Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:57 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 684
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10247 of 1728010/2/12 at 5:59ampost #10248 of 1728010/2/12 at 6:05ampost #10249 of 1728010/2/12 at 6:15ampost #10250 of 1728010/2/12 at 6:41am
is there anything in particular you ask for from the tailor? last time i brought in a shirt (thankfully not something i wear often) and asked to have it shortened in length he literally just cut straight across the bottom so it looks pretty weird.post #10251 of 1728010/2/12 at 8:04amQuote:If you're headed in the general direction of Yohji Yamamoto and related brands, you could always try Doc Martens.
There are basically three issues with winter boots:
- Treads: Nothing short of ice cleats will keep you upright on glare ice, but you improve your chances having a lug/commando sole.
- Water resistance: Plenty of boots with decent construction will keep out water to some extent. Kinda determined by the depth of snow and slush you're running into. If you go for Docs, you could always get in touch via their web site to ask how water-resistant their boots are.
- Salt: Salt will eat leather boots alive, or at least stain them. Pretty much all you can do is put some kind of protector on them and clean them regularly.
(FWIW, definitely not SF god-status. )post #10252 of 1728010/2/12 at 8:18ampost #10253 of 1728010/2/12 at 8:41ampost #10254 of 1728010/2/12 at 8:44ampost #10255 of 1728010/2/12 at 8:46ampost #10256 of 1728010/2/12 at 8:52ampost #10257 of 1728010/2/12 at 8:58ampost #10258 of 1728010/2/12 at 9:55am
I can find durable functional boots. I would also like them to match my aesthetic, therein lies the challenge.
I wish tretorns boots were not crap, they are actually solid lookwise
Lots of functional things are pretty ugly.post #10259 of 1728010/2/12 at 10:41ampost #10260 of 1728010/2/12 at 10:49am
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1736 Active Users (397 Members and 1339 Guests)
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 10 seconds ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 26 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › NYC Meet-Up Tuesday, July 21st 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...