I want something that is going to be durable and well-constructed as well! I am going to check out Topmans though! Thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:21 am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 729
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10922 of 1758912/31/12 at 9:57pm
Any reliable companies that sell jackets similar to
This company angeljackets seems a bit shady.
-Johnpost #10923 of 1758912/31/12 at 10:24pmpost #10924 of 1758912/31/12 at 10:25pm
This peacoat was on Hautelook yesterday and ended today. I didn't noticed until I came home and saw a sign on the website saying it ended =[
Does anyone know where to get this peacoat or one that is verrryyyyy similar to it? I usually don't like peacoats but this one hit the spot, unfortunately it got away.post #10925 of 175891/1/13 at 4:20amQuote:
i'm a big fan of the uniqlo dry packaged shirts. dont shrink, fit me well. they run about a half size to a full size large though.
uniqlo's premium cotton shirts are made of really nice cotton but they dont fit me as well (sizing is normal on these ones) even on a size up from the dry packaged. also they dont sell them on the UK site anymore. i think the US may still have them. worth looking into.post #10926 of 175891/1/13 at 2:01pmQuote:
I think your best bet would be American Apparel or H&M. I like H&M V-necks. The 'V' isn't too deep and they cost like $5 and have pretty much every color available. The fit is awesome as well.
For crew neck t-shirts I go with American Apparel. As tall and slim, they fit me perfect. Although a bit more pricey, I still wear AA shirts that I bought four years ago.post #10927 of 175891/1/13 at 2:53pm
The golden bear varsities don't fit very well imo, too boxy..
AA "loose summer crew" is awesome for the price, if you're willing to pay more acne makes great teespost #10928 of 175891/1/13 at 3:14pmpost #10929 of 175891/1/13 at 7:39pm
Altering a sweater that's too long, can it be done? For what it's worth it's a cheap acrylic blend, I just like the pattern on it and it fits nicely it's just like 2 or 3 inches too long lol. Only reason I ask is because I normally don't hear of people altering sweaters. Also, if shortened there would be no more ribbing on the bottom and that would probably look funny? Body could use a small taper too if possiblepost #10930 of 175891/1/13 at 8:31pm
I can't go with H&M because I don't have a store within a hundred miles of me. I wish I did because those are some cheap shirts!! I think I am going to just order one from Everlane, American Apparel, Alternative Apparel, and Uniqlo and just see what I like the most. Unfortunately Uniqlo only has dry packaged v necks in my size available right now
Thanks for the input fellas!post #10931 of 175891/2/13 at 6:50amAnybody have a recommendation for some good quality washed denim. Would prefer a slightly relaxed cut, dark in color but needs to be softer than raw denim, and preferably selvage. My dad was lamenting the lack of nice dark denim in his wardrobe and I'd like to get him some for his birthday...but he's in his mid-50's and isn't going to be into the stiffness of raw denim, nor the more modern slim cuts.post #10932 of 175891/2/13 at 11:29ampost #10933 of 175891/2/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
RL, anything above Chaps/Lauren is fine. That is probably it.
And yes, you can wear brown and grey like that, depending.post #10934 of 175891/2/13 at 2:20pmpost #10935 of 175891/2/13 at 2:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by slide13
Anybody have a recommendation for some good quality washed denim. Would prefer a slightly relaxed cut, dark in color but needs to be softer than raw denim, and preferably selvage. My dad was lamenting the lack of nice dark denim in his wardrobe and I'd like to get him some for his birthday...but he's in his mid-50's and isn't going to be into the stiffness of raw denim, nor the more modern slim cuts.
What is your price range? I would probably go for RRL in the straight fit. You can find it on ebay in the $100 to $150 range.Quote:
RL black label is good quality and $100 is a pretty good price as I believe retail starts at around 300 . Only get it if you like the shirt and the fit though. Don't buy it just because it is a good brand because you probably wouldn't wear it much.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › things that are making you happy 19 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 38 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...