Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:55 pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 749post #11221 of 175892/2/13 at 5:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11222 of 175892/2/13 at 6:59ampost #11223 of 175892/2/13 at 7:06amQuote:
Everlane's cashmere beanies are nice and cost $40. If I remember correctly, you only get free shipping for orders over $50 so it might make sense to buy a shirt while you're at it.post #11224 of 175892/2/13 at 11:08ampost #11225 of 175892/2/13 at 3:31pmpost #11226 of 175892/2/13 at 6:59pmSo, what are my options if I don't care about fades on selvedge denim? Like at all? Meh, wanting to fade a jean to show character smacks to me of the same authenticity as buying pre-distressed jeans. I guess it's not as bad, given that you "earned" your distressing, but whatever; I don't want my jeans to tell a story about my life, I just want them to freaking pair with what I'm wearing at the time.
I mean, browsing through denim blogs I'm finding that I like the before photos of Naked & Famous jeans a lot more than the after. If they have to fade, I'd prefer that they do so over a long, long period -- like forever. Right now I'm loving the washes of Levi 513s that I have -- though pretty often I feel like they will rip on me -- so I would like to get the same colorways probably, and washes like a few of N&F's more awesome colorways, in the weight, or even heavier, of my Uniqlo of MiJs. Is this a weird viewpoint, or has something like this ever been discussed?post #11227 of 175892/2/13 at 7:57pmpost #11228 of 175892/3/13 at 9:35ampost #11229 of 175892/3/13 at 1:25pmLooking for slim fitting blazers / sportscoats available in the UK. Looking for two actually, so could anyone recommend a couple of brands for cheaper blazers, then also for a more up-market one?
Uniqlo don't have any on their site at the moment, but not sure if they have any in their London store. What is the quality of those like?post #11230 of 175892/3/13 at 1:25pmpost #11231 of 175892/3/13 at 1:48pm
What's the sizing like of MMM shoes compared to CPs? One up? Also, does anyone know how the sizing of APC Petit Standard cords is similar or different to Petit Standard denim? I would assume that you would size up from your denim size because the corduroy won't stretch as much, but I'd love a definitive answer.post #11232 of 175892/3/13 at 5:10pmpost #11233 of 175892/4/13 at 12:45pm
Any thoughts on these - http://www.sierratradingpost.com/gordon-rush-columbia-boots-for-men~p~5577a/?utm_source=Amazon&utm_medium=PaidShopping&utm_term=Gordon_Rush_Columbia_Boots_For_Men&utm_campaign=PCAMAZON3&codes-processed=true
States full-grain leather upper, Made in Portugal etc. Can't tell whether that's a glued sole or a leather welt myself - maybe someone with more experience could help me?
I know Gordon Rush is not so trusted around here - as a note not chipping in $175 but rather $125post #11234 of 175892/4/13 at 12:50pmQuestion: Spring pant staples for hot weather? What kind of pants? Materials? Fits? Brands? I'm a young academic. To give you an idea of my style, I like Woolrich Woolen Mills, Opening Ceremony, Nudie, Marni, Allessandrini, Alexandre Mattiussi, Michael Bastian, Gant Rugger, LVC, Vince, Quoddy. I'm looking to buy a few pairs of comfortable and stylish pants for work here in the business school. Most of my shirts are button up, many of those button-down.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 36 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › End of Bills Khakis 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pre-owned Sartoria Formosa Gray Houndstooth 2 Piece Suit 48R/ Pants... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...