Does the Comme Des Garcons polo shirt fit the same as the RL custom fit?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:51 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 756post #11327 of 177952/16/13 at 6:00pmI bought some Florsheims at a rummage sale and they need to be resoled. They have like a rubber pad in the middle of the sole and the heel is rubber. Has anyone ever seen this? I wasn't sure if I can just take them to get the pads replaced or what. I might just get a whole new sole put on, I don't know yet.
What are advantages/disadvantages to different types of soles? Was gonna go with leather but I Know those wear fast.post #11328 of 177952/16/13 at 10:59pmpost #11329 of 177952/17/13 at 2:39amQuote:Originally Posted by Distorbiant
I want to buy some black boots. Either lace ups or side zips.
Something in the shade of black similar to this picture.
Can anyone help me out?
those boots are the H&MxMMM black sidezips, looks like he's rubbed the finish off though, as they're bit lighter colored when new. You could probably still find a pair cheap if you have an H&M store near you, otherwise theres a few on ebay for not unreasonable prices.
apart from that, I can't think of anything in a similar shade of dark grey. Moma has some 'steel grey' lace ups on yoox, but they just look black to me.
http://www.yoox.com/uk/44477663CO/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=44477663XN&sizeId=post #11330 of 177952/17/13 at 2:09pm
I'm looking for a good / interesting raincoat for spring, preferably something oversized (in the right places), and preferably in navy/blue. I've always quite liked the Ervell raincoats for that season but the shoulder button things have always put me off (and the price). So maybe something similar to that. Or completely different, i don't care - i'm just lost for ideas. I want to start experimenting with a different silhouette this spring and summer. Something with loose proportions but nothing serious - still fun (??). I've always been a bit a standard / boring when the weather has got warmer but i've already got my hands on some slightly cropped linen trousers, some oversized t shirts as well as some 3 eyelet 1461 docs etc. Throw ideas my way if you have them. Thanks.post #11331 of 177952/17/13 at 2:48pmpost #11332 of 177952/17/13 at 6:54pmpost #11333 of 177952/17/13 at 10:12pmpost #11334 of 177952/17/13 at 11:48pmQuote:Quote:
but seriously, I think Cotton On has even cheaper v-necks (I remember paying like 7 bucks for them), same with H&M if you want some dirt cheap v-necks in mute and interesting colors. One of them that I wore a bit more often started pilling a lot sooner than I expected but I guess that's what you get for the price.post #11335 of 177952/18/13 at 2:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Digmenow
I get what you're saying but in the past, I tried to wear a sport coat and dress shirt and was SERIOUSLY overdressed for these events. I'm still trying to dress as well as possible within the framework of what others will be wearing. That's why I came here, to do what they THINK they are doing but to do it right, I hope.
It was just an image I grabbed off the net because my own shirt has that bird logo on the front.
It's my favorite of all the Orioles logos ever.
This is me doing SW&D
Why not just wear this to the company event?
I'm not a fan of the jacket you posted earlier. When I dress down I usually just wear a plain fitted tee with slim straight jeans and sneakers with a sweater or jacket if its colder.post #11336 of 177952/18/13 at 7:14am
Shirt, sweater and short torso
Hello, I have this constant issue with having a very short torso in proportion to my legs (and very high waist). My height is normal, 5'11". Wearing any shirt tucked in looks pretty odd, unless I'm wearing a jacket as well. My normal day wear (workwear, I'm a researcher ;)) is jeans/chinos and a heavier informal/semi formal shirt, usually M&S, untucked. However when I go outside in the cooler parts of the year, or when it's really cold inside I wear a V-neck sweater (heavy or light, according to the temperature) over my shirt. This, of course, poses a problem, as untucked shirt with a sweater over it looks bad and if I tuck my shirt in (e.g. when going for lunch) I cannot untuck it aftwerwards, since it is already wrinkled at the bottom. Any solution to my conundrum?post #11337 of 177952/18/13 at 8:21am
I have a small collection of six casual shirts, which i wear with denim jeans and dark brown boat shoes
only for casual social situations, e.g. the pubs/bars, shops, restaurants, cinema, etc
Suited for a 26 year old man.
So looking at my six casual shirts. what other colors/styles would be a good addition for what i wear them with/for?
- Also, besides denim jeans, what would be a suitable pair of bottoms/trousers to wear with these shirts?
i have 4 shades of blue denim, but was hoping there were other trousers that suit these shirts , also besides creme chinos
Gray flannel shirt
Green/white vertical stripes
Red flannel shirt
Light Blue/white vertical stripes
Navy blue/white check shirtpost #11338 of 177952/18/13 at 8:45amI would get some oxford shirts (in white and blue) and maybe a chambray shirt, Go for solid colored stuff.
For pants, just get chinos in a versatile color. Like a shade of blue other than electric. Also you don't need that many pairs of jeans. I would get 1 pair of black and 1 pair of grey denim.post #11339 of 177952/18/13 at 8:51ampost #11340 of 177952/18/13 at 9:06am
what color chinos are most versatile and not loud/bright colors?
i already have beige and dark gray chinos, but i dont think they look suitable with the striped and check shirts, when compared to wearing denim jeans with them
- not too keen on the very common tan color chinos
any other trousers besides chinos and jeans a good item to own / wear with these casual shirts?
also besides the dark brown boat shoes, what footwear is suitable?
Edited by adamt - 2/18/13 at 10:29am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...