I too have a short torso, short legs at least, and untucked shirts end at the bottom of my crotch generally. So I'm going to be shortening them. However when I do tuck them they're fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:44 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 739post #11071 of 173691/15/13 at 6:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11072 of 173691/15/13 at 6:38pmpost #11073 of 173691/15/13 at 6:42pmpost #11074 of 173691/15/13 at 6:43pmQuote:
I would have to agree with this logic. A short torso shouldn't cause tucking in a shirt to look wrong at all. How would it do so?post #11075 of 173691/15/13 at 6:58pmIf you tuck everyone can see your short torso because we can see were it starts and ends (would need a really low pant rise to compensate this but not impossible),,, when untucked you cant see where the torso ends, make sense?
btw- torso does not include legs.
Edited by canstyleace - 1/15/13 at 7:13pmpost #11076 of 173691/15/13 at 7:06pmpost #11077 of 173691/15/13 at 7:29pmQuote:
true true. guess i didn't think about that muchpost #11078 of 173691/15/13 at 8:04pmpost #11079 of 173691/15/13 at 8:18pmpost #11080 of 173691/15/13 at 10:30pmpost #11081 of 173691/15/13 at 10:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by gorm
I invested in my first pair of proper grown up boots about 4/5 months ago and just wanted to check when should they be resoled. They seem to have 3 or 4 different layers of sole and i wasn't sure which layer would be the point of no return so to speak. is it the layer i'm currently working through or can i keep wearing them once I'm walking on the darker layer? sorry for the bad photo, best I could do
That worn layer is just the rubber heel top and that alone can be replaced easily and cheaply at any point, for your boots I'd say get them done asap as you don't want to get wear on the next layer in the heel block which should be made of leather as that would be more expensive to replace.Quote:Originally Posted by Balio
My first post and recent change of style choices for the new year. I recently changed from print shirts with solid shoes and ties to solid chalky colors and shoes like these.I would like the opinions of others outside my Appalachian paradise on wearing these as an accent anywhere else.
In my line of work I teeter the lines of informal business, I must make a bold statement and absolutely cannot look stuffy and aged. I breath new air into old businesses and must take on the appearance of "change" or "this is now."
Sometimes I feel they are over the top but I love the fading dual tone and compliments I get keep them on my feet.
Question is Can I get away with these outside of my home base?
If I read that correctly you're saying that you wear those shoes with a tie? good lord, I'm speechless.Quote:
Those are cool, check out the several sneaker threads here for pics of others you might like (common projects, lanvin, mmm gat's, etc.)
Edited by canstyleace - 1/15/13 at 10:45pmpost #11082 of 173691/16/13 at 6:55ampost #11083 of 173691/16/13 at 8:44ampost #11084 of 173691/16/13 at 8:13pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1730 Active Users (403 Members and 1327 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 seconds ago
- › ***FS: Canali Kei Sport Coat 40R *** 57 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 3 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...