Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 8:38 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 755
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11312 of 171552/15/13 at 10:46ampost #11313 of 171552/15/13 at 11:37amQuote:
Can't go wrong with the 501 STF. Currently marked down, and with Macy's coupons you can probably get them $40. I went 2" longer in length and kept my normal waist and they fit nicely--maybe could used an extra little room in the waist but not 2" more.post #11314 of 171552/15/13 at 4:12pm
I have had trouble looking for jeans my size.
I am 5'10-5'11 (I haven't measured my height in a while) and about ~150 pounds. 31x32.
I have tried skinny jeans but they feel tight around my thighs and hug my calf too much. I went for the Levis 501 and 505 but they are huge below my knees. I tried the Levis 508 taper but felt the jeans snugged around my calf way too much.
It is a hassle looking for the right pair of jeans. If it fits my thighs then it is usually too big below my knees and vice versa. The only pair of jeans that fit me perfectly were the Ezekiel Chopper 305 jeans. It is a slim fit with slight taper that gave me breathing room around my waist and thighs yet weren't too loose below my knees.
Any recommendations on which jeans I should look at? I am looking for a slim fit around my thighs with a slight taper. Nothing too tight but nothing too loose that makes me look big.post #11315 of 171552/15/13 at 4:40pmpost #11316 of 171552/15/13 at 4:42pmpost #11317 of 171552/15/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
They look perfect. I would buy a pair if I wasn't of a student budget.Quote:
I would possibly do this. I mistakenly bought 2 pairs of 505's. Debating whether to return them or just get them tailored.post #11318 of 171552/15/13 at 4:53pmpost #11319 of 171552/15/13 at 7:06pmpost #11320 of 171552/15/13 at 7:33pmpost #11321 of 171552/15/13 at 8:13pmpost #11322 of 171552/16/13 at 3:59amI'm mostly a MC (or is that CM?) guy but I will be attending a very casual "Casino Night" event at a 2 day business seminar in about a month. The dress code, I have been reliably informed, will be jeans and whatever and based on previous events hosted by my company, I expect to see lots of baseball and football jerseys over Wal*Mart denim, etc. so the door is pretty much wide open.
I want to wear this jacket over dark Levis, either 501s or Levis STF, depending on what fits better that week.
Olive drab Cotton/Linen blend John Varvatos (pic not true to color)
Some deets (Click to show)
Is this thing best for a tee ...
(...likely with a sports team logo much like this...) (Click to show)
I'm thinking that these will do for foot wear.
Brown Florsheim longwing vee cleat Imperials (Click to show)
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I'm obviously fairly lost on this.post #11323 of 171552/16/13 at 5:44am
it sounds like you are over thinking it big time compared to what you say others will be wearing at the event. i don't think you can go wrong with either of your ideas. just pick whatever you are more comfortable in. it doesn't sound like you are going to be with other fashionable people so nobody is going to think twice.
what i want to know is where is that Wieters shirt from? I want it! Go birds!post #11324 of 171552/16/13 at 6:15amQuote:I get what you're saying but in the past, I tried to wear a sport coat and dress shirt and was SERIOUSLY overdressed for these events. I'm still trying to dress as well as possible within the framework of what others will be wearing. That's why I came here, to do what they THINK they are doing but to do it right, I hope.Originally Posted by jmaudi0
it sounds like you are over thinking it big time compared to what you say others will be wearing at the event. i don't think you can go wrong with either of your ideas. just pick whatever you are more comfortable in. it doesn't sound like you are going to be with other fashionable people so nobody is going to think twice.Quote:It was just an image I grabbed off the net because my own shirt has that bird logo on the front.
It's my favorite of all the Orioles logos ever.
This is me doing SW&Dpost #11325 of 171552/16/13 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Digmenow
I get what you're saying but in the past, I tried to wear a sport coat and dress shirt and was SERIOUSLY overdressed for these events. I'm still trying to dress as well as possible within the framework of what others will be wearing. That's why I came here, to do what they THINK they are doing but to do it right, I hope.
It was just an image I grabbed off the net because my own shirt has that bird logo on the front.
It's my favorite of all the Orioles logos ever.
This is me doing SW&D
hide (Click to show)
I feel like this is more MC Casual. Unless you feel you are going to alienate people dressed like this, this would be how I would go dressed.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 12 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 26 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan