How tight are new Red Wings supposed to be in the toe box? Length is fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:18 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 707post #10592 of 1772411/18/12 at 4:50pmHi, im 17 and i was trying to find a nice gilet without a hood, or a gilet that could go with a hoody under it. I cant find any gilets with no hoods that are black as well as medium. I found this one; http://www.criminaldamage.co.uk/Criminal-Damage-Gilet-Aspen-Navy.html but not sure if i can wear a hoody under that?
So, can i wear a hoody under that, if not, where can i buy a nice gilet without a hood. Keep in mind im only 17 and i live in London.
Thanks.post #10593 of 1772411/18/12 at 8:52pmpost #10594 of 1772411/18/12 at 8:53pmpost #10595 of 1772411/18/12 at 8:59pm
Thanks for responding so quickly! I wasn't sure if they were more for suits/very dressy occasions (because they're black). Stay away from black wingtips and jeans though, correct?
I'm planning on wearing these with gray chinos and a white oxford and tie with a corduroy sport coat for work tomorrow.post #10596 of 1772411/18/12 at 9:50pmI fucked up my foot and ankle trail-running , and while things heal I need to buy a new pair of comfy, really supportive sneakers. I need a hightop with really good ankle and arch support, but that doesn't look it. For reference, when I say comfortable, I mean it: regular sneakers like Pro-Keds, Adidas, Vans etc. aren't cutting it at all. The only shoes that aren't killing my feet are my actual running shoes, and I can't be walking around in those all the time.
Basically, I need basketball shoes that aren't ugly as all hell and won't look out of place with jeans. Preferably not crazy expensive. Any recommendations?post #10597 of 1772411/18/12 at 10:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Harrington
I fucked up my foot and ankle trail-running , and while things heal I need to buy a new pair of comfy, really supportive sneakers. I need a hightop with really good ankle and arch support, but that doesn't look it. For reference, when I say comfortable, I mean it: regular sneakers like Pro-Keds, Adidas, Vans etc. aren't cutting it at all. The only shoes that aren't killing my feet are my actual running shoes, and I can't be walking around in those all the time.
Basically, I need basketball shoes that aren't ugly as all hell and won't look out of place with jeans. Preferably not crazy expensive. Any recommendations?
Alden modifed last boot:
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_indy_boot_plain_toe_natural_chrome_excel/pvc-ald-mxs-86042h_ald_m_indy_boot_plain_toe.htmlpost #10598 of 1772411/18/12 at 10:31pmpost #10599 of 1772411/18/12 at 10:51pmpost #10600 of 1772411/18/12 at 10:54pmQuote:
Modified last is way different than your standard Alden lastpost #10601 of 1772411/19/12 at 6:18ampost #10602 of 1772411/19/12 at 6:53ampost #10603 of 1772411/19/12 at 7:43ampost #10604 of 1772411/19/12 at 9:43amQuote:
I don't think they should be tight in the toe box. Since you already have them, why don't you wear them and see what happens, if it doesn't stretch enough, buy a wider pair. I have always bought red wings so they fit comfortably when new, but I haven't had any of the heritage models.post #10605 of 1772411/19/12 at 10:37pm
Can anyone direct me to some ~$500 leather jacket brands? I've been searching around for hours and everyone recommends TOJ, but it's a bit too much for me, plus the two month wait defeats the purpose a bit.
I'm looking for a slim fit urban style kind of jacket. Any pointers? Schott and Vanson weren't doing it for me.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 15 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Need advice on shoe trees 16 minutes ago
- › Epaulet GAT Sport Trainers blue calf suede gum soles size 8 (41) 16 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding