or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Site Topics - Part II - Page 552

post #8266 of 15051
the b&s feedback is locked? I understand that its basically obviated by the rep system we have, but I was just in an awkward position with a member who basically used me as leverage to bid with another member over a shirt.
post #8267 of 15051
I for one have turned both avatars and signatures off. Too many shitty images and meaningless drivel. (Not that I'm namin' names or nothin'.)
post #8268 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Hysterical good, or hysterical, bad? Anyway, it's an ongoing discussion, but I do agree that people should be able to choose "nothing". Helps render times too. I didn't have an avatar for 9+ years, and never really felt the need for them, nor even really register them most of the time. However, they seem to mean a great deal to a lot of people, so, we represent your interests.

So why exactly did we get these generic avatars in the first place? Though I was irritated that I received one and can't get rid of it, it doesn't give me sleepless nights. So no biggy. But if you can, I'd like to see them done with eventually. I am however curious as to why they were enabled since the changeover (if my initial question seemed too testy).

Edit - It looks like J answered my question.
post #8269 of 15051
Also, for some reason though I've checked 'yes' for "Hide user avatars" in "Preferences", I still see user avatars next to their posts. What's that about?
post #8270 of 15051
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post

The generic avatars were supposed to be deleted, but I lost track of that issue and we probably just need to bring it up again to get it done. I think they are awful myself.


Its been a bit, man. How have you been?


Not bad, just busy with IRL stuff, and honestly, a bit burned out by some of the backchannel semi-forum-related conversation. I'm trying to catch up and get back in the swing of things as I can.

 

post #8271 of 15051

I'm seeing a strange Range Rover ad embedded behind the forum graphic when I'm logged out.  You can't really see it because it's obscured by the whole interface, but I saw a strange night sky image in the background so I clicked through to "View Background Image" and it's an ad splash image.  It goes away when logging in. I feel like I understand the concept, but the "ad" isn't actually visible because it's obstructed by 90% of the forum graphics.  What is the purpose?

post #8272 of 15051
I have noticed the same in the past few days and wondered that as well.
post #8273 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout View Post

I'm seeing a strange Range Rover ad embedded behind the forum graphic when I'm logged out.  You can't really see it because it's obscured by the whole interface, but I saw a strange night sky image in the background so I clicked through to "View Background Image" and it's an ad splash image.  It goes away when logging in. I feel like I understand the concept, but the "ad" isn't actually visible because it's obstructed by 90% of the forum graphics.  What is the purpose?

It's subliminal messaging. You'll want to sell your body for a Range Rover in a few days. Not buying, sorry.
post #8274 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

It's subliminal messaging. You'll want to sell your body for a Range Rover in a few days. Not buying, sorry.

this reminds me of a stripper girl on my fb who actually did this..for a range rover lol
post #8275 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post

this reminds me of a stripper girl on my fb who actually did this..for a range rover lol

is this like when you say "my friend has a problem" .... but really its you?
post #8276 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

is this like when you say "my friend has a problem" .... but really its you?

you should see what I did to pay for my first brake job.......mwink[1].gif
post #8277 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

is this like when you say "my friend has a problem" .... but really its you?

shit. 187 couldnt get an '89taurus for his body.
post #8278 of 15051
What's with these broads posting in General Chat? I didn't even click on it but it seems fishy. Underwater pun not intended.
post #8279 of 15051
First: bunch of lag for me today.

Second: can redface.gif be changed to :impolyt:? He uses it all the time and I lovingy associate it with him.
post #8280 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

First: bunch of lag for me today.
Second: can redface.gif be changed to :impolyt:? He uses it all the time and I lovingy associate it with him.


Agree with point 2 above

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II