or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 707

post #10591 of 15794
So can anybody answer my question?

How tight are new Red Wings supposed to be in the toe box? Length is fine.
post #10592 of 15794
Hi, im 17 and i was trying to find a nice gilet without a hood, or a gilet that could go with a hoody under it. I cant find any gilets with no hoods that are black as well as medium. I found this one; http://www.criminaldamage.co.uk/Criminal-Damage-Gilet-Aspen-Navy.html but not sure if i can wear a hoody under that?

So, can i wear a hoody under that, if not, where can i buy a nice gilet without a hood. Keep in mind im only 17 and i live in London.

Thanks.
post #10593 of 15794

Hello,

 

I also asked this on the "Men's Style" forum:

 

Can you wear black wingtips with with gray chinos?

 

 

Thank you!

post #10594 of 15794
yes
post #10595 of 15794
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post

yes

 

 

Thanks for responding so quickly! I wasn't sure if they were more for suits/very dressy occasions (because they're black). Stay away from black wingtips and jeans though, correct? 

 

I'm planning on wearing these with gray chinos and a white oxford and tie with a corduroy sport coat for work tomorrow.

post #10596 of 15794
I fucked up my foot and ankle trail-running censored.gif, and while things heal I need to buy a new pair of comfy, really supportive sneakers. I need a hightop with really good ankle and arch support, but that doesn't look it. For reference, when I say comfortable, I mean it: regular sneakers like Pro-Keds, Adidas, Vans etc. aren't cutting it at all. The only shoes that aren't killing my feet are my actual running shoes, and I can't be walking around in those all the time.

Basically, I need basketball shoes that aren't ugly as all hell and won't look out of place with jeans. Preferably not crazy expensive. Any recommendations?
post #10597 of 15794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrington View Post

I fucked up my foot and ankle trail-running censored.gif, and while things heal I need to buy a new pair of comfy, really supportive sneakers. I need a hightop with really good ankle and arch support, but that doesn't look it. For reference, when I say comfortable, I mean it: regular sneakers like Pro-Keds, Adidas, Vans etc. aren't cutting it at all. The only shoes that aren't killing my feet are my actual running shoes, and I can't be walking around in those all the time.
Basically, I need basketball shoes that aren't ugly as all hell and won't look out of place with jeans. Preferably not crazy expensive. Any recommendations?

Alden modifed last boot:
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_indy_boot_plain_toe_natural_chrome_excel/pvc-ald-mxs-86042h_ald_m_indy_boot_plain_toe.html
post #10598 of 15794
I've already got a pair of Alden chukkas, along with a ton of other leather boots. They're all way too heavy for my ankle - my Alden loafers are borderline right now, in that regard - and the hard soles don't absorb enough of the impact.
post #10599 of 15794
What type of leather shoes would you wear with a motocycle leather jacket and jeans?
post #10600 of 15794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrington View Post

I've already got a pair of Alden chukkas, along with a ton of other leather boots. They're all way too heavy for my ankle - my Alden loafers are borderline right now, in that regard - and the hard soles don't absorb enough of the impact.

Modified last is way different than your standard Alden last
post #10601 of 15794
god i hate the cold.. anyone have any recommendations for some good 100% wool watch caps or something similar?
dont want to spend too much..
post #10602 of 15794
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowiremember View Post

god i hate the cold.. anyone have any recommendations for some good 100% wool watch caps or something similar?
dont want to spend too much..

Rothco, i just got one for 7 bucks on a military website. cant beat it

post #10603 of 15794

 

 

Does anyone know who makes these two trousers / sweatpants and that sweater?

post #10604 of 15794
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxbxw View Post

So can anybody answer my question?
How tight are new Red Wings supposed to be in the toe box? Length is fine.

 

I don't think they should be tight in the toe box.  Since you already have them, why don't you wear them and see what happens, if it doesn't stretch enough, buy a wider pair.  I have always bought red wings so they fit comfortably when new, but I haven't had any of the heritage models.  

post #10605 of 15794

Can anyone direct me to some ~$500 leather jacket brands?  I've been searching around for hours and everyone recommends TOJ, but it's a bit too much for me, plus the two month wait defeats the purpose a bit.

 

I'm looking for a slim fit urban style kind of jacket.  Any pointers?  Schott and Vanson weren't doing it for me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here