or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 741

post #11101 of 15239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

Which manufacturers makes MMM's, Rick Owens', Lanvin's and all the others shoes?
They are often marked with "made in Italy", but that could be any manufacturer. 

There's a long discussion on here about that, try searching for it.
post #11102 of 15239

Office attire for my workplace and my position does not require me to wear suits locally.

 

However, I will be going to Japan for a month long (probably more) training stint and I assume I will have to wear a suit there everyday.

 

Presently I only have one set of dark grey suit and my budget is rather limited (after getting several shirts tailored and shoes etc).

 

Can I just get one more suit jacket to last me for the stay there? Or is it best to get a set as it might not match the pants perfectly? What do you guys recommend? I'm an engineer if that is of any significance.

post #11103 of 15239
Is it harmful to leather shoes if I place a dehumidifier near the shoes? What I mean is that would the dehumidifier suck up the liquid etc in the leather / grain that is necessary to ensure the leather remains not dry and 'healthy'? I plan to place a dehumidifier (the one in a small plastic container found in many convenient stores) in my shoe cabinet to address the excessive humidity issue. My limited knowledge - if it is good for wardrobe, it can't be any worse for shoe cabinet...views appreciated.
post #11104 of 15239
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenx View Post

What color pants to go with this pair of Bally Frildor oxfords? Will be very helpful if you an attach a swatch of the color you have in mind.


CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenx View Post

Thanks. What color shoes would go wear with this color pants that I've got? I really like the fit and color but can't seem to be able to match it with any shoes I have (for now).




those are (I hope) summer trousers, so white canvas shoes would work. you could probably make the brown shoes you posted work (thinking more rolled up cuffs, sockless mid-july than flexing at the office though), but you'd need to have some balls.


Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post

Other than the corner describing them as strait and tbs as slim (corner states 19cm leg opening and imo tbs appear narrower) but they pretty much look the same, maybe the tbs model sized down (he does have a killer wedgie).

Quote:
Originally Posted by clock View Post

Is it harmful to leather shoes if I place a dehumidifier near the shoes? What I mean is that would the dehumidifier suck up the liquid etc in the leather / grain that is necessary to ensure the leather remains not dry and 'healthy'? I plan to place a dehumidifier (the one in a small plastic container found in many convenient stores) in my shoe cabinet to address the excessive humidity issue. My limited knowledge - if it is good for wardrobe, it can't be any worse for shoe cabinet...views appreciated.

that's what shoe trees are for. unless you live in a bamboo hut in the amazon during the rainy season, they should be sufficient.
post #11105 of 15239
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenx View Post

Thanks. What color shoes would go wear with this color pants that I've got? I really like the fit and color but can't seem to be able to match it with any shoes I have (for now).




Without seeing the pants, it's hard to say. It's a more casual color, regardless of cut, so I'd go w/ lighter browns, ideally in suede. Loafers maybe or something like a desert boot would seem like a good bet, IMO.

EDIT: also: Clean white sneakers.
post #11106 of 15239

I have about 4 Hart Schaffner Marx suits that I need to have tailored.  Since these are a classic cut suit, can a tailor slim the suits down enough without making them look ridiculous?  I would really like the pants tapered and maybe the sleeves as well.  These are fairly nice suits and I don't want them to just hang in my closet because of how big the legs are.

post #11107 of 15239
I have this pair of butteros that fit me well width-wise but are almost a full inch too long and look kinda clownish. Can a cobbler lop off that inch reasonably? Or should I just sell?

post #11108 of 15239
Been looking everywhere for this with no perfect fit: I'm trying to find a grey suede derby shoes with a standard, brown leather sole. Like bucks but with the kind of brown sole you'd see on a typical brown dress shoe rather than red brick or some other plastic looking thing.

The Grenson Finlay is a near fit but it has this odd contrasting trim between the sole and the upper.

Any ideas?
post #11109 of 15239
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post


Without seeing the pants, it's hard to say. It's a more casual color, regardless of cut, so I'd go w/ lighter browns, ideally in suede. Loafers maybe or something like a desert boot would seem like a good bet, IMO.

EDIT: also: Clean white sneakers.

 

Thanks for the suggestions.

 

Here is a photo of me in the said "summer" pants with the brown shoes. I realised that they really do go well together... I can imagine a light brown pair of suede loafers with them now that you guys suggested them.

 

 

1000

post #11110 of 15239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riio View Post

I have this pair of butteros that fit me well width-wise but are almost a full inch too long and look kinda clownish. Can a cobbler lop off that inch reasonably? Or should I just sell?

Sell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post

Been looking everywhere for this with no perfect fit: I'm trying to find a grey suede derby shoes with a standard, brown leather sole. Like bucks but with the kind of brown sole you'd see on a typical brown dress shoe rather than red brick or some other plastic looking thing.

The Grenson Finlay is a near fit but it has this odd contrasting trim between the sole and the upper.

Any ideas?

Try PS or JV.
post #11111 of 15239
How does Roda size in termsof their shirts? Relatively roomy, slim, very tight? Slim where?
post #11112 of 15239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riio View Post

I have this pair of butteros that fit me well width-wise but are almost a full inch too long and look kinda clownish. Can a cobbler lop off that inch reasonably? Or should I just sell?

Sell. What you ask is not possible.
post #11113 of 15239
Anyone know where I can get the nicest Chelsea boot or jodhpurs for about £150-£200?
post #11114 of 15239
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsmith4 View Post

I have about 4 Hart Schaffner Marx suits that I need to have tailored.  Since these are a classic cut suit, can a tailor slim the suits down enough without making them look ridiculous?  I would really like the pants tapered and maybe the sleeves as well.  These are fairly nice suits and I don't want them to just hang in my closet because of how big the legs are.

A suit can only be altered so much before it looks weird. I learned this the hard way. That said, trousers can easily be tapered down to nothing - but be careful to keep it proportionate to the rest of the suit.
post #11115 of 15239
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenx View Post

Office attire for my workplace and my position does not require me to wear suits locally.

 

However, I will be going to Japan for a month long (probably more) training stint and I assume I will have to wear a suit there everyday.

 

Presently I only have one set of dark grey suit and my budget is rather limited (after getting several shirts tailored and shoes etc).

 

Can I just get one more suit jacket to last me for the stay there? Or is it best to get a set as it might not match the pants perfectly? What do you guys recommend? I'm an engineer if that is of any significance.

Easy answer is to wait until you get to Japan and buy one there. I can assure that if you are anything approaching slim they have an outrageous selection and stupid good prices (having lived there for several years I will gladly expound upon this in a PM or whatever if you need tips). If you more generously proportioned than slim to average, pick up an odd jacket before you leave. Purposely do not attempt to match the colors, go for something like tweed. It goes with everything from khakis to jeans ect. Light grey, tan but better yet, get a blue blazer and rock it until it falls apart.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here