So my UB201s have a different leg opening; was wondering why the stacks are not nearly as neat as my 511s were. Is 7.75" too much for real nice stacks?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:11 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 783
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11732 of 175893/25/13 at 7:34pmQuote:
Yes. ub201s are much fuller cut than I anticipated as well, but I just hemmed mine and rocked them with small cuffs. You're not gonna get good looking stacks out of a 7.75 in. leg openingpost #11733 of 175893/25/13 at 9:16pmpost #11734 of 175893/26/13 at 2:32amStraight is ok, but you should spend about $20 and take them to a tailor and tell him to (use these exact words) "taper from the knee down to about a 7.5" leg opening." Different people have different preferences, but this seems to be a decent middle ground; I've found doing this tends to make straight legs much cleaner looking.
I will get a tailor to edit my straight and bootcut jeans, thanks for the tip.
As i have four pairs of chinos (stone, navy, charcoal gray and khaki) all straight / regular cut, would it be advised to tailor the chinos in the same way you recommended for my jeans ^^^
i would be wearing dark brown chukka boots or boat shoes with the chinospost #11735 of 175893/26/13 at 4:33ampost #11736 of 175893/26/13 at 5:38amAnyone know of a place to get slim button down shirts that are as slim as the H&M FIne Stretch or Divided XS Button downs? Or that fit like the Ben Sherman Soho fit? I can't find a shirt where its slim in the sleeves as well as these. I have skinny arms and things like the J.Crew XS slim fits are still really baggy. Any help would be great. I am tired of wearing the same few shirts and unfortunately I am not in a location where I can just to got a store and try things on.post #11737 of 175893/26/13 at 7:56ampost #11738 of 175893/26/13 at 4:41pmpost #11739 of 175893/26/13 at 4:48pmpost #11740 of 175893/26/13 at 7:12pmpost #11741 of 175893/26/13 at 7:28pmpost #11742 of 175893/27/13 at 1:20ampost #11743 of 175893/27/13 at 1:43ampost #11744 of 175893/27/13 at 4:51pmpost #11745 of 175893/27/13 at 7:17pm
Where to cop pants/jeans similar to this (pic from Schneider lookbook). I like the dark rich color/slight sheen on them, sorta have a dress up/dress down sorta vibe. Think that these could go nicely with black OR white shoes.
These actual pants have an elastic knit hem at the back which isn't really my thing, thats why I'm looking for something similar. Only requirement is that it tapers nicely but still has some thigh space.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Helmut Lang Camel Coat, Size 50 7 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...