I too have a short torso, short legs at least, and untucked shirts end at the bottom of my crotch generally. So I'm going to be shortening them. However when I do tuck them they're fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 4/17/15 at 7:43pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 739post #11071 of 170811/15/13 at 6:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11072 of 170811/15/13 at 6:38pmpost #11073 of 170811/15/13 at 6:42pmpost #11074 of 170811/15/13 at 6:43pmQuote:
I would have to agree with this logic. A short torso shouldn't cause tucking in a shirt to look wrong at all. How would it do so?post #11075 of 170811/15/13 at 6:58pmIf you tuck everyone can see your short torso because we can see were it starts and ends (would need a really low pant rise to compensate this but not impossible),,, when untucked you cant see where the torso ends, make sense?
btw- torso does not include legs.
Edited by canstyleace - 1/15/13 at 7:13pmpost #11076 of 170811/15/13 at 7:06pmpost #11077 of 170811/15/13 at 7:29pmQuote:
true true. guess i didn't think about that muchpost #11078 of 170811/15/13 at 8:04pmpost #11079 of 170811/15/13 at 8:18pmpost #11080 of 170811/15/13 at 10:30pmpost #11081 of 170811/15/13 at 10:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by gorm
I invested in my first pair of proper grown up boots about 4/5 months ago and just wanted to check when should they be resoled. They seem to have 3 or 4 different layers of sole and i wasn't sure which layer would be the point of no return so to speak. is it the layer i'm currently working through or can i keep wearing them once I'm walking on the darker layer? sorry for the bad photo, best I could do
That worn layer is just the rubber heel top and that alone can be replaced easily and cheaply at any point, for your boots I'd say get them done asap as you don't want to get wear on the next layer in the heel block which should be made of leather as that would be more expensive to replace.Quote:Originally Posted by Balio
My first post and recent change of style choices for the new year. I recently changed from print shirts with solid shoes and ties to solid chalky colors and shoes like these.I would like the opinions of others outside my Appalachian paradise on wearing these as an accent anywhere else.
In my line of work I teeter the lines of informal business, I must make a bold statement and absolutely cannot look stuffy and aged. I breath new air into old businesses and must take on the appearance of "change" or "this is now."
Sometimes I feel they are over the top but I love the fading dual tone and compliments I get keep them on my feet.
Question is Can I get away with these outside of my home base?
If I read that correctly you're saying that you wear those shoes with a tie? good lord, I'm speechless.Quote:
Those are cool, check out the several sneaker threads here for pics of others you might like (common projects, lanvin, mmm gat's, etc.)
Edited by canstyleace - 1/15/13 at 10:45pmpost #11082 of 170811/16/13 at 6:55ampost #11083 of 170811/16/13 at 8:44ampost #11084 of 170811/16/13 at 8:13pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1488 Active Users (341 Members and 1147 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 31 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › "Giving Reputation" - my mistake - please ignore. Have reposted in... 13 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 14 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan