or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Site Topics - Part II - Page 586

post #8776 of 15572
IMO, lowering the post count is not going to have any material impact. If a person is twisted enough to start a sock, let it stay dormant for a few years, work up to 100 posts to troll the CE...they are going to do that at 100 or 1000 posts. Most people are normal and I think the sock/troll generation is from 3-10 dedicated (read: sad and lonely) folks. Twentyfive is probably enough to keep spammers out.
post #8777 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

IMO, lowering the post count is not going to have any material impact. If a person is twisted enough to start a sock, let it stay dormant for a few years, work up to 100 posts to troll the CE...they are going to do that at 100 or 1000 posts. Most people are normal and I think the sock/troll generation is from 3-10 dedicated (read: sad and lonely) folks. Twentyfive is probably enough to keep spammers out.

SAYS MORDECAI'S SOCK MASTER.

Don't think we don't know sly.gifwink.gif
post #8778 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

IMO, lowering the post count is not going to have any material impact. If a person is twisted enough to start a sock, let it stay dormant for a few years, work up to 100 posts to troll the CE...they are going to do that at 100 or 1000 posts. Most people are normal and I think the sock/troll generation is from 3-10 dedicated (read: sad and lonely) folks. Twentyfive is probably enough to keep spammers out.

Did your friend Petrus ever make it to the CE? I assume that there is no point since he prefers to fuckup informative threads were people get along but still...
post #8779 of 15572
Haven't been in here in a while, and I know we're not supposed to call for bannings in here....

...not that I'm calling for one necessarily just now...

...but user wright appears to be a really strange and uninteresting troll experiment.
post #8780 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Haven't been in here in a while, and I know we're not supposed to call for bannings in here....
...not that I'm calling for one necessarily just now...
...but user wright appears to be a really strange and uninteresting troll experiment.

This is strange, but this is exactly why I just clicked on this thread. Wright needs a sock check or a ban hammer.
post #8781 of 15572
So is Style Forvm really conducting a survey and soliciting responses from a popup in the lower right hand corner?
post #8782 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

So is Style Forvm really conducting a survey and soliciting responses from a popup in the lower right hand corner?

How do you spend so much time on here and not know that?
post #8783 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

How do you spend so much time on here and not know that?

because this was different from the other popup ads and had the style forum graphic in it.
post #8784 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

because this was different from the other popup ads and had the style forum graphic in it.

Thank christ for popup and ad blockers.
post #8785 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

How do you spend so much time on here and not know that?

I saw it for the first time yesterday. I'd lik to see some of the results if we can. Would be fun.
post #8786 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I saw it for the first time yesterday. I'd lik to see some of the results if we can. Would be fun.

i want to know if there is a 100% yes response to, "are you accessing this site from work?"
post #8787 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Haven't been in here in a while, and I know we're not supposed to call for bannings in here....
...not that I'm calling for one necessarily just now...
...but user wright appears to be a really strange and uninteresting troll experiment.

This is strange, but this is exactly why I just clicked on this thread. Wright needs a sock check or a ban hammer.

He reminds me of JeromeStyle.
post #8788 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

He reminds me of JeromeStyle.

Crap, I almost forgot about him.
post #8789 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Crap, I almost forgot about him.

how could you even almost forget j-rome? he was a classic.
post #8790 of 15572
Who the fuck is brad-T and when did he kill and eat Uncontrol?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II