or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Site Topics - Part II - Page 1008

post #15106 of 15117

I'll do it for $25/hr. 

post #15107 of 15117
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

dedicated "spam mod" who is exclusively responsible for killing spam.

rotflmao.gif

sweet job bro
post #15108 of 15117
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I think I got all of the spam from the latest infestation.

You know, I was thinking about the spam issue while I was deleting the posts (which I do often), and I think I have an idea on how we could keep it in check. Maybe we could think about deputizing someone as a sort of dedicated "spam mod" who is exclusively responsible for killing spam. It wouldn't be perfect, but I'm betting it would at least create a substantial decrease in how much spam our members see.

Just a thought.

 

Y'know, I could be wrong, but I thought that I remembered that someone had been deputised to act as just such a mod, mainly because he seemed to be on SF pretty much all of the time...

post #15109 of 15117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Y'know, I could be wrong, but I thought that I remembered that someone had been deputised to act as just such a mod, mainly because he seemed to be on SF pretty much all of the time...

Pretty sure there IS someone who IS responsible for that. Last I heard, he IS more known for deleting posts that hurt hIS feelings rather than deleting spam.
post #15110 of 15117
Where is IS????

Has he developed severe arthritis or what???
post #15111 of 15117

Stitchy has not been online as much as normal recently because of some personal, non-Styleforum, related reasons.  He is spamminating when he is online, and has also taken on some other duties.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #15112 of 15117
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Stitchy has not been online as much as normal recently because of some personal, non-Styleforum, related reasons.  He is spamminating when he is online, and has also taken on some other duties.

Cheers,

Fok.

I hope he is well...smile.gif
post #15113 of 15117
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

I hope he is well...smile.gif

Fine, thanks. Just a lot of changes at home/community/work. Leaves me with less free time. All good.
post #15114 of 15117
Stitchy is moving to San Francisco. Oops. Was I not supposed to tell everyone? Dammit, I have such a big mouth...
post #15115 of 15117
Nah, Londinium!
post #15116 of 15117
La la Londinium...
post #15117 of 15117
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Fine, thanks. Just a lot of changes at home/community/work. Leaves me with less free time. All good.

Good news all around I hope..smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II