So my UB201s have a different leg opening; was wondering why the stacks are not nearly as neat as my 511s were. Is 7.75" too much for real nice stacks?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:47 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 783
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11732 of 173413/25/13 at 7:34pmQuote:
Yes. ub201s are much fuller cut than I anticipated as well, but I just hemmed mine and rocked them with small cuffs. You're not gonna get good looking stacks out of a 7.75 in. leg openingpost #11733 of 173413/25/13 at 9:16pmpost #11734 of 173413/26/13 at 2:32amStraight is ok, but you should spend about $20 and take them to a tailor and tell him to (use these exact words) "taper from the knee down to about a 7.5" leg opening." Different people have different preferences, but this seems to be a decent middle ground; I've found doing this tends to make straight legs much cleaner looking.
I will get a tailor to edit my straight and bootcut jeans, thanks for the tip.
As i have four pairs of chinos (stone, navy, charcoal gray and khaki) all straight / regular cut, would it be advised to tailor the chinos in the same way you recommended for my jeans ^^^
i would be wearing dark brown chukka boots or boat shoes with the chinospost #11735 of 173413/26/13 at 4:33ampost #11736 of 173413/26/13 at 5:38amAnyone know of a place to get slim button down shirts that are as slim as the H&M FIne Stretch or Divided XS Button downs? Or that fit like the Ben Sherman Soho fit? I can't find a shirt where its slim in the sleeves as well as these. I have skinny arms and things like the J.Crew XS slim fits are still really baggy. Any help would be great. I am tired of wearing the same few shirts and unfortunately I am not in a location where I can just to got a store and try things on.post #11737 of 173413/26/13 at 7:56ampost #11738 of 173413/26/13 at 4:41pmpost #11739 of 173413/26/13 at 4:48pmpost #11740 of 173413/26/13 at 7:12pmpost #11741 of 173413/26/13 at 7:28pmpost #11742 of 173413/27/13 at 1:20ampost #11743 of 173413/27/13 at 1:43ampost #11744 of 173413/27/13 at 4:51pmpost #11745 of 173413/27/13 at 7:17pm
Where to cop pants/jeans similar to this (pic from Schneider lookbook). I like the dark rich color/slight sheen on them, sorta have a dress up/dress down sorta vibe. Think that these could go nicely with black OR white shoes.
These actual pants have an elastic knit hem at the back which isn't really my thing, thats why I'm looking for something similar. Only requirement is that it tapers nicely but still has some thigh space.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy just now
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 59 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015