or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Site Topics - Part II - Page 1028

post #15406 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

I'd like to request that a level above Onsite Legend is added called The Honorary Pio Lifetime Achievement Award.

AKA the "Stitchy In A Good Week" award.
post #15407 of 15572
bigstar[1].gif
post #15408 of 15572
Mods this asshole is on a rampage … user name DoublePleats

http://www.styleforum.net/t/79716/ask-a-question-get-an-answer-post-all-quick-questions-here-classic-menswear/31965#post_8274610
post #31969 of 31969

and a few others already.

This needs banning quick fast.
post #15409 of 15572
My antivirus software just blocked an attack by something called "Angler Exploit Kit Website 6" that came from SF. Apparently, this is something hackers insert in the code of a legitimate website that often puts ransomware on your computer.

https://blogs.sophos.com/2015/07/21/a-closer-look-at-the-angler-exploit-kit/
post #15410 of 15572
Shockwave flash is still crashing on SF all the bloody time, as in every couple of minutes, making the site rather cumbersome to navigate.

Also, I got an email from SF noting me of a new private message and my PC warned me that it was a 'suspected phishing message'. No such warnings from my normal subscription update mails or from from other SF notification mails.
Edited by Kaplan - 1/22/16 at 8:14am
post #15411 of 15572
The days of the internet and satellites are numbered. The wise are learning how to dress game and how to make fire.
post #15412 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

The days of the internet and satellites are numbered. The wise are learning how to dress game and how to make fire.

I too came to SF in order to up my "how to dress" game.
post #15413 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I too came to SF in order to up my "how to dress" game.

You know, that's a good idea. How come SF doesn't have an official "How To Dress" game?

I'm picturing a version of those "Worst Case Scenario" card games. Or, more ambitiously, "Cards Against Humanity."

And then there's the SW&D expansion pack.
post #15414 of 15572
Shockwave still churning up memory, so navigation freezes, and then crashes. It's so routine if I'm in another browser tab or in my Excel or something, and the machine slows down, I just automatically close the SF tab and it frees up the machine every time. This happens on all my machines and across a couple of different browsers.
post #15415 of 15572
any system that determines "why is a pillar of the community" is fundamentally flawed and must be scrapped.
post #15416 of 15572

Styleinshade is actually showing up before styleforum (or is the next 3 options right after) on some of my google searches

post #15417 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Shockwave still churning up memory, so navigation freezes, and then crashes. It's so routine if I'm in another browser tab or in my Excel or something, and the machine slows down, I just automatically close the SF tab and it frees up the machine every time. This happens on all my machines and across a couple of different browsers.

 

Yes, same here. It's quite frustrating.

post #15418 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Shockwave still churning up memory, so navigation freezes, and then crashes. It's so routine if I'm in another browser tab or in my Excel or something, and the machine slows down, I just automatically close the SF tab and it frees up the machine every time. This happens on all my machines and across a couple of different browsers.

Is that what's going on? I have had a similar problem which seems to be caused by SF. It doesn't happen always so I assume it is something in one of the ads that is loading. I'm assuming that's where the ransomware attack of a couple of days ago came from too.
post #15419 of 15572
This shit is getting bad on one of my machines.
post #15420 of 15572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Shockwave flash is still crashing on SF all the bloody time, as in every couple of minutes, making the site rather cumbersome to navigate.

Also, I got an email from SF noting me of a new private message and my PC warned me that it was a 'suspected phishing message'. No such warnings from my normal subscription update mails or from from other SF notification mails.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Shockwave still churning up memory, so navigation freezes, and then crashes. It's so routine if I'm in another browser tab or in my Excel or something, and the machine slows down, I just automatically close the SF tab and it frees up the machine every time. This happens on all my machines and across a couple of different browsers.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
 

 

Yes, same here. It's quite frustrating.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post


Is that what's going on? I have had a similar problem which seems to be caused by SF. It doesn't happen always so I assume it is something in one of the ads that is loading. I'm assuming that's where the ransomware attack of a couple of days ago came from too.

 

This issue is extremely annoying.  I'm possibly going to stop looking at this site until it's resolved.  @LA Guy - Fok do you have any updates about this and whether it's being addressed?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II