I own a pair of these RRL Rigid Low Straight jeans and have been wearing them since this past summer without washing or soaking. I must have worn them over 50 times and I'm at a point where I feel that I should wash them to minimize crotch blow-out and because they're beginning to smell a little funky. I already froze them in a bag a few times to cut back the odor, but I'm ready to either soak them in the tub while wearing them, or wash them inside out in cold water with little detergent and then hang them to dry. I'd like some feedback with suggestions as to the best way to go about this, along with pros and cons. Your helpful feedback is much appreciated!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Today at 12:57 am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 8/22/13 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 752
Styleforum Top Picks
I own a pair of these
RRL Rigid Low Straight jeans
and have been wearing them since this past summer without washing or soaking. I must have worn them over 50 times and I'm at a point where I feel that I should wash them to minimize crotch blow-out and because they're beginning to smell a little funky. I already froze them in a bag a few times to cut back the odor, but I'm ready to either soak them in the tub while wearing them, or wash them inside out in cold water with little detergent and then hang them to dry. I'd like some feedback with suggestions as to the best way to go about this, along with pros and cons. Your helpful feedback is much appreciated!
If you soak them in a bath tub, make sure to keep something around to weigh the jeans down. I used woolite darks when I did my 3Sixteen jeans.
Hope you guys can help, I plan on getting the Alden + Context Rough Roy Boot and am unsure on sizing as this will be my first pair of Aldens. I'm a 8.5 when measuring on the Brannock device, but don't know how that correlates to Aldens trubalance sizing.
any info would be great
You're an 8 in Trubalance (size down half size)
In the future, check Alden thread:
yes, I've tried it (poorly) before, but when they get scuffed the brown shoes through. I did use some shitty kiwi leather dye though, after stripping of the finish with acetone.
A cobbler could probably do a real job of it though so the dye soaks into the leather.
What are fair asking prices for some stuff I want to list on B&S? All are in excellent condition, only worn a few times with no signs of wear of fading:
N&F Weird Guy Grey Selvedge, size 32
APC New Standard, size 31
Diesel (fuck you, don't laugh!), I dunno, I forget the model, think they're size 32 (I'm guessing these would do better on E-bay?)
Can anyone recommend me some new OCBD shirts. Been wearing mostly Jcrew. Any other brands out there that fit like that and are decently price?
Anything besides Uniqlo. I wear a M in Jcrew but in uniqlo i have to wear a L everything fits but its super long. no bueno.
Any other brands i should try? Thanks.
Found a pair of plain Black Leather Dior side-zip ankle-boots 50% off...I tried them on with wool socks and they felt a little snug. I'm going back tomorrow with normal socks. Any experience with Dior, and should they be snug when I first get them because of stretching? Thanks for any feedback!
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Help cleaning Crockett & Jones Weybridge 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...