Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 8/22/13 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- College Wardrobe- What to wear? Last post on 8/30/13 at 11:02am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 684
post #10247 of 16114
10/2/12 at 5:59am
post #10248 of 16114
10/2/12 at 6:05am
post #10249 of 16114
10/2/12 at 6:15am
post #10250 of 16114
10/2/12 at 6:41am
is there anything in particular you ask for from the tailor? last time i brought in a shirt (thankfully not something i wear often) and asked to have it shortened in length he literally just cut straight across the bottom so it looks pretty weird.
post #10251 of 16114
10/2/12 at 8:04am
Quote:If you're headed in the general direction of Yohji Yamamoto and related brands, you could always try Doc Martens.
There are basically three issues with winter boots:
- Treads: Nothing short of ice cleats will keep you upright on glare ice, but you improve your chances having a lug/commando sole.
- Water resistance: Plenty of boots with decent construction will keep out water to some extent. Kinda determined by the depth of snow and slush you're running into. If you go for Docs, you could always get in touch via their web site to ask how water-resistant their boots are.
- Salt: Salt will eat leather boots alive, or at least stain them. Pretty much all you can do is put some kind of protector on them and clean them regularly.
(FWIW, definitely not SF god-status. )
post #10252 of 16114
10/2/12 at 8:18am
post #10253 of 16114
10/2/12 at 8:41am
post #10254 of 16114
10/2/12 at 8:44am
post #10255 of 16114
10/2/12 at 8:46am
post #10256 of 16114
10/2/12 at 8:52am
post #10257 of 16114
10/2/12 at 8:58am
post #10258 of 16114
10/2/12 at 9:55am
I can find durable functional boots. I would also like them to match my aesthetic, therein lies the challenge.
I wish tretorns boots were not crap, they are actually solid lookwise
Lots of functional things are pretty ugly.
post #10259 of 16114
10/2/12 at 10:41am
post #10260 of 16114
10/2/12 at 10:49am
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 1905 Active Users (479 Members and 1426 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 33 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 36 seconds ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 1 minute ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 1 minute ago
- › EXC Ralph Lauren Purple Label RLPL 100% Cashmere Glen Plaid Suit - 44R 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Five sportcoats for sale 38 & 40. Oxxford, Dunhill, Brooks Golden... 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...