Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:39 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 761post #11401 of 175942/25/13 at 5:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11402 of 175942/25/13 at 10:08pmpost #11403 of 175942/25/13 at 10:58pmpost #11404 of 175942/26/13 at 7:35ampost #11405 of 175942/26/13 at 7:38am
I am rather clueless as to what colors should I wear for my skin type and what kind of jeans (fit) to complement my looks.
I know the complexion is hard to determine from the pictures but here is an attempt at it, pix taken with different cams / lightning conditions. I hope its ok to post in here.
My take is that I do not have too pale skin and that I should combine
- light (beige, champage, white, off-white) and
- dark (black, royal or navy blue, perhaps burgundy) tops (or layer those colors)
with dark jeans and navy or black pants.
Would it make sense to use:
a) dark (t-)shirt without cardigan / sweater / blazer / hoodie / (black)jacket
b) light when I wear something on top of it
The shirts I plan to buy will mostely be henley shirts that are close to the neck as I will have sensitive skin and will have to use sunscream most of the time so the buttons on henley will go a long way when putting shirts on/off (have a pile of black and white tshirts already but they touch the face when I put them on and get sun cream on them)... At work I will wear button down shirts, Calvin Klein seem to fit best (or Olymp level 5).
As for shoes I prefer boots (guess black "army" and dark brown cowboy ankle boots) for the bad weather and white snickers (think nike capri premium white) or black oxfords for suits.
So the questions:
- are the color choices OK
- what type of denim should I use for my fit (somewhat muscular legs), I think dark denim is the way to go?
The fist image has white / light blue shirt and I guess those colors don't work too good?
February 3, 2013, nikon cam
January 24, 2013, nikon cam
February 25, 2013, poor lightning smartphone cam
February 26, 2013, smartphone cam, somewhat off lights again
thank you for your time and all the answers,
Zigapost #11406 of 175942/26/13 at 8:59ampost #11407 of 175942/26/13 at 10:06ampost #11408 of 175942/26/13 at 7:20pmpost #11409 of 175942/27/13 at 1:55am
Hello all, I am trying to decide on a pair of Shoes Like Pottery in either black or natural. I intend to wear them with denim while the weather's still cool, but then pair them with APC shorts as spring and summer roll around. I'm leaning toward the naturals, but any input would be much appreciated! Here's the link: http://assemblynewyork.com/designers/shoes-like-pottery.htmlpost #11410 of 175942/27/13 at 1:56amQuote:
Perhaps Red Wing's Beckman Oxford would be worth a look? Here's a link: http://www.shermanbrothers.com/product.php?ItemId=10878&ProductId=20422&ref=lsf&utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=pi&utm_campaign=plp&utm_date=s&utm_content=sh10878_2042post #11411 of 175942/27/13 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by scipio82
Hello all, I am trying to decide on a pair of Shoes Like Pottery in either black or natural. I intend to wear them with denim while the weather's still cool, but then pair them with APC shorts as spring and summer roll around. I'm leaning toward the naturals, but any input would be much appreciated! Here's the link: http://assemblynewyork.com/designers/shoes-like-pottery.html
+1 for natural, especially with shorts. The black ain't bad though.post #11412 of 175942/27/13 at 2:50pmpost #11413 of 175942/27/13 at 5:46pmpost #11414 of 175942/27/13 at 7:48pmpost #11415 of 175942/27/13 at 8:10pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › Dior Homme leather bomber from AW05 "In the Morning" sz. 48 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?