Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 8/22/13 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- College Wardrobe- What to wear? Last post on 8/30/13 at 11:02am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 737
Styleforum Top Picks
Im pretty new to dressing well, and while I am solidifying my basics (new years resolution was to seriously dress better), Im trying to develop my own style and see what my own personal tastes are. Im really digging dot shirts, like the UNIS Felix white w blue dots. Does anyone know any other decent dot shirt brands that I can get into? Thanks for the help!
i'm kind of in the same boat as you. what i do is go to shopstyle.com, type in what i want (in your case: dot shirts) and examples with stockists come up. hope that helps.
Does anyone have any experience with the sizing of Band of Outsiders outerwear jackets in comparison to their shirts? I normally wear a large BoO button down, but the measurements from a size 2 (medium) sport coat, match a bunch of jackets I recently had made. So does the outerwear/sports coat/blazer fit more true to size?
I have a couple of BoO sportcoats, and I am reliably a size 2. I normally take a 1 in their shirts.
I'm from a pretty small town with no real shopping to speak of, best store being a Kohl's, haha. Needless to say I make 99.5% of my purchases online. I'm going to be in Herndon/Northern VA next week for work, anyone have any recommendations for can't miss shops/dining? Thanks!
Tyson's corner has the most offerings (food and shopping-wise). There's an outlet in Leesburg but that's further away.
Hi there, i'm looking at picking up a pair of Men's Katahdin Iron Works Engineer Boots from LL Bean.
My (Brannock measured) shoe size is a 9.5 E+(Meaning a little larger than an E). Unfortunately they only offer widths EE and D in the bean boots I want.
If I go 9.5EE will the extra width be a big issue? If it will be, what size should I go for, or are there another pair of recommended boots that would look similar but have a better fit for me? (I live in Canada, so something I could check out in a store would be best)
Hey guys, I'm looking for shoe recommendations to pair with slim-straight jeans, v-neck plain white tee and leather jacket. I'm currently overhauling my shoe selection and own a nice pair of brown boots. However I don't want to wear the boots everyday because I don't want to wear them out too quickly. Prefer brick and mortar store, but will order online if necessary. Looking to spend less than $200. I'm 18, trying to go for a slightly more mature look.
MOMAs run a size large. Size down 1. I still have room in the toe box after doing this but MOMA goes for the elongated toe look it appears.
I'm not sure. I couldn't size down from a medium to small as I'm 6'1" and a small would be too short. If it helps I can barely fit into a medium Gitman Vintage anymore and the Steven Alan size medium reverse seam shirts are definitely relaxed fit on me.
Question: How do people carry stuff around in a casual way when they have complex layers in their outfits? The style of bag I most carry, formerly ugly laptop bags but as I evolved better looking, leather messengers disrupt the V of the layer if I put it the way I'm most used to, across the shoulder, and trying to carry my messenger on one shoulder feels self-conscious and ridiculous. From pictures I think women solve this problem with purses and designer bags and dapper dudes in New York seem to solve it with briefcases and high-end duffles. Those also seem slightly ridiculous in a dressed down collegiate atmosphere to this grad student, where I barely get away with the stuff I wear in the first place. I've seen people with more slouchy streetwear looks wear backpacks and make it work, but my style is more tailored fit/hipster tailored fit than that. What should I be looking for so I can actually carry the crap I need around and still explore higher levels of style?
When using the messenger across the body, does it rest on your hip?
Theres several bags that have both a briefcase handle and adjustable across the body strap meaning more flexibility as how to carry it, also some smaller more briefcase looking bags work laying on your lower back, kinda cross between horizontal backpack and briefcase, i.e billykirk schoolboy satchel, also check out filson canvas 256 and similars,,, saddleback makes some nice yet rugged backpacks and briefcases too.
Then theres some odder totes that also work depending on your particular style and wardrobe, stuff live helmet bags, oversized camp or tent bags, military carry bags... check out the wayw threads, lots of pics there.....
Edited by canstyleace - 1/13/13 at 8:38am
Both are torn to hell in the rear pockets and starting to rip in the crotch, figured I'd replace them instead of paying for repairs again.
I really LOVE the fit of my 19cm (especially the 37" inseam and slimness without being skinny), and the APC NC are alright, but slightly looser than I'd like in the thigh and not that long (I think 32-32" inseam on my size 25 (I'm an actual 28" waist)).
I'd definitely like raw, not sure if I want to go black or indigo this time though. (My 19cm are black, never really faded. My NC are indigo, faded decently.) Preferably under $300 though, ruling out another pair of 19cm.
Edited by Kodiak - 1/13/13 at 12:41pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 37 seconds ago
- › FOR SALE: BRAND NEW 36R EPAULET FACTORY FINDS HERRINGBONE HOPSACK... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 11 minutes ago
- › Houndstooth suit 11 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 12/6/13 -- TEH HOLIDAY SPIRIT 11 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE 12.14.13 --- Blue and Green 13 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 15 minutes ago
- › PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw