Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 761post #11401 of 172092/25/13 at 5:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11402 of 172092/25/13 at 10:08pmpost #11403 of 172092/25/13 at 10:58pmpost #11404 of 172092/26/13 at 7:35ampost #11405 of 172092/26/13 at 7:38am
I am rather clueless as to what colors should I wear for my skin type and what kind of jeans (fit) to complement my looks.
I know the complexion is hard to determine from the pictures but here is an attempt at it, pix taken with different cams / lightning conditions. I hope its ok to post in here.
My take is that I do not have too pale skin and that I should combine
- light (beige, champage, white, off-white) and
- dark (black, royal or navy blue, perhaps burgundy) tops (or layer those colors)
with dark jeans and navy or black pants.
Would it make sense to use:
a) dark (t-)shirt without cardigan / sweater / blazer / hoodie / (black)jacket
b) light when I wear something on top of it
The shirts I plan to buy will mostely be henley shirts that are close to the neck as I will have sensitive skin and will have to use sunscream most of the time so the buttons on henley will go a long way when putting shirts on/off (have a pile of black and white tshirts already but they touch the face when I put them on and get sun cream on them)... At work I will wear button down shirts, Calvin Klein seem to fit best (or Olymp level 5).
As for shoes I prefer boots (guess black "army" and dark brown cowboy ankle boots) for the bad weather and white snickers (think nike capri premium white) or black oxfords for suits.
So the questions:
- are the color choices OK
- what type of denim should I use for my fit (somewhat muscular legs), I think dark denim is the way to go?
The fist image has white / light blue shirt and I guess those colors don't work too good?
February 3, 2013, nikon cam
January 24, 2013, nikon cam
February 25, 2013, poor lightning smartphone cam
February 26, 2013, smartphone cam, somewhat off lights again
thank you for your time and all the answers,
Zigapost #11406 of 172092/26/13 at 8:59ampost #11407 of 172092/26/13 at 10:06ampost #11408 of 172092/26/13 at 7:20pmpost #11409 of 172092/27/13 at 1:55am
Hello all, I am trying to decide on a pair of Shoes Like Pottery in either black or natural. I intend to wear them with denim while the weather's still cool, but then pair them with APC shorts as spring and summer roll around. I'm leaning toward the naturals, but any input would be much appreciated! Here's the link: http://assemblynewyork.com/designers/shoes-like-pottery.htmlpost #11410 of 172092/27/13 at 1:56amQuote:
Perhaps Red Wing's Beckman Oxford would be worth a look? Here's a link: http://www.shermanbrothers.com/product.php?ItemId=10878&ProductId=20422&ref=lsf&utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=pi&utm_campaign=plp&utm_date=s&utm_content=sh10878_2042post #11411 of 172092/27/13 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by scipio82
Hello all, I am trying to decide on a pair of Shoes Like Pottery in either black or natural. I intend to wear them with denim while the weather's still cool, but then pair them with APC shorts as spring and summer roll around. I'm leaning toward the naturals, but any input would be much appreciated! Here's the link: http://assemblynewyork.com/designers/shoes-like-pottery.html
+1 for natural, especially with shorts. The black ain't bad though.post #11412 of 172092/27/13 at 2:50pmpost #11413 of 172092/27/13 at 5:46pmpost #11414 of 172092/27/13 at 7:48pmpost #11415 of 172092/27/13 at 8:10pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Visvim Poll 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 16 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 16 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...