How tight are new Red Wings supposed to be in the toe box? Length is fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/30/15 at 8:19pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 707
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10592 of 1703211/18/12 at 4:50pmHi, im 17 and i was trying to find a nice gilet without a hood, or a gilet that could go with a hoody under it. I cant find any gilets with no hoods that are black as well as medium. I found this one; http://www.criminaldamage.co.uk/Criminal-Damage-Gilet-Aspen-Navy.html but not sure if i can wear a hoody under that?
So, can i wear a hoody under that, if not, where can i buy a nice gilet without a hood. Keep in mind im only 17 and i live in London.
Thanks.post #10593 of 1703211/18/12 at 8:52pmpost #10594 of 1703211/18/12 at 8:53pmpost #10595 of 1703211/18/12 at 8:59pm
Thanks for responding so quickly! I wasn't sure if they were more for suits/very dressy occasions (because they're black). Stay away from black wingtips and jeans though, correct?
I'm planning on wearing these with gray chinos and a white oxford and tie with a corduroy sport coat for work tomorrow.post #10596 of 1703211/18/12 at 9:50pmI fucked up my foot and ankle trail-running , and while things heal I need to buy a new pair of comfy, really supportive sneakers. I need a hightop with really good ankle and arch support, but that doesn't look it. For reference, when I say comfortable, I mean it: regular sneakers like Pro-Keds, Adidas, Vans etc. aren't cutting it at all. The only shoes that aren't killing my feet are my actual running shoes, and I can't be walking around in those all the time.
Basically, I need basketball shoes that aren't ugly as all hell and won't look out of place with jeans. Preferably not crazy expensive. Any recommendations?post #10597 of 1703211/18/12 at 10:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Harrington
I fucked up my foot and ankle trail-running , and while things heal I need to buy a new pair of comfy, really supportive sneakers. I need a hightop with really good ankle and arch support, but that doesn't look it. For reference, when I say comfortable, I mean it: regular sneakers like Pro-Keds, Adidas, Vans etc. aren't cutting it at all. The only shoes that aren't killing my feet are my actual running shoes, and I can't be walking around in those all the time.
Basically, I need basketball shoes that aren't ugly as all hell and won't look out of place with jeans. Preferably not crazy expensive. Any recommendations?
Alden modifed last boot:
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_indy_boot_plain_toe_natural_chrome_excel/pvc-ald-mxs-86042h_ald_m_indy_boot_plain_toe.htmlpost #10598 of 1703211/18/12 at 10:31pmpost #10599 of 1703211/18/12 at 10:51pmpost #10600 of 1703211/18/12 at 10:54pmQuote:
Modified last is way different than your standard Alden lastpost #10601 of 1703211/19/12 at 6:18ampost #10602 of 1703211/19/12 at 6:53ampost #10603 of 1703211/19/12 at 7:43ampost #10604 of 1703211/19/12 at 9:43amQuote:
I don't think they should be tight in the toe box. Since you already have them, why don't you wear them and see what happens, if it doesn't stretch enough, buy a wider pair. I have always bought red wings so they fit comfortably when new, but I haven't had any of the heritage models.post #10605 of 1703211/19/12 at 10:37pm
Can anyone direct me to some ~$500 leather jacket brands? I've been searching around for hours and everyone recommends TOJ, but it's a bit too much for me, plus the two month wait defeats the purpose a bit.
I'm looking for a slim fit urban style kind of jacket. Any pointers? Schott and Vanson weren't doing it for me.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Alden Shell Cordovan Ravello LWB 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 17 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...