I own a pair of these RRL Rigid Low Straight jeans and have been wearing them since this past summer without washing or soaking. I must have worn them over 50 times and I'm at a point where I feel that I should wash them to minimize crotch blow-out and because they're beginning to smell a little funky. I already froze them in a bag a few times to cut back the odor, but I'm ready to either soak them in the tub while wearing them, or wash them inside out in cold water with little detergent and then hang them to dry. I'd like some feedback with suggestions as to the best way to go about this, along with pros and cons. Your helpful feedback is much appreciated!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 8/22/13 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- College Wardrobe- What to wear? Last post on 8/30/13 at 11:02am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 752
I own a pair of these
RRL Rigid Low Straight jeans
and have been wearing them since this past summer without washing or soaking. I must have worn them over 50 times and I'm at a point where I feel that I should wash them to minimize crotch blow-out and because they're beginning to smell a little funky. I already froze them in a bag a few times to cut back the odor, but I'm ready to either soak them in the tub while wearing them, or wash them inside out in cold water with little detergent and then hang them to dry. I'd like some feedback with suggestions as to the best way to go about this, along with pros and cons. Your helpful feedback is much appreciated!
If you soak them in a bath tub, make sure to keep something around to weigh the jeans down. I used woolite darks when I did my 3Sixteen jeans.
Hope you guys can help, I plan on getting the Alden + Context Rough Roy Boot and am unsure on sizing as this will be my first pair of Aldens. I'm a 8.5 when measuring on the Brannock device, but don't know how that correlates to Aldens trubalance sizing.
any info would be great
You're an 8 in Trubalance (size down half size)
In the future, check Alden thread:
yes, I've tried it (poorly) before, but when they get scuffed the brown shoes through. I did use some shitty kiwi leather dye though, after stripping of the finish with acetone.
A cobbler could probably do a real job of it though so the dye soaks into the leather.
What are fair asking prices for some stuff I want to list on B&S? All are in excellent condition, only worn a few times with no signs of wear of fading:
N&F Weird Guy Grey Selvedge, size 32
APC New Standard, size 31
Diesel (fuck you, don't laugh!), I dunno, I forget the model, think they're size 32 (I'm guessing these would do better on E-bay?)
Can anyone recommend me some new OCBD shirts. Been wearing mostly Jcrew. Any other brands out there that fit like that and are decently price?
Anything besides Uniqlo. I wear a M in Jcrew but in uniqlo i have to wear a L everything fits but its super long. no bueno.
Any other brands i should try? Thanks.
Found a pair of plain Black Leather Dior side-zip ankle-boots 50% off...I tried them on with wool socks and they felt a little snug. I'm going back tomorrow with normal socks. Any experience with Dior, and should they be snug when I first get them because of stretching? Thanks for any feedback!
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 second ago
- › things that are making you happy 29 seconds ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 42 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)