Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:47 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 790
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11837 of 171494/7/13 at 4:06ampost #11838 of 171494/7/13 at 5:33pmQuote:
Uniqlo is a great place to start. Simple, good quality jeans in a variety of fits/colors for $30-40, and even cheaper if you can snag them on sale (sign up for their newsletter and check their site periodically). If you want fancy shmancy selveadges, Gap has some around $90 but they frequently have sales (for example, if you order today you get 30% off your entire order).Quote:Originally Posted by syuji
I'm looking to buy a Levi's Slim Fit Trucker Jacket in Ghost
I'm about 5'11'' tall, 160 lbs, 37'' chest. Should I get the small or the medium?
I own a black slim fit trucker jacket from 2011, size medium. I'm 5'9'' with about a 40'' chest and it's a little snug when fully buttoned, but otherwise a perfect fit. Hope this helps.post #11839 of 171494/7/13 at 7:09pm
What's compelling about Robert Geller's jeans? I know that they are highly regarded by SFers, and seem to sell out quickly on Gilt. I looked at the composition Gilt describes them as and it gives it as "99% cotton, 1% polyurethane", the latter of which is interesting because I don't believe I'd ever it seen before used as a technical fabric (usually it's elastane, spandex, fine polyester). I also noticed the fit around the thighs was much skinnier than I'd like, but it'd make sense SFers like them since there is quite a skinny fit aesthetic also present here, so maybe they are perfect OTR fits for some. Just curios: What's the appeal, succintly?post #11840 of 171494/7/13 at 7:54pmpost #11841 of 171494/7/13 at 11:13pm
A couple questions I'm cross-posting in some threads that are relevant:
Is there a way to know if a shoe/boot has good arch support just by looking at it?
Does anybody know some decently priced (under $200) basic shoes/boots that have good arch support? I was thinking of Docs but since they started manufacturing in China they don't feel as good in quality as they used to be; I've got a newer pair and they've been difficult to break in.
I'm asking because I'm looking for a pair for a friend's birthday and he's said one thing he needs in a shoe is good arch support, and he has trouble finding nice shoes that are comfortable.
Thanks for any help you can provide.post #11842 of 171494/8/13 at 6:46ampost #11843 of 171494/8/13 at 7:16ampost #11844 of 171494/8/13 at 7:28ampost #11845 of 171494/8/13 at 8:13ampost #11846 of 171494/8/13 at 12:23pmpost #11847 of 171494/8/13 at 12:33pmpost #11848 of 171494/8/13 at 12:34pmGeller jeans are great. Depending what fit you get, theres the slim, skinny, and they vary season to season with some new names for the fits. Get in the geller thread, tons of good info in there Kop with confidence. The washed options are superb. I wear mine almost every day.
Now for my questions...
Im Getting hitched in joshua tree,ca so some desert friendly semi casual cloth is needed. No heavy fabrics, looking for a unstructured blazer, trousers, shirt and shoes. Bohemian vibe.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a mid range blazer - cotton/linen/even seersucker that would look at home in the desert landscape? I lean towards designers like geller, ervell, silent. Kolor seems like a potential candidate. I never wear a blazer, so this is new territory for me, any help would be appreciated.post #11849 of 171494/8/13 at 12:51pmpost #11850 of 171494/8/13 at 1:08pm
I'm looking for a khaki blazer that pairs well with jeans and dark chinos. I don't want something that's too flesh-colored so close to my face, so perhaps something that's more lightly-colored than the color one normally imagines when thinking of "khaki". As a poor college student, affordability would be nice as well!
Perhaps something like this, but a little lighter.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Edward Green Belgravia in UK9.5 , 184 Last in Antique Chestnut 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply fits great, reason to go full canvas? 16 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 21 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Men rings - How to choose? What do you wear? 22 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 25 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan