I own a pair of these RRL Rigid Low Straight jeans and have been wearing them since this past summer without washing or soaking. I must have worn them over 50 times and I'm at a point where I feel that I should wash them to minimize crotch blow-out and because they're beginning to smell a little funky. I already froze them in a bag a few times to cut back the odor, but I'm ready to either soak them in the tub while wearing them, or wash them inside out in cold water with little detergent and then hang them to dry. I'd like some feedback with suggestions as to the best way to go about this, along with pros and cons. Your helpful feedback is much appreciated!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:23 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 752
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11267 of 170242/8/13 at 6:42pmpost #11268 of 170242/8/13 at 7:01pmpost #11269 of 170242/8/13 at 7:22pmpost #11270 of 170242/8/13 at 8:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Roggie Rog
I own a pair of these
RRL Rigid Low Straight jeans
and have been wearing them since this past summer without washing or soaking. I must have worn them over 50 times and I'm at a point where I feel that I should wash them to minimize crotch blow-out and because they're beginning to smell a little funky. I already froze them in a bag a few times to cut back the odor, but I'm ready to either soak them in the tub while wearing them, or wash them inside out in cold water with little detergent and then hang them to dry. I'd like some feedback with suggestions as to the best way to go about this, along with pros and cons. Your helpful feedback is much appreciated!
If you soak them in a bath tub, make sure to keep something around to weigh the jeans down. I used woolite darks when I did my 3Sixteen jeans.post #11271 of 170242/9/13 at 12:35ampost #11272 of 170242/9/13 at 7:39ampost #11273 of 170242/9/13 at 7:50amQuote:Originally Posted by comicto
Hope you guys can help, I plan on getting the Alden + Context Rough Roy Boot and am unsure on sizing as this will be my first pair of Aldens. I'm a 8.5 when measuring on the Brannock device, but don't know how that correlates to Aldens trubalance sizing.
any info would be great
You're an 8 in Trubalance (size down half size)
In the future, check Alden thread:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-threadpost #11274 of 170242/9/13 at 2:24pmpost #11275 of 170242/9/13 at 4:10pmpost #11276 of 170242/9/13 at 5:04pm
yes, I've tried it (poorly) before, but when they get scuffed the brown shoes through. I did use some shitty kiwi leather dye though, after stripping of the finish with acetone.
A cobbler could probably do a real job of it though so the dye soaks into the leather.post #11277 of 170242/10/13 at 5:53am
What are fair asking prices for some stuff I want to list on B&S? All are in excellent condition, only worn a few times with no signs of wear of fading:
N&F Weird Guy Grey Selvedge, size 32
APC New Standard, size 31
Diesel (fuck you, don't laugh!), I dunno, I forget the model, think they're size 32 (I'm guessing these would do better on E-bay?)
Thanks!post #11278 of 170242/10/13 at 10:08pm
Can anyone recommend me some new OCBD shirts. Been wearing mostly Jcrew. Any other brands out there that fit like that and are decently price?
Anything besides Uniqlo. I wear a M in Jcrew but in uniqlo i have to wear a L everything fits but its super long. no bueno.
Any other brands i should try? Thanks.post #11279 of 170242/10/13 at 11:14pm
Found a pair of plain Black Leather Dior side-zip ankle-boots 50% off...I tried them on with wool socks and they felt a little snug. I'm going back tomorrow with normal socks. Any experience with Dior, and should they be snug when I first get them because of stretching? Thanks for any feedback!post #11280 of 170242/11/13 at 7:23am
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Boy & Girl【+91-9828939517 】Love Vashikaran Specialist Baba ji IN UK... 12 minutes ago
- › SOLD: NAPOLISUMISURA bespoke grey suit -- about size 36/38 -- forza... 12 minutes ago
- › Boy & Girl Relationship【+91-9828939517 】Problem Solution Baba ji IN... 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...