Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:48 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 790
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11837 of 174454/7/13 at 4:06ampost #11838 of 174454/7/13 at 5:33pmQuote:
Uniqlo is a great place to start. Simple, good quality jeans in a variety of fits/colors for $30-40, and even cheaper if you can snag them on sale (sign up for their newsletter and check their site periodically). If you want fancy shmancy selveadges, Gap has some around $90 but they frequently have sales (for example, if you order today you get 30% off your entire order).Quote:Originally Posted by syuji
I'm looking to buy a Levi's Slim Fit Trucker Jacket in Ghost
I'm about 5'11'' tall, 160 lbs, 37'' chest. Should I get the small or the medium?
I own a black slim fit trucker jacket from 2011, size medium. I'm 5'9'' with about a 40'' chest and it's a little snug when fully buttoned, but otherwise a perfect fit. Hope this helps.post #11839 of 174454/7/13 at 7:09pm
What's compelling about Robert Geller's jeans? I know that they are highly regarded by SFers, and seem to sell out quickly on Gilt. I looked at the composition Gilt describes them as and it gives it as "99% cotton, 1% polyurethane", the latter of which is interesting because I don't believe I'd ever it seen before used as a technical fabric (usually it's elastane, spandex, fine polyester). I also noticed the fit around the thighs was much skinnier than I'd like, but it'd make sense SFers like them since there is quite a skinny fit aesthetic also present here, so maybe they are perfect OTR fits for some. Just curios: What's the appeal, succintly?post #11840 of 174454/7/13 at 7:54pmpost #11841 of 174454/7/13 at 11:13pm
A couple questions I'm cross-posting in some threads that are relevant:
Is there a way to know if a shoe/boot has good arch support just by looking at it?
Does anybody know some decently priced (under $200) basic shoes/boots that have good arch support? I was thinking of Docs but since they started manufacturing in China they don't feel as good in quality as they used to be; I've got a newer pair and they've been difficult to break in.
I'm asking because I'm looking for a pair for a friend's birthday and he's said one thing he needs in a shoe is good arch support, and he has trouble finding nice shoes that are comfortable.
Thanks for any help you can provide.post #11842 of 174454/8/13 at 6:46ampost #11843 of 174454/8/13 at 7:16ampost #11844 of 174454/8/13 at 7:28ampost #11845 of 174454/8/13 at 8:13ampost #11846 of 174454/8/13 at 12:23pmpost #11847 of 174454/8/13 at 12:33pmpost #11848 of 174454/8/13 at 12:34pmGeller jeans are great. Depending what fit you get, theres the slim, skinny, and they vary season to season with some new names for the fits. Get in the geller thread, tons of good info in there Kop with confidence. The washed options are superb. I wear mine almost every day.
Now for my questions...
Im Getting hitched in joshua tree,ca so some desert friendly semi casual cloth is needed. No heavy fabrics, looking for a unstructured blazer, trousers, shirt and shoes. Bohemian vibe.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a mid range blazer - cotton/linen/even seersucker that would look at home in the desert landscape? I lean towards designers like geller, ervell, silent. Kolor seems like a potential candidate. I never wear a blazer, so this is new territory for me, any help would be appreciated.post #11849 of 174454/8/13 at 12:51pmpost #11850 of 174454/8/13 at 1:08pm
I'm looking for a khaki blazer that pairs well with jeans and dark chinos. I don't want something that's too flesh-colored so close to my face, so perhaps something that's more lightly-colored than the color one normally imagines when thinking of "khaki". As a poor college student, affordability would be nice as well!
Perhaps something like this, but a little lighter.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Ferre Shoes 25 seconds ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 6 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories