If you have an uncommon size, then you should take advantage of MTM? Otherwise you're never going to find anything until you put on something like 30 pounds.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:06 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 709post #10621 of 1730411/20/12 at 1:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10622 of 1730411/20/12 at 2:23pmQuote:
Well, while many brands don't have my size at all, some brands have my size as XS or Slim-fit Small. It's just those ones are rarely for sale as used.
I'd love to get a MTM TOJ, but as a recent grad, paying student loans, and living in NYC, I don't really have the funds at the moment.
Anyway, I guess the consensus is that there are no decent leather jacket brands cheaper than TOJ, which is the same conclusion I had come to while browsing and googling for hours on end, so I'll either have to save or luck out on B&S.post #10623 of 1730411/20/12 at 2:40pmpost #10624 of 1730411/20/12 at 2:41pmpost #10625 of 1730411/20/12 at 5:04pmpost #10626 of 1730411/21/12 at 6:06ampost #10627 of 1730411/21/12 at 10:24ampost #10628 of 1730411/21/12 at 12:41pmQuote:
There's nothing wrong with the monochromatic look when done right. I think it would look better with a pair of faded blue jeans (a different shade of blue from the peacoat) though instead of dark.Quote:
You can check out the official DIY thread. People have dyed things in there. I don't remember what they used but RIT dye might work.post #10629 of 1730411/21/12 at 1:51pmQuote:
More like $785 as I want it in Brown. $285 is pretty significant. It's more than 50% extra.post #10630 of 1730411/21/12 at 2:06pm
I am looking for casual footwear to wear with jeans, courduroys, and possibly chinos. I generally frequent the MC section of the forum, so I have a variety of wingtips and so forth, but I am looking for something "younger" and sleeker. As a point of reference, I already have Allen Edmonds Player's Shoe in walnut, McTavish in black, and Elgin in brown. These all have a lot of brogueing, which is fine, but not what I am looking for here. Nor am I looking for sneakers (though I might be convinced as long as they don't look like anything in the "baller" thread). Can anyone recommend some brands or specific shoes? Thankspost #10631 of 1730411/21/12 at 2:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
I am looking for casual footwear to wear with jeans, courduroys, and possibly chinos. I generally frequent the MC section of the forum, so I have a variety of wingtips and so forth, but I am looking for something "younger" and sleeker. As a point of reference, I already have Allen Edmonds Player's Shoe in walnut, McTavish in black, and Elgin in brown. These all have a lot of brogueing, which is fine, but not what I am looking for here. Nor am I looking for sneakers (though I might be convinced as long as they don't look like anything in the "baller" thread). Can anyone recommend some brands or specific shoes? Thanks
you could check out Buttero, they have several nice sneakers
(believe they sell them at luisavi aroma)post #10632 of 1730411/21/12 at 5:36pmpost #10633 of 1730411/21/12 at 6:04pmif you're looking for a watch to wear for everyday use in college just buy a timex with a nato band. chances are you're going to get drunk, throw it at someone and lose it in the bushes, never to be seen again (not that i...uh...have any experience with this situation). no one gives a fuck what watch you're wearing in college, so it's better to wear something you on't mind messing up.post #10634 of 1730411/21/12 at 6:15pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 42 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Should I buy a full canvassed suit for the sole reason that I don't... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin MTO Burgundy Oxfords US7.5 (UK6.5) wide 3 minutes ago
- › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...