:36amWhat do people usually wear at consultant firms? I guess the answer is probably really obvious but i am going to be working in one and I dont want to stand out (probably not the place to since i am just interning), I realize this is probably more of a question for thw otherside but I cant navigate that place :Opost #12129 of 170315/4/13 at 8:37ampost #12130 of 170315/4/13 at 8:39ampost #12131 of 170315/4/13 at 8:48amQuote:
They scare me, last time they were all like " omg youve been on this forvm foreverand you dont know the hierarchy for dress shoes ou must have a horrible learning curve, what a noob" then I got depressed and didnt go on sf for a couple of months
Haha I will try againpost #12132 of 170315/4/13 at 8:56ampost #12133 of 170315/4/13 at 10:35ampost #12134 of 170315/4/13 at 11:36ampost #12135 of 170315/4/13 at 11:53am
could someone help with my post please:Quote:Originally Posted by adamt
I already have this brown leather bomber jacket:
I wear this jacket with jeans , sometimes chinos, casual shirt and either dark brown boat shoes or dark brown chukka boots,
But ive seen black leather bomber jackets and i do like the look, i just went with brown before as i dont have or like any black footwear to wear with a blackleather bomber,
As you cant wear a black jacket with brown shoes i was thinking of buying a black one too
What do you think of these?
ive always thought black footwear was too formal,
i would be wearing the black leather bomber jacket with jeans/chinos - either navy/charcoal gray/stone/khaki, casual shirt (vertical stripe, checked, flannel, plain ocbd) with these black chukka boots
and they will be worn casually in the evenings/weekends going to restaurants, bars, pubs, shops, cinema, out with friends/girlfriend etc
what do others think? can black chukkas be worn casually with what i would wear ^^^ ?
would you buy a black leather bomber when you already have a brown one?if these chukka boots aren't suitable for my age/usage/clothes i'd wear with them, what other black footwear is more suitable for my listed activities/clothes paired with, to wear with a black leather bomber jacket?
by the way im 26
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random fashion thoughts 16 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 32 seconds ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 1 minute ago
- › Top quality dress pants brands 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 3 minutes ago
- › Shirts!! -- Charvet, Brioni, Zegna, Canali, Armani, Borrelli,... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...