Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:41 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 788post #11806 of 173054/4/13 at 6:06pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11807 of 173054/4/13 at 7:57pmQuote:Just wondering if anyone might have a suggestion for thisOriginally Posted by zrnk
So on the bright side, I now know how APC's fit kind of, so I have another question.
The New Standards I tried on fit pretty good every where but below the knee (I like a very tapered fit.) They fit just fine in the thigh and waist, but I wouldn't want it any tighter.
If I get a pair of Petit Standards, will they fit the same in the thigh and waist and just end up being a lot more tapered? Or will they fit skinnier in the thigh and waist too?post #11808 of 173054/4/13 at 8:15pmpost #11809 of 173054/4/13 at 8:40pmAre there any small or lesser known non-Japanese denim companies based in Asia? I know of Artist and Red Cloud. I will be travelling around the continent and wouldn't mind getting some, I guess close to Japanese repro quality, jeans. I think I have passed the Nudie/Levis/3sixteen/APC level.post #11810 of 173054/4/13 at 10:56pmpost #11811 of 173054/5/13 at 6:42ampost #11812 of 173054/5/13 at 7:57ampost #11813 of 173054/5/13 at 9:03ampost #11814 of 173054/5/13 at 9:11amQuote:Originally Posted by max_r
petit standards will fit slimmer in the thigh and lower rise, if I remember correctly.
If you're happy with the fit apart from the knee down, it could be worth just tapering the new standards.post #11815 of 173054/5/13 at 9:13amQuote:You should get it, that's a staple for me. It's pretty versatile, at least within the rest of my wardrobe anyway.post #11816 of 173054/5/13 at 9:39amHey I recently bought these and i was wondering a) Do they go well together? b) What should i wear with the trousers as far as tops go :
This is with the idea of wearing these when i go to bars or when i go into university
And the trousers are basically these, maybe a little lighter (This is a photo off internet, Buttoned up shirts like that definitely dont suit me) :post #11817 of 173054/5/13 at 10:19amQuote:
if you own a sewing machine that can handle stiff denim (not all can), its as simple as sewing a straight line. I would do it from the outseam, just one stitch, make the selvedge line wider. you can flip them inside out and pin them to the narrowness you want, then draw a chalk line (or pencil or whatever), and stitch it. Since denim isn't a fine fabric, you can do it a few times, you won't mess up the fabric.
If you have a tailor/seamstress do it, have them do it from the outseam and tell them not to cut any denim off, that way it can be undone if they fuck it up and taper them too much or something.post #11818 of 173054/5/13 at 6:52pmpost #11819 of 173054/5/13 at 6:55pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1270 Active Users (270 Members and 1000 Guests)
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 2 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 37 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 41 seconds ago
- › 9/9.5E Edward Green Dover and Westminster 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 5 minutes ago
- › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width) 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...