or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 679

post #10171 of 15176

I need a recommendation/guidance for a denim shirt.  I'm looking for something with a fairly light wash that isn't too long

post #10172 of 15176
How's the quality and the fit of Land's End Canvas compare to J Crew? I'm thinking about picking up some trousers since there is a 40% sale running.
post #10173 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by theecaptain View Post

I need a recommendation/guidance for a denim shirt.  I'm looking for something with a fairly light wash that isn't too long

 

Naked and Famous does some very slim denim shirting in chambray and some lighter colors.  Check them out at park and bond, tate+yoko, blue owl, and revolve.  30% off first purchase at revolve too.

post #10174 of 15176

Hello Gents,

 

New member, though I've been reading as much as time will allow for several months.  Gained quite a few insights, however I still have numerous questions.

 

Hope this is the right place to ask... so here we go.

 

I'm considering investing in some red wing boots, however I really want to put them to daily use but not in the sense that they were originally intended. I've gained definite appreciation for American made and guaranteed items, so the Red Wing boot looks a solid choice.

 

My question is regarding which one to get.  I spend most of my time at work so I want them to be something that transitions well from a hospital environment (I wear scrubs) to home life (jeans & t-shirts or button-ups). Is the white Vibram crepe sole the way to go?  Style? etc. etc.

 

Any recommendations much appreciated!  Many Thanks, Rich

post #10175 of 15176

does anybody know wich brand this fair isle cardigan/hoodie is from?

have been searching for ages but can't find it unfortunately.

thnx

 

post #10176 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecco View Post

 

Naked and Famous does some very slim denim shirting in chambray and some lighter colors.  Check them out at park and bond, tate+yoko, blue owl, and revolve.  30% off first purchase at revolve too.

thanks for the recommendation. from the looks of it those are probably too slim fitting for me though

post #10177 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

Anyone have anyone experience with the run/hide floral shirts? I saw they were featured on well spent and was wondering about the quality. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I might give it a shot anyways if no one has tried it. Which color looks better, black or white?

Was thinking about getting those too. Think the white would be more versatile. Do let us know how it goes after you get it!
post #10178 of 15176
Where can I find cheap tall oversized drape-y rayon/viscose wide neck tanks and t shirts? Even the sketchy Korean sites don't have exactly what I want
post #10179 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron Revolution View Post

Looking to buy a pair of Acne Max Cash's. I fit 28 in N&F skinny guy (skinny fitting on me), and 27 in APC petit standard (also skinny fitting on me). Looking for a slim (not skinny) fit in the max, would 28 be appropriate? i am aware they dont go smaller than 28 and i know they run large so i dont know if it would be worth it just to go with another brand. thanks!

also posting this here to get a consensus on what i should do.
post #10180 of 15176

I didn't click those links because aw hell no will I click a Tinyurl link anymore. 

 

That being said I can take a wild guess on what you're after and say if you're in the U.S. or can pay international shippping, then the flash sales sites generally have a decent selection of messengers periodically. Gilt, MyHabit are the best, there are a few others (Rue Lala and whatnot). They will have many in your price range. Quality will vary wildly, but I have a feeling you can find a style you like there. I would bet maybe in the next few weeks one of those two sites will be selling some. Check if they do international shipping if you're in Italy. I got a great BillyKirk messenger for $150 from Gilt that I still use 3 years later. It's actually doing that thing where it ages beautifully, thought that was a #menswear myth.

 

Also, maybe give an Everlane backpack a go. You'll be one of many "mature" guys with messengers, or you can be a "mature" guy with a "mature" backpack. Something to consider. https://www.everlane.com/collections/canvas-leather-packs/products/snap-pack-blue

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianGian View Post

Goodmorning,
 
As I said in the introduction thread, I'm a italian 19 years old student, and I'm going to attend my first year of university this fall. I shifted from the typical school boy style, to a more mature way of dressing, but I need a piece of advice for the school bag.
I really love messenger bags, aboveall the vintage ones. I'm totally in love with this kind of stuff:
but aboveall this one: http://tinyurl.com/95faxsm.
 
The problem is that I have a very small budget, let's say something which never comes over 100$. So that that Burberry bag is... well, inacessible.
Can you help me to find a good model of messenger bag?
 
Thank you very much!
 
Oh.. I hope this is the right place for that kind of questions.
post #10181 of 15176
Its getting to be rainy season where i live and I'm in need of a raincoat. This is what I want

http://stutterheim.se/usa/shop/arholma-svart

...but, they just upped their prices by quite a bit. I still might get it. Anyone have any recommendations for simple, calf length raincoats? black or white
post #10182 of 15176
that raincoat is sick though. i think you should get it if you can
post #10183 of 15176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard23 View Post

Hello Gents,

New member, though I've been reading as much as time will allow for several months.  Gained quite a few insights, however I still have numerous questions.

Hope this is the right place to ask... so here we go.

I'm considering investing in some red wing boots, however I really want to put them to daily use but not in the sense that they were originally intended. I've gained definite appreciation for American made and guaranteed items, so the Red Wing boot looks a solid choice.

My question is regarding which one to get.  I spend most of my time at work so I want them to be something that transitions well from a hospital environment (I wear scrubs) to home life (jeans & t-shirts or button-ups). Is the white Vibram crepe sole the way to go?  Style? etc. etc.

Any recommendations much appreciated!  Many Thanks, Rich

Redwing heritage classic chukka boot would do you well....look for the style/colour is 3141.
Very easily dressed up or down as need be.
post #10184 of 15176
I probably should have multi quoted.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron Revolution View Post

also posting this here to get a consensus on what i should do.

I'm afraid the 28 would be too big. I do a 30 in NF skinny guys and a 29 in the max cash....the cut through the leg is very similar though, slim but not skinny.
post #10185 of 15176
How should I tie the laces for these?



I tie them the normal way and they keep getting undone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here