Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:21 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 761post #11401 of 171472/25/13 at 5:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11402 of 171472/25/13 at 10:08pmpost #11403 of 171472/25/13 at 10:58pmpost #11404 of 171472/26/13 at 7:35ampost #11405 of 171472/26/13 at 7:38am
I am rather clueless as to what colors should I wear for my skin type and what kind of jeans (fit) to complement my looks.
I know the complexion is hard to determine from the pictures but here is an attempt at it, pix taken with different cams / lightning conditions. I hope its ok to post in here.
My take is that I do not have too pale skin and that I should combine
- light (beige, champage, white, off-white) and
- dark (black, royal or navy blue, perhaps burgundy) tops (or layer those colors)
with dark jeans and navy or black pants.
Would it make sense to use:
a) dark (t-)shirt without cardigan / sweater / blazer / hoodie / (black)jacket
b) light when I wear something on top of it
The shirts I plan to buy will mostely be henley shirts that are close to the neck as I will have sensitive skin and will have to use sunscream most of the time so the buttons on henley will go a long way when putting shirts on/off (have a pile of black and white tshirts already but they touch the face when I put them on and get sun cream on them)... At work I will wear button down shirts, Calvin Klein seem to fit best (or Olymp level 5).
As for shoes I prefer boots (guess black "army" and dark brown cowboy ankle boots) for the bad weather and white snickers (think nike capri premium white) or black oxfords for suits.
So the questions:
- are the color choices OK
- what type of denim should I use for my fit (somewhat muscular legs), I think dark denim is the way to go?
The fist image has white / light blue shirt and I guess those colors don't work too good?
February 3, 2013, nikon cam
January 24, 2013, nikon cam
February 25, 2013, poor lightning smartphone cam
February 26, 2013, smartphone cam, somewhat off lights again
thank you for your time and all the answers,
Zigapost #11406 of 171472/26/13 at 8:59ampost #11407 of 171472/26/13 at 10:06ampost #11408 of 171472/26/13 at 7:20pmpost #11409 of 171472/27/13 at 1:55am
Hello all, I am trying to decide on a pair of Shoes Like Pottery in either black or natural. I intend to wear them with denim while the weather's still cool, but then pair them with APC shorts as spring and summer roll around. I'm leaning toward the naturals, but any input would be much appreciated! Here's the link: http://assemblynewyork.com/designers/shoes-like-pottery.htmlpost #11410 of 171472/27/13 at 1:56amQuote:
Perhaps Red Wing's Beckman Oxford would be worth a look? Here's a link: http://www.shermanbrothers.com/product.php?ItemId=10878&ProductId=20422&ref=lsf&utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=pi&utm_campaign=plp&utm_date=s&utm_content=sh10878_2042post #11411 of 171472/27/13 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by scipio82
Hello all, I am trying to decide on a pair of Shoes Like Pottery in either black or natural. I intend to wear them with denim while the weather's still cool, but then pair them with APC shorts as spring and summer roll around. I'm leaning toward the naturals, but any input would be much appreciated! Here's the link: http://assemblynewyork.com/designers/shoes-like-pottery.html
+1 for natural, especially with shorts. The black ain't bad though.post #11412 of 171472/27/13 at 2:50pmpost #11413 of 171472/27/13 at 5:46pmpost #11414 of 171472/27/13 at 7:48pmpost #11415 of 171472/27/13 at 8:10pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Black SLP 15.5cm denim 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › The mind of a wife who had never been a mother 12 minutes ago
- › All Natural, Non-Toxic, Shoe Polish 20 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 33 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 35 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 40 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan