Looking for two pairs of decent/good quality staple jeans to replace my Lev's 511's. Suggestions?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Today at 8:47 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 738
Styleforum Top Picks
I really want these A.P.C. derby shoes in size 43 or 44, they were on the A.P.C. website a couple of days ago. Any hope of finding them anywhere?
Also found them here but not in my size: http://www.lagarconne.com/store/item.htm?itemid=15821&sid=1416&pid=1414#
Edited by gotribe - 1/13/13 at 4:18pm
not sure there's 'go-to' anything around the $10 price point. try american apparel on heavy discount or goodwill with your favorite lucky charm.
also, you should break up your cardboard box and go get a job.
I invested in my first pair of proper grown up boots about 4/5 months ago and just wanted to check when should they be resoled. They seem to have 3 or 4 different layers of sole and i wasn't sure which layer would be the point of no return so to speak. is it the layer i'm currently working through or can i keep wearing them once I'm walking on the darker layer? sorry for the bad photo, best I could do
Not sure they make a size small enough for me, their size 28 (smallest) says it's waist is actually 29 inches...
@ Gorm That second layer is a framing. If you plan to resole those you'll not want to hit that layer unless you really want to pay an arm and a leg as well as sound like a women who can't walk in heels while you clop around like a horse. Considering it is your first pair of grown up boots as you said, asking your local cobbler to form and stick a rubber sole is a bit different then asking for a new heel frame AND sole.
@ BlackSamurai30 You have to try on some different brands. Sporting some skinny jeans is all about accenting without looking like you are smuggling plums or have a constant wedge. I swear by a pair of bullheads for denims because of my build. (I have the build of a boxer.)
My first post and recent change of style choices for the new year. I recently changed from print shirts with solid shoes and ties to solid chalky colors and shoes like these.I would like the opinions of others outside my Appalachian paradise on wearing these as an accent anywhere else.
In my line of work I teeter the lines of informal business, I must make a bold statement and absolutely cannot look stuffy and aged. I breath new air into old businesses and must take on the appearance of "change" or "this is now."
Sometimes I feel they are over the top but I love the fading dual tone and compliments I get keep them on my feet.
Question is Can I get away with these outside of my home base?
Tailoring Suit Pants Q.
I bought a suit about 12 months ago from J.Crew. The pants i got were waist 33 regular fit.
I've lost a lot of weight since then and now i wear waist 32 slim fit.
So the 33 regular fit is very loose at the waist and baggy around the thighs.
How feasible/costly is it to ask my tailor to convert the 33 regular fit into 32 slim fit?
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Eat. Bespoke. Love (my Italian trip report) 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › What are you looking to buy with a declining Euro 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE Jan 30, 2015: A study in stripes, part deux 13 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays