or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 763

post #11431 of 16097
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post

I'm wondering if I should be taking my 'untucked' shirts up quite this much? Thoughts?

Appreciate that so many have said to shorten my shirts, but it looks like I'd need then to be quite slim to do this.

Anything that is boxy/billowy or fuller in the chest/body needs a little more length to balance out. Not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post

Now to find someone who has a little more experience with shortening shirts. I still have quite a few i'd like to get done - though not quite as short. Need the length it seems to stop me looking so square. However they still need to be short enough to not look too long/touch down to my crotch.

As you mentioned in the first post, there is a balance you need to find. I would say the APC may be salvageable if you have the body AND the sleeves taken in.

I always have the body and sleeves taken in on fuller-cut shirts. Those alterations generally give the most improvements on fit -- lengths and darts take it farther.

Try asking your tailor's opinion before agreeing to any other alterations. I've worked with a few who will do whatever the customer asks, no questions asked. Maybe yours is of this type.
post #11432 of 16097
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post

Besides White and Light Blue, what other colors are advised in a Oxford long sleeve shirt,
- to be worn casually in the evenings and weekends with Stone/gray/navy/khaki Chinos and medium & dark blue Denim Jeans, all with dark brown desert boots or boat shoes

besides white and light blue oxford shirts, what other colors arethere that are versatile and suitble for casual activites - e.g. bars/pubs, restaurants, cinema, shops, out with girlfriend or friends, etc 
- for a 27 y/o

thank you

That's pretty much it.

lol

This post makes it sound like you don't really care to develop your own style -- just dress by numbers.
post #11433 of 16097
630_Ryan-Gosling_haendchen-halten-mit-eva-mendes.jpg

Anyone can identify this jacket or at least name me a style? Goslings of course.
post #11434 of 16097

Ditto. It looks great! ^^

 

So I have been posting over in Mens Classic and haven't really been getting much feedback. So here is my question:

 

Do you guys think it is possible to wear both SW&D type outfits and Mens Classic outfits? Because I am a huge fan of both styles. Some days I like to dress up with a dress shirt, tie, sweater and blazer. Other days I like to wear a sweat shirt, slim jeans and some sneakers.

 

Someone over there said it can't work because people will look at them both as costumes. I dislike this answer, because I truly love both types of styles. But he does have a slight point.

 

What do you think?

post #11435 of 16097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max727 View Post

Ditto. It looks great! ^^

 

So I have been posting over in Mens Classic and haven't really been getting much feedback. So here is my question:

 

Do you guys think it is possible to wear both SW&D type outfits and Mens Classic outfits? Because I am a huge fan of both styles. Some days I like to dress up with a dress shirt, tie, sweater and blazer. Other days I like to wear a sweat shirt, slim jeans and some sneakers.

 

Someone over there said it can't work because people will look at them both as costumes. I dislike this answer, because I truly love both types of styles. But he does have a slight point.

 

What do you think?

 

I'm a noob but I think the answer to your question is yes.

 

With that said, keep in mind that SW&D is so much broader than MC. SW&D covers everything from the "style" that you mentioned to minimalism, anti-fashion, avant-garde, etc. Sure, there are people who wear business casual Mon through Friday for work then rock yohji yamamoto during non-work hours. 

 

So when you say you want to mix "SW&D type outfits" with MC, sure it can be done and is done by a lot of people on SF, but it depends on what you mean by "SW&D type outfits" because there really really isn't one imo.

 

 

Bring on the haterz.

post #11436 of 16097
I enjoy versatility in my outfits and do this often, no sweat.... as do others (i.e. read 1st sig quote)
But its true that there are extremes at both ends and pulling that off would be a bit difficult and I figure really confusing to the peeps you see on a regular basis, but if you keep them close to middle ground on both ends it works well and much easier to pull off.
post #11437 of 16097

Were should the ribbed cuffs of a bomber jacket stop? Right on the joint of the wrist? Or a bit lower? 

post #11438 of 16097
Do you want to be the guy whose jacket sleeves ride halfway up his forearm when he doesn't keep his arms straight down?
post #11439 of 16097

No.

post #11440 of 16097

I see a lot of bombers stopping at the wrist in WAYWT pics though.

post #11441 of 16097
You should size to stop at the wrist with a bit of stacking. It follows that if you were to remove said stacking, it would go beyond the wrist joint.
post #11442 of 16097
WHAT KIND OF GLASSES IS CHRIS ANDERSON WEARING ON THE MIAMI HEAT HARLEM SHAKE VIDEO
post #11443 of 16097

 

 

Hey guys I need help. Any ideas on how I can wear this casually? (Maybe with jeans or chinos?) Thanks!

post #11444 of 16097

Look through the SW&D WAYWT and the MC Casual thread, and you're bound to see some examples on how to wear them. 

post #11445 of 16097
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

Look through the SW&D WAYWT and the MC Casual thread, and you're bound to see some examples on how to wear them. 

I have. I've browsed like 100 pages and most that I've seen are dressed up. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here