I'm thinking about getting this pair of N&F jeans, but I've never tried raw denim before. I'm not interested in doing any major fading and from what I've read on the internet if I wash them about as regularly as I was normal denim they will still fade but there won't be as much contrast in the fades. Is this a good idea? Not really sure how much fading will occur if I wash them every ~5 wears or so.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:18 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 809
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12122 of 175895/4/13 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by NotRonaldo
I'm thinking about getting this
pair of N&F jeans, but I've never tried raw denim before. I'm not interested in doing any major fading and from what I've read on the internet if I wash them about as regularly as I was normal denim they will still fade but there won't be as much contrast in the fades. Is this a good idea? Not really sure how much fading will occur if I wash them every ~5 wears or so.
Well I didn't click the link but if you wash that often then they will lose color all over, fast. I'd recommend washing like every two monthspost #12123 of 175895/4/13 at 8:19ampost #12124 of 175895/4/13 at 8:21ampost #12125 of 175895/4/13 at 8:22amQuote:
Are you sure that they'll lose a ton of color? http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/07/perils-of-washing-raw-denim-too-early/ this post shows a guy washing his jeans about as often as I would and they look like the low-contrast fading I would hope to get.post #12126 of 175895/4/13 at 8:33ampost #12127 of 175895/4/13 at 8:34ampost #12128 of 175895/4/13 at 8:36amWhat do people usually wear at consultant firms? I guess the answer is probably really obvious but i am going to be working in one and I dont want to stand out (probably not the place to since i am just interning), I realize this is probably more of a question for thw otherside but I cant navigate that place :Opost #12129 of 175895/4/13 at 8:37ampost #12130 of 175895/4/13 at 8:39ampost #12131 of 175895/4/13 at 8:48amQuote:
They scare me, last time they were all like " omg youve been on this forvm foreverand you dont know the hierarchy for dress shoes ou must have a horrible learning curve, what a noob" then I got depressed and didnt go on sf for a couple of months
Haha I will try againpost #12132 of 175895/4/13 at 8:56ampost #12133 of 175895/4/13 at 10:35ampost #12134 of 175895/4/13 at 11:36ampost #12135 of 175895/4/13 at 11:53am
could someone help with my post please:Quote:Originally Posted by adamt
I already have this brown leather bomber jacket:
I wear this jacket with jeans , sometimes chinos, casual shirt and either dark brown boat shoes or dark brown chukka boots,
But ive seen black leather bomber jackets and i do like the look, i just went with brown before as i dont have or like any black footwear to wear with a blackleather bomber,
As you cant wear a black jacket with brown shoes i was thinking of buying a black one too
What do you think of these?
ive always thought black footwear was too formal,
i would be wearing the black leather bomber jacket with jeans/chinos - either navy/charcoal gray/stone/khaki, casual shirt (vertical stripe, checked, flannel, plain ocbd) with these black chukka boots
and they will be worn casually in the evenings/weekends going to restaurants, bars, pubs, shops, cinema, out with friends/girlfriend etc
what do others think? can black chukkas be worn casually with what i would wear ^^^ ?
would you buy a black leather bomber when you already have a brown one?if these chukka boots aren't suitable for my age/usage/clothes i'd wear with them, what other black footwear is more suitable for my listed activities/clothes paired with, to wear with a black leather bomber jacket?
by the way im 26
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 18 seconds ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 11 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › End of Bills Khakis 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Pre-owned Sartoria Formosa Gray Houndstooth 2 Piece Suit 48R/ Pants... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...