Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:13 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 737post #11042 of 177741/12/13 at 4:59amQuote:Originally Posted by blacksamurai30
Im pretty new to dressing well, and while I am solidifying my basics (new years resolution was to seriously dress better), Im trying to develop my own style and see what my own personal tastes are. Im really digging dot shirts, like the UNIS Felix white w blue dots. Does anyone know any other decent dot shirt brands that I can get into? Thanks for the help!
i'm kind of in the same boat as you. what i do is go to shopstyle.com, type in what i want (in your case: dot shirts) and examples with stockists come up. hope that helps.post #11043 of 177741/12/13 at 6:35ampost #11044 of 177741/12/13 at 7:36amQuote:Originally Posted by surfingmonkey815
Does anyone have any experience with the sizing of Band of Outsiders outerwear jackets in comparison to their shirts? I normally wear a large BoO button down, but the measurements from a size 2 (medium) sport coat, match a bunch of jackets I recently had made. So does the outerwear/sports coat/blazer fit more true to size?
I have a couple of BoO sportcoats, and I am reliably a size 2. I normally take a 1 in their shirts.post #11045 of 177741/12/13 at 7:52ampost #11046 of 177741/12/13 at 8:39amQuote:Originally Posted by Dirty Gurty
I'm from a pretty small town with no real shopping to speak of, best store being a Kohl's, haha. Needless to say I make 99.5% of my purchases online. I'm going to be in Herndon/Northern VA next week for work, anyone have any recommendations for can't miss shops/dining? Thanks!
Tyson's corner has the most offerings (food and shopping-wise). There's an outlet in Leesburg but that's further away.post #11047 of 177741/12/13 at 10:28ampost #11048 of 177741/12/13 at 11:51am
Hi there, i'm looking at picking up a pair of Men's Katahdin Iron Works Engineer Boots from LL Bean.
My (Brannock measured) shoe size is a 9.5 E+(Meaning a little larger than an E). Unfortunately they only offer widths EE and D in the bean boots I want.
If I go 9.5EE will the extra width be a big issue? If it will be, what size should I go for, or are there another pair of recommended boots that would look similar but have a better fit for me? (I live in Canada, so something I could check out in a store would be best)
- Matpost #11049 of 177741/12/13 at 1:29pm
Hey guys, I'm looking for shoe recommendations to pair with slim-straight jeans, v-neck plain white tee and leather jacket. I'm currently overhauling my shoe selection and own a nice pair of brown boots. However I don't want to wear the boots everyday because I don't want to wear them out too quickly. Prefer brick and mortar store, but will order online if necessary. Looking to spend less than $200. I'm 18, trying to go for a slightly more mature look.post #11050 of 177741/12/13 at 2:58pmpost #11051 of 177741/12/13 at 4:13pm
MOMAs run a size large. Size down 1. I still have room in the toe box after doing this but MOMA goes for the elongated toe look it appears.
I'm not sure. I couldn't size down from a medium to small as I'm 6'1" and a small would be too short. If it helps I can barely fit into a medium Gitman Vintage anymore and the Steven Alan size medium reverse seam shirts are definitely relaxed fit on me.post #11052 of 177741/12/13 at 5:30pm
Question: How do people carry stuff around in a casual way when they have complex layers in their outfits? The style of bag I most carry, formerly ugly laptop bags but as I evolved better looking, leather messengers disrupt the V of the layer if I put it the way I'm most used to, across the shoulder, and trying to carry my messenger on one shoulder feels self-conscious and ridiculous. From pictures I think women solve this problem with purses and designer bags and dapper dudes in New York seem to solve it with briefcases and high-end duffles. Those also seem slightly ridiculous in a dressed down collegiate atmosphere to this grad student, where I barely get away with the stuff I wear in the first place. I've seen people with more slouchy streetwear looks wear backpacks and make it work, but my style is more tailored fit/hipster tailored fit than that. What should I be looking for so I can actually carry the crap I need around and still explore higher levels of style?post #11053 of 177741/13/13 at 8:24amHow much stuff inside the bag are we talking about?
When using the messenger across the body, does it rest on your hip?
Theres several bags that have both a briefcase handle and adjustable across the body strap meaning more flexibility as how to carry it, also some smaller more briefcase looking bags work laying on your lower back, kinda cross between horizontal backpack and briefcase, i.e billykirk schoolboy satchel, also check out filson canvas 256 and similars,,, saddleback makes some nice yet rugged backpacks and briefcases too.
Then theres some odder totes that also work depending on your particular style and wardrobe, stuff live helmet bags, oversized camp or tent bags, military carry bags... check out the wayw threads, lots of pics there.....
Edited by canstyleace - 1/13/13 at 8:38ampost #11054 of 177741/13/13 at 11:50ampost #11055 of 177741/13/13 at 12:12pmWhat jeans should I be looking at to replace my 19cm and APC NC?
Both are torn to hell in the rear pockets and starting to rip in the crotch, figured I'd replace them instead of paying for repairs again.
I really LOVE the fit of my 19cm (especially the 37" inseam and slimness without being skinny), and the APC NC are alright, but slightly looser than I'd like in the thigh and not that long (I think 32-32" inseam on my size 25 (I'm an actual 28" waist)).
I'd definitely like raw, not sure if I want to go black or indigo this time though. (My 19cm are black, never really faded. My NC are indigo, faded decently.) Preferably under $300 though, ruling out another pair of 19cm.
Edited by Kodiak - 1/13/13 at 12:41pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 42 seconds ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Indochino suits? 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): SPRING-SUMMER EDITION 3 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding