Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:34 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 755post #11312 of 179992/15/13 at 10:46ampost #11313 of 179992/15/13 at 11:37amQuote:
Can't go wrong with the 501 STF. Currently marked down, and with Macy's coupons you can probably get them $40. I went 2" longer in length and kept my normal waist and they fit nicely--maybe could used an extra little room in the waist but not 2" more.post #11314 of 179992/15/13 at 4:12pm
I have had trouble looking for jeans my size.
I am 5'10-5'11 (I haven't measured my height in a while) and about ~150 pounds. 31x32.
I have tried skinny jeans but they feel tight around my thighs and hug my calf too much. I went for the Levis 501 and 505 but they are huge below my knees. I tried the Levis 508 taper but felt the jeans snugged around my calf way too much.
It is a hassle looking for the right pair of jeans. If it fits my thighs then it is usually too big below my knees and vice versa. The only pair of jeans that fit me perfectly were the Ezekiel Chopper 305 jeans. It is a slim fit with slight taper that gave me breathing room around my waist and thighs yet weren't too loose below my knees.
Any recommendations on which jeans I should look at? I am looking for a slim fit around my thighs with a slight taper. Nothing too tight but nothing too loose that makes me look big.post #11315 of 179992/15/13 at 4:40pmpost #11316 of 179992/15/13 at 4:42pmpost #11317 of 179992/15/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
They look perfect. I would buy a pair if I wasn't of a student budget.Quote:
I would possibly do this. I mistakenly bought 2 pairs of 505's. Debating whether to return them or just get them tailored.post #11318 of 179992/15/13 at 4:53pmpost #11319 of 179992/15/13 at 7:06pmpost #11320 of 179992/15/13 at 7:33pmpost #11321 of 179992/15/13 at 8:13pmpost #11322 of 179992/16/13 at 3:59amI'm mostly a MC (or is that CM?) guy but I will be attending a very casual "Casino Night" event at a 2 day business seminar in about a month. The dress code, I have been reliably informed, will be jeans and whatever and based on previous events hosted by my company, I expect to see lots of baseball and football jerseys over Wal*Mart denim, etc. so the door is pretty much wide open.
I want to wear this jacket over dark Levis, either 501s or Levis STF, depending on what fits better that week.
Olive drab Cotton/Linen blend John Varvatos (pic not true to color)
Some deets (Click to show)
Is this thing best for a tee ...
(...likely with a sports team logo much like this...) (Click to show)
I'm thinking that these will do for foot wear.
Brown Florsheim longwing vee cleat Imperials (Click to show)
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I'm obviously fairly lost on this.post #11323 of 179992/16/13 at 5:44am
it sounds like you are over thinking it big time compared to what you say others will be wearing at the event. i don't think you can go wrong with either of your ideas. just pick whatever you are more comfortable in. it doesn't sound like you are going to be with other fashionable people so nobody is going to think twice.
what i want to know is where is that Wieters shirt from? I want it! Go birds!post #11324 of 179992/16/13 at 6:15amQuote:I get what you're saying but in the past, I tried to wear a sport coat and dress shirt and was SERIOUSLY overdressed for these events. I'm still trying to dress as well as possible within the framework of what others will be wearing. That's why I came here, to do what they THINK they are doing but to do it right, I hope.Originally Posted by jmaudi0
it sounds like you are over thinking it big time compared to what you say others will be wearing at the event. i don't think you can go wrong with either of your ideas. just pick whatever you are more comfortable in. it doesn't sound like you are going to be with other fashionable people so nobody is going to think twice.Quote:It was just an image I grabbed off the net because my own shirt has that bird logo on the front.
It's my favorite of all the Orioles logos ever.
This is me doing SW&Dpost #11325 of 179992/16/13 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Digmenow
I get what you're saying but in the past, I tried to wear a sport coat and dress shirt and was SERIOUSLY overdressed for these events. I'm still trying to dress as well as possible within the framework of what others will be wearing. That's why I came here, to do what they THINK they are doing but to do it right, I hope.
It was just an image I grabbed off the net because my own shirt has that bird logo on the front.
It's my favorite of all the Orioles logos ever.
This is me doing SW&D
hide (Click to show)
I feel like this is more MC Casual. Unless you feel you are going to alienate people dressed like this, this would be how I would go dressed.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 28 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 33 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 41 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 47 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 48 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 48 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 48 minutes ago
- › Washed jeans look like raw denim? 49 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...