Looking for two pairs of decent/good quality staple jeans to replace my Lev's 511's. Suggestions?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:15 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 738
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11057 of 171471/13/13 at 2:37pm
I really want these A.P.C. derby shoes in size 43 or 44, they were on the A.P.C. website a couple of days ago. Any hope of finding them anywhere?
Also found them here but not in my size: http://www.lagarconne.com/store/item.htm?itemid=15821&sid=1416&pid=1414#
Edited by gotribe - 1/13/13 at 4:18pmpost #11058 of 171471/13/13 at 8:19pmpost #11059 of 171471/13/13 at 8:37pmQuote:
not sure there's 'go-to' anything around the $10 price point. try american apparel on heavy discount or goodwill with your favorite lucky charm.
also, you should break up your cardboard box and go get a job.post #11060 of 171471/13/13 at 10:22pmpost #11061 of 171471/13/13 at 10:28pmpost #11062 of 171471/14/13 at 2:59am
I invested in my first pair of proper grown up boots about 4/5 months ago and just wanted to check when should they be resoled. They seem to have 3 or 4 different layers of sole and i wasn't sure which layer would be the point of no return so to speak. is it the layer i'm currently working through or can i keep wearing them once I'm walking on the darker layer? sorry for the bad photo, best I could dopost #11063 of 171471/14/13 at 7:54ampost #11064 of 171471/14/13 at 7:54ampost #11065 of 171471/14/13 at 8:10amQuote:
Not sure they make a size small enough for me, their size 28 (smallest) says it's waist is actually 29 inches...post #11066 of 171471/14/13 at 8:39ampost #11067 of 171471/15/13 at 2:08am
@ Gorm That second layer is a framing. If you plan to resole those you'll not want to hit that layer unless you really want to pay an arm and a leg as well as sound like a women who can't walk in heels while you clop around like a horse. Considering it is your first pair of grown up boots as you said, asking your local cobbler to form and stick a rubber sole is a bit different then asking for a new heel frame AND sole.
@ BlackSamurai30 You have to try on some different brands. Sporting some skinny jeans is all about accenting without looking like you are smuggling plums or have a constant wedge. I swear by a pair of bullheads for denims because of my build. (I have the build of a boxer.)
My first post and recent change of style choices for the new year. I recently changed from print shirts with solid shoes and ties to solid chalky colors and shoes like these.I would like the opinions of others outside my Appalachian paradise on wearing these as an accent anywhere else.
In my line of work I teeter the lines of informal business, I must make a bold statement and absolutely cannot look stuffy and aged. I breath new air into old businesses and must take on the appearance of "change" or "this is now."
Sometimes I feel they are over the top but I love the fading dual tone and compliments I get keep them on my feet.
Question is Can I get away with these outside of my home base?post #11068 of 171471/15/13 at 9:21ampost #11069 of 171471/15/13 at 1:31pm
Tailoring Suit Pants Q.
I bought a suit about 12 months ago from J.Crew. The pants i got were waist 33 regular fit.
I've lost a lot of weight since then and now i wear waist 32 slim fit.
So the 33 regular fit is very loose at the waist and baggy around the thighs.
How feasible/costly is it to ask my tailor to convert the 33 regular fit into 32 slim fit?
Cheers!post #11070 of 171471/15/13 at 6:32pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** 18 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 19 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan