Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Today at 2:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 8/22/13 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 790
Styleforum Top Picks
Uniqlo is a great place to start. Simple, good quality jeans in a variety of fits/colors for $30-40, and even cheaper if you can snag them on sale (sign up for their newsletter and check their site periodically). If you want fancy shmancy selveadges, Gap has some around $90 but they frequently have sales (for example, if you order today you get 30% off your entire order).
I'm looking to buy a Levi's Slim Fit Trucker Jacket in Ghost
I'm about 5'11'' tall, 160 lbs, 37'' chest. Should I get the small or the medium?
I own a black slim fit trucker jacket from 2011, size medium. I'm 5'9'' with about a 40'' chest and it's a little snug when fully buttoned, but otherwise a perfect fit. Hope this helps.
What's compelling about Robert Geller's jeans? I know that they are highly regarded by SFers, and seem to sell out quickly on Gilt. I looked at the composition Gilt describes them as and it gives it as "99% cotton, 1% polyurethane", the latter of which is interesting because I don't believe I'd ever it seen before used as a technical fabric (usually it's elastane, spandex, fine polyester). I also noticed the fit around the thighs was much skinnier than I'd like, but it'd make sense SFers like them since there is quite a skinny fit aesthetic also present here, so maybe they are perfect OTR fits for some. Just curios: What's the appeal, succintly?
A couple questions I'm cross-posting in some threads that are relevant:
Is there a way to know if a shoe/boot has good arch support just by looking at it?
Does anybody know some decently priced (under $200) basic shoes/boots that have good arch support? I was thinking of Docs but since they started manufacturing in China they don't feel as good in quality as they used to be; I've got a newer pair and they've been difficult to break in.
I'm asking because I'm looking for a pair for a friend's birthday and he's said one thing he needs in a shoe is good arch support, and he has trouble finding nice shoes that are comfortable.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Now for my questions...
Im Getting hitched in joshua tree,ca so some desert friendly semi casual cloth is needed. No heavy fabrics, looking for a unstructured blazer, trousers, shirt and shoes. Bohemian vibe.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a mid range blazer - cotton/linen/even seersucker that would look at home in the desert landscape? I lean towards designers like geller, ervell, silent. Kolor seems like a potential candidate. I never wear a blazer, so this is new territory for me, any help would be appreciated.
I'm looking for a khaki blazer that pairs well with jeans and dark chinos. I don't want something that's too flesh-colored so close to my face, so perhaps something that's more lightly-colored than the color one normally imagines when thinking of "khaki". As a poor college student, affordability would be nice as well!
Perhaps something like this, but a little lighter.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...