It's neither good nor bad; it just is.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:21 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 766post #11476 of 171473/4/13 at 5:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11477 of 171473/4/13 at 6:12pmQuote:
I ended up grabbing a Yuketen Maine Guide boot on the bodega sale. It was like $190 after shipping, way too cheap to pass up!
I still want a Beckman though...post #11478 of 171473/4/13 at 8:15pmpost #11479 of 171473/4/13 at 8:20pmI'm trying to emulate this look from Rick Owens:
I can't really decipher the pants, the rise is an absurd 20 inches. I'm still pretty unfamiliar with drop crotch stuff -- are the pants meant to be worn high up? Or are the pants in the picture just hemmed? I used the zipper as a visual guide and think I'm wearing them at about the same height on my waist, but I might be wrong...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, he's probably a good half foot taller than me
I was also considering hemming several inches / narrowing the leg opening a tad, but we all remember what happened the last time someone here tried that with baggy trouserspost #11480 of 171473/4/13 at 8:21pmpost #11481 of 171473/4/13 at 8:33pmpost #11482 of 171473/4/13 at 8:47pmpost #11483 of 171473/4/13 at 8:51pmpost #11484 of 171473/4/13 at 9:01pmQuote:
My personal solution is just to have both sides "buy" each other's item through Paypal; that way if things go south, someone can always open a dispute. The 4% lost through Paypal is a small price to pay for a safe transaction.
So if I'm trading my $100 thing for someone else's $100 thing we'd just both pop each other $100post #11485 of 171473/5/13 at 12:08ampost #11486 of 171473/5/13 at 7:14ampost #11487 of 171473/5/13 at 7:15ampost #11488 of 171473/5/13 at 8:01amQuote:
I don't think there are any good quality suits which are sold at full price under $500. You are going to have to fork out more money.post #11489 of 171473/5/13 at 8:07amQuote:
What do you mean by "relevant"?
You can get chukkas, loafers, driving shoes etc
If the chinos are baggy and don't fit well, they won't go with anything.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1436 Active Users (309 Members and 1127 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Rick Owens Bauhaus calf leather jacket. SALE 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Best Mid-Level Suit? 10 minutes ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 19 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 19 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 24 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan