I'm going to China (Pear River Delta area) for the first time for work. Don't know how much free time I'll have, but is there anything I should look out for? From a menswear perspective or just in general.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:16 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 735post #11011 of 175941/10/13 at 8:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11012 of 175941/10/13 at 9:14ampost #11013 of 175941/10/13 at 9:21ampost #11014 of 175941/10/13 at 10:00ampost #11015 of 175941/10/13 at 2:26pm
Is Obenauf's LP or some other product like that recommended for white to off-white leather sneakers? I recently got some CP Achilles knockoffs by Marc Jacobs (in person, they are actually more attractive than the Achilles) and want to protect them. However, many people say Obenauf's and other leather protectors darken the leather, which might completely ruin the visual emphasis a white sneaker is supposed to provide. What can apply to my sneakers to protect them?post #11016 of 175941/10/13 at 2:56pmObenauf LP is a brownish paste (beeswax I think) so I wouldn't use it on white shoes. It darkened my Katahdins noticably. I've never used it buy maybe you can check into Snoseal spray or something. People use it on suede for waterproofing so I don't think it would do anything to the color but you should ask around first.
You're wearing sneakers though so I wouldn't worry too much about it. White sneakers look better beat up.post #11017 of 175941/10/13 at 3:30pmpost #11018 of 175941/10/13 at 4:12pmDoes anyone have any experience with the sizing of Band of Outsiders outerwear jackets in comparison to their shirts? I normally wear a large BoO button down, but the measurements from a size 2 (medium) sport coat, match a bunch of jackets I recently had made. So does the outerwear/sports coat/blazer fit more true to size?post #11019 of 175941/10/13 at 4:56pmpost #11020 of 175941/10/13 at 5:21pmDebating on one of these three belts to wear with jeans:
Opinions or something else?post #11021 of 175941/10/13 at 5:41pmpost #11022 of 175941/10/13 at 6:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr Sola
Debating on one of these three belts to wear with jeans:
Opinions or something else?
Not familiar with the latter two, but I do like my Tanner Goods belt. The other two are made from good leather though.post #11023 of 175941/10/13 at 7:21pmpost #11024 of 175941/10/13 at 7:40pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 18 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 21 minutes ago
- › NWT Ermenegildo Zegna Mila Fit Solid Charcoal Grey Multi Season... 33 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 minutes ago
- › What to do with this orphaned black tuxedo jacket? Photos included 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?