How tight are new Red Wings supposed to be in the toe box? Length is fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:53 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 707
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10592 of 1730211/18/12 at 4:50pmHi, im 17 and i was trying to find a nice gilet without a hood, or a gilet that could go with a hoody under it. I cant find any gilets with no hoods that are black as well as medium. I found this one; http://www.criminaldamage.co.uk/Criminal-Damage-Gilet-Aspen-Navy.html but not sure if i can wear a hoody under that?
So, can i wear a hoody under that, if not, where can i buy a nice gilet without a hood. Keep in mind im only 17 and i live in London.
Thanks.post #10593 of 1730211/18/12 at 8:52pmpost #10594 of 1730211/18/12 at 8:53pmpost #10595 of 1730211/18/12 at 8:59pm
Thanks for responding so quickly! I wasn't sure if they were more for suits/very dressy occasions (because they're black). Stay away from black wingtips and jeans though, correct?
I'm planning on wearing these with gray chinos and a white oxford and tie with a corduroy sport coat for work tomorrow.post #10596 of 1730211/18/12 at 9:50pmI fucked up my foot and ankle trail-running , and while things heal I need to buy a new pair of comfy, really supportive sneakers. I need a hightop with really good ankle and arch support, but that doesn't look it. For reference, when I say comfortable, I mean it: regular sneakers like Pro-Keds, Adidas, Vans etc. aren't cutting it at all. The only shoes that aren't killing my feet are my actual running shoes, and I can't be walking around in those all the time.
Basically, I need basketball shoes that aren't ugly as all hell and won't look out of place with jeans. Preferably not crazy expensive. Any recommendations?post #10597 of 1730211/18/12 at 10:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Harrington
I fucked up my foot and ankle trail-running , and while things heal I need to buy a new pair of comfy, really supportive sneakers. I need a hightop with really good ankle and arch support, but that doesn't look it. For reference, when I say comfortable, I mean it: regular sneakers like Pro-Keds, Adidas, Vans etc. aren't cutting it at all. The only shoes that aren't killing my feet are my actual running shoes, and I can't be walking around in those all the time.
Basically, I need basketball shoes that aren't ugly as all hell and won't look out of place with jeans. Preferably not crazy expensive. Any recommendations?
Alden modifed last boot:
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_indy_boot_plain_toe_natural_chrome_excel/pvc-ald-mxs-86042h_ald_m_indy_boot_plain_toe.htmlpost #10598 of 1730211/18/12 at 10:31pmpost #10599 of 1730211/18/12 at 10:51pmpost #10600 of 1730211/18/12 at 10:54pmQuote:
Modified last is way different than your standard Alden lastpost #10601 of 1730211/19/12 at 6:18ampost #10602 of 1730211/19/12 at 6:53ampost #10603 of 1730211/19/12 at 7:43ampost #10604 of 1730211/19/12 at 9:43amQuote:
I don't think they should be tight in the toe box. Since you already have them, why don't you wear them and see what happens, if it doesn't stretch enough, buy a wider pair. I have always bought red wings so they fit comfortably when new, but I haven't had any of the heritage models.post #10605 of 1730211/19/12 at 10:37pm
Can anyone direct me to some ~$500 leather jacket brands? I've been searching around for hours and everyone recommends TOJ, but it's a bit too much for me, plus the two month wait defeats the purpose a bit.
I'm looking for a slim fit urban style kind of jacket. Any pointers? Schott and Vanson weren't doing it for me.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Dress in Academia 1 minute ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...