Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:16 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 761post #11401 of 172892/25/13 at 5:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11402 of 172892/25/13 at 10:08pmpost #11403 of 172892/25/13 at 10:58pmpost #11404 of 172892/26/13 at 7:35ampost #11405 of 172892/26/13 at 7:38am
I am rather clueless as to what colors should I wear for my skin type and what kind of jeans (fit) to complement my looks.
I know the complexion is hard to determine from the pictures but here is an attempt at it, pix taken with different cams / lightning conditions. I hope its ok to post in here.
My take is that I do not have too pale skin and that I should combine
- light (beige, champage, white, off-white) and
- dark (black, royal or navy blue, perhaps burgundy) tops (or layer those colors)
with dark jeans and navy or black pants.
Would it make sense to use:
a) dark (t-)shirt without cardigan / sweater / blazer / hoodie / (black)jacket
b) light when I wear something on top of it
The shirts I plan to buy will mostely be henley shirts that are close to the neck as I will have sensitive skin and will have to use sunscream most of the time so the buttons on henley will go a long way when putting shirts on/off (have a pile of black and white tshirts already but they touch the face when I put them on and get sun cream on them)... At work I will wear button down shirts, Calvin Klein seem to fit best (or Olymp level 5).
As for shoes I prefer boots (guess black "army" and dark brown cowboy ankle boots) for the bad weather and white snickers (think nike capri premium white) or black oxfords for suits.
So the questions:
- are the color choices OK
- what type of denim should I use for my fit (somewhat muscular legs), I think dark denim is the way to go?
The fist image has white / light blue shirt and I guess those colors don't work too good?
February 3, 2013, nikon cam
January 24, 2013, nikon cam
February 25, 2013, poor lightning smartphone cam
February 26, 2013, smartphone cam, somewhat off lights again
thank you for your time and all the answers,
Zigapost #11406 of 172892/26/13 at 8:59ampost #11407 of 172892/26/13 at 10:06ampost #11408 of 172892/26/13 at 7:20pmpost #11409 of 172892/27/13 at 1:55am
Hello all, I am trying to decide on a pair of Shoes Like Pottery in either black or natural. I intend to wear them with denim while the weather's still cool, but then pair them with APC shorts as spring and summer roll around. I'm leaning toward the naturals, but any input would be much appreciated! Here's the link: http://assemblynewyork.com/designers/shoes-like-pottery.htmlpost #11410 of 172892/27/13 at 1:56amQuote:
Perhaps Red Wing's Beckman Oxford would be worth a look? Here's a link: http://www.shermanbrothers.com/product.php?ItemId=10878&ProductId=20422&ref=lsf&utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=pi&utm_campaign=plp&utm_date=s&utm_content=sh10878_2042post #11411 of 172892/27/13 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by scipio82
Hello all, I am trying to decide on a pair of Shoes Like Pottery in either black or natural. I intend to wear them with denim while the weather's still cool, but then pair them with APC shorts as spring and summer roll around. I'm leaning toward the naturals, but any input would be much appreciated! Here's the link: http://assemblynewyork.com/designers/shoes-like-pottery.html
+1 for natural, especially with shorts. The black ain't bad though.post #11412 of 172892/27/13 at 2:50pmpost #11413 of 172892/27/13 at 5:46pmpost #11414 of 172892/27/13 at 7:48pmpost #11415 of 172892/27/13 at 8:10pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 12 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Shell Cordovan captoe boots 8.5D Tassels HK special edition 19 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...