or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Site Topics - Part II - Page 156

post #2326 of 15572
I blame Butter.
post #2327 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post
CE could be a place where people with different points of view could have informed respectful discussions
You know, I am new here and I thought that CE might have potential, but to my dismay, the pathetic losers seem to cry in this thread after getting outwitted and resort to ad hominem attacks. Quite humorous though.
post #2328 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Aaaaaand I'm done with you. AF making some stupid comments does not make him akin to a KKK member. I'm telling you I've met the guy in person, and he was polite, well spoken, and very easy to get along with. Someone who exhibits those features qualifies as "nice." He's said things I don't agree with, and he's said things that I find offensive, but so have a vast majority of people. I don't automatically classify people as evil because they're imperfect. If you need to hate him go ahead and do it. You seem to think he hates you reciprocally (I can't imagine how anyone would dislike you, but I suppose some people manage), so at least there's balance.
And you're done with me? Leaving the sandbox and going home? I didn't say he was akin to a KKK member - but you implied that one can say all sorts of awful things and simply be "imperfect". Polite? Sorry, his actions in this forum have been anything but. How he interacts with you on his horse farm is of no concern to me - I don't visit the dude ranch. Well Spoken? See above response for polite. Easy to get along with? Funny, the responses that have come out in the last page, not counting his entire history on here, clearly, ABSOLUTELY, defines the fact that he's not easy to get along with. Nice passive insult at the end - I understand exactly how you and AF would get along. On the dude ranch. Two really, really "nice" guys. Doing "nice" things.
post #2329 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
He can be provoked to anger.

I heard a rumor that this might also be true of you. <no provoke></no provoke>
post #2330 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I heard a rumor that this might also be true of you. <no provoke></no provoke>

Well, at least I haven't danced on anyone's e-grave.

That said, as a general matter, I would say that fran's online persona is more good-natured than mine.
post #2331 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
You know, I am new here and I thought that CE might have potential, but to my dismay, the pathetic losers seem to cry in this thread after getting outwitted and resort to ad hominem attacks.

Quite humorous though.

yes, most of CE sees you as witty and triumphant.
post #2332 of 15572
Fran doesn't blow his top too much but, yes, he has a hard time staying classy.
post #2333 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Then I guess every historical figure who was not taped or filmed is just a "character." OK, semantics FTW!

Nah, filming or taping also creates a character; you edit, chose angles etc.

Of course even going by more restrained criteria Socrates is different because he was used by Plato as a tool to present his own theories.
post #2334 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by haganah View Post
And you're done with me? Leaving the sandbox and going home? I didn't say he was akin to a KKK member - but you implied that one can say all sorts of awful things and simply be "imperfect".

Polite? Sorry, his actions in this forum have been anything but. How he interacts with you on his horse farm is of no concern to me - I don't visit the dude ranch.

Well Spoken? See above response for polite.

Easy to get along with? Funny, the responses that have come out in the last page, not counting his entire history on here, clearly, ABSOLUTELY, defines the fact that he's not easy to get along with.

Nice passive insult at the end - I understand exactly how you and AF would get along. On the dude ranch. Two really, really "nice" guys. Doing "nice" things.

Uh hurrrr durrrr...it's funny 'cause you allude to us having teh ghey secks, and everyone knows that's icky!

I do have to applaud your irony, using homophobic insults to criticize someone you're portraying as closed-minded.

"I'm done with you" means you contribute so little to discourse that I'm not interacting with you anymore. I'm also willing to bet the mods won't look kindly upon an all-out flame war in TransMod, so I'm trying to avoid engaging in one. That being the case, I intend to stand by that statement going forward.
post #2335 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Nah, filming or taping also creates a character; you edit, chose angles etc.

Of course even going by more restrained criteria Socrates is different because he was used by Plato as a tool to present his own theories.

Is anyone real then?

FWIW, I believe that Plato more or less presents the "real" Socrates. The theories are not Plato's. They are highly, highly derivative. Without Socrates, there is no Plato. Plato is almost a recorder. A very high level recorder but not an original thinker in the precise sense.
post #2336 of 15572
Mods, this thread should be locked: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...64395&page=156 The atheism thread in CE is starting to spill over
post #2337 of 15572
Thread Starter 
Enough of this please. I try to keep up with this thread a few times a day and it's annoying when I have to sift through a few pages of crap to see if anyone has an important issue.
post #2338 of 15572
OK seriously though, there are like 7 Fran clones floating around now.
post #2339 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Enough of this please. I try to keep up with this thread a few times a day and it's annoying when I have to sift through a few pages of crap to see if anyone has an important issue.
I have one; How about we unban me, chief? This was all a big misunderstanding.
post #2340 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbris3 View Post
I have one; How about we unban me, chief? This was all a big misunderstanding.
Why are you back?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II