Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:36 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 790post #11837 of 178004/7/13 at 4:06ampost #11838 of 178004/7/13 at 5:33pmQuote:
Uniqlo is a great place to start. Simple, good quality jeans in a variety of fits/colors for $30-40, and even cheaper if you can snag them on sale (sign up for their newsletter and check their site periodically). If you want fancy shmancy selveadges, Gap has some around $90 but they frequently have sales (for example, if you order today you get 30% off your entire order).Quote:Originally Posted by syuji
I'm looking to buy a Levi's Slim Fit Trucker Jacket in Ghost
I'm about 5'11'' tall, 160 lbs, 37'' chest. Should I get the small or the medium?
I own a black slim fit trucker jacket from 2011, size medium. I'm 5'9'' with about a 40'' chest and it's a little snug when fully buttoned, but otherwise a perfect fit. Hope this helps.post #11839 of 178004/7/13 at 7:09pm
What's compelling about Robert Geller's jeans? I know that they are highly regarded by SFers, and seem to sell out quickly on Gilt. I looked at the composition Gilt describes them as and it gives it as "99% cotton, 1% polyurethane", the latter of which is interesting because I don't believe I'd ever it seen before used as a technical fabric (usually it's elastane, spandex, fine polyester). I also noticed the fit around the thighs was much skinnier than I'd like, but it'd make sense SFers like them since there is quite a skinny fit aesthetic also present here, so maybe they are perfect OTR fits for some. Just curios: What's the appeal, succintly?post #11840 of 178004/7/13 at 7:54pmpost #11841 of 178004/7/13 at 11:13pm
A couple questions I'm cross-posting in some threads that are relevant:
Is there a way to know if a shoe/boot has good arch support just by looking at it?
Does anybody know some decently priced (under $200) basic shoes/boots that have good arch support? I was thinking of Docs but since they started manufacturing in China they don't feel as good in quality as they used to be; I've got a newer pair and they've been difficult to break in.
I'm asking because I'm looking for a pair for a friend's birthday and he's said one thing he needs in a shoe is good arch support, and he has trouble finding nice shoes that are comfortable.
Thanks for any help you can provide.post #11842 of 178004/8/13 at 6:46ampost #11843 of 178004/8/13 at 7:16ampost #11844 of 178004/8/13 at 7:28ampost #11845 of 178004/8/13 at 8:13ampost #11846 of 178004/8/13 at 12:23pmpost #11847 of 178004/8/13 at 12:33pmpost #11848 of 178004/8/13 at 12:34pmGeller jeans are great. Depending what fit you get, theres the slim, skinny, and they vary season to season with some new names for the fits. Get in the geller thread, tons of good info in there Kop with confidence. The washed options are superb. I wear mine almost every day.
Now for my questions...
Im Getting hitched in joshua tree,ca so some desert friendly semi casual cloth is needed. No heavy fabrics, looking for a unstructured blazer, trousers, shirt and shoes. Bohemian vibe.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a mid range blazer - cotton/linen/even seersucker that would look at home in the desert landscape? I lean towards designers like geller, ervell, silent. Kolor seems like a potential candidate. I never wear a blazer, so this is new territory for me, any help would be appreciated.post #11849 of 178004/8/13 at 12:51pmpost #11850 of 178004/8/13 at 1:08pm
I'm looking for a khaki blazer that pairs well with jeans and dark chinos. I don't want something that's too flesh-colored so close to my face, so perhaps something that's more lightly-colored than the color one normally imagines when thinking of "khaki". As a poor college student, affordability would be nice as well!
Perhaps something like this, but a little lighter.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 52 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 14 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 20 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 22 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 33 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 36 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 39 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 40 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 51 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...