Does the Comme Des Garcons polo shirt fit the same as the RL custom fit?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 1:43 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 756
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11327 of 171432/16/13 at 6:00pmI bought some Florsheims at a rummage sale and they need to be resoled. They have like a rubber pad in the middle of the sole and the heel is rubber. Has anyone ever seen this? I wasn't sure if I can just take them to get the pads replaced or what. I might just get a whole new sole put on, I don't know yet.
What are advantages/disadvantages to different types of soles? Was gonna go with leather but I Know those wear fast.post #11328 of 171432/16/13 at 10:59pmpost #11329 of 171432/17/13 at 2:39amQuote:Originally Posted by Distorbiant
I want to buy some black boots. Either lace ups or side zips.
Something in the shade of black similar to this picture.
Can anyone help me out?
those boots are the H&MxMMM black sidezips, looks like he's rubbed the finish off though, as they're bit lighter colored when new. You could probably still find a pair cheap if you have an H&M store near you, otherwise theres a few on ebay for not unreasonable prices.
apart from that, I can't think of anything in a similar shade of dark grey. Moma has some 'steel grey' lace ups on yoox, but they just look black to me.
http://www.yoox.com/uk/44477663CO/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=44477663XN&sizeId=post #11330 of 171432/17/13 at 2:09pm
I'm looking for a good / interesting raincoat for spring, preferably something oversized (in the right places), and preferably in navy/blue. I've always quite liked the Ervell raincoats for that season but the shoulder button things have always put me off (and the price). So maybe something similar to that. Or completely different, i don't care - i'm just lost for ideas. I want to start experimenting with a different silhouette this spring and summer. Something with loose proportions but nothing serious - still fun (??). I've always been a bit a standard / boring when the weather has got warmer but i've already got my hands on some slightly cropped linen trousers, some oversized t shirts as well as some 3 eyelet 1461 docs etc. Throw ideas my way if you have them. Thanks.post #11331 of 171432/17/13 at 2:48pmpost #11332 of 171432/17/13 at 6:54pmpost #11333 of 171432/17/13 at 10:12pmpost #11334 of 171432/17/13 at 11:48pmQuote:Quote:
but seriously, I think Cotton On has even cheaper v-necks (I remember paying like 7 bucks for them), same with H&M if you want some dirt cheap v-necks in mute and interesting colors. One of them that I wore a bit more often started pilling a lot sooner than I expected but I guess that's what you get for the price.post #11335 of 171432/18/13 at 2:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Digmenow
I get what you're saying but in the past, I tried to wear a sport coat and dress shirt and was SERIOUSLY overdressed for these events. I'm still trying to dress as well as possible within the framework of what others will be wearing. That's why I came here, to do what they THINK they are doing but to do it right, I hope.
It was just an image I grabbed off the net because my own shirt has that bird logo on the front.
It's my favorite of all the Orioles logos ever.
This is me doing SW&D
Why not just wear this to the company event?
I'm not a fan of the jacket you posted earlier. When I dress down I usually just wear a plain fitted tee with slim straight jeans and sneakers with a sweater or jacket if its colder.post #11336 of 171432/18/13 at 7:14am
Shirt, sweater and short torso
Hello, I have this constant issue with having a very short torso in proportion to my legs (and very high waist). My height is normal, 5'11". Wearing any shirt tucked in looks pretty odd, unless I'm wearing a jacket as well. My normal day wear (workwear, I'm a researcher ;)) is jeans/chinos and a heavier informal/semi formal shirt, usually M&S, untucked. However when I go outside in the cooler parts of the year, or when it's really cold inside I wear a V-neck sweater (heavy or light, according to the temperature) over my shirt. This, of course, poses a problem, as untucked shirt with a sweater over it looks bad and if I tuck my shirt in (e.g. when going for lunch) I cannot untuck it aftwerwards, since it is already wrinkled at the bottom. Any solution to my conundrum?post #11337 of 171432/18/13 at 8:21am
I have a small collection of six casual shirts, which i wear with denim jeans and dark brown boat shoes
only for casual social situations, e.g. the pubs/bars, shops, restaurants, cinema, etc
Suited for a 26 year old man.
So looking at my six casual shirts. what other colors/styles would be a good addition for what i wear them with/for?
- Also, besides denim jeans, what would be a suitable pair of bottoms/trousers to wear with these shirts?
i have 4 shades of blue denim, but was hoping there were other trousers that suit these shirts , also besides creme chinos
Gray flannel shirt
Green/white vertical stripes
Red flannel shirt
Light Blue/white vertical stripes
Navy blue/white check shirtpost #11338 of 171432/18/13 at 8:45amI would get some oxford shirts (in white and blue) and maybe a chambray shirt, Go for solid colored stuff.
For pants, just get chinos in a versatile color. Like a shade of blue other than electric. Also you don't need that many pairs of jeans. I would get 1 pair of black and 1 pair of grey denim.post #11339 of 171432/18/13 at 8:51ampost #11340 of 171432/18/13 at 9:06am
what color chinos are most versatile and not loud/bright colors?
i already have beige and dark gray chinos, but i dont think they look suitable with the striped and check shirts, when compared to wearing denim jeans with them
- not too keen on the very common tan color chinos
any other trousers besides chinos and jeans a good item to own / wear with these casual shirts?
also besides the dark brown boat shoes, what footwear is suitable?
Edited by adamt - 2/18/13 at 10:29am
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - 24 May 2015 6 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Vass shoe sale! Italian oxford, and 3 pairs of slippers! $450 shipped 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 16 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan