Originally Posted by XFactor
Who is your tailor? Do share/ recommend. Something to save if and when I got more pricey / high end maybe.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So, I have some friends & family in the clothing business - Through them I was able to get access to the few online stores and plan to do more of that for the online stores you can mention. But none of them are close to "suits" and "woolens". My learning of woolens and suits is probably highest thanks to SF so I have to HELP MY SELF with YOUR HELP.
http://www.dugdalebros.com - Registered with Verification Emails
http://www.huddersfieldcloth.com - Registered with Verification Emails
http://www.hfwltd.com- Registered online
Any others that I can browse through? Anyone else offers similar and with sales etc? Also looking through some Ebay Stores.
In the future, my dream suits due to weather and me being hot all the time is to get Minnis Fresco, Finmeresco, Crispaire, Cool Breeze, Cool Wool etc. They all seem to be going at around 50-60 GBP so I am putting that on HOLD for now.
For right now: As suggested above I like the fact that there are decent fabrics from them at 30 GBP or so and 20 GBP on some of the sales.
E.g. I am looking through these (Dugdale - English Town & Classics) and wondering if they are good enough for a decent suit?
Should I go 100s, 110s, 120s instead and look for sales of those?
Mimo - I really appreciate your detailed reply. As you may notice I've read and marked it carefully. Few questions & thoughts based on your reply
- - What kind of customs code is that? How does one get that across to them? (Where are you based - Does it not depend on the destination country/ city Customs)?
- - I am also trying to figure out the Shipping costs - e.g. For a single suit length to the US? Any ideas on how to find/ use some online calculators for this?
- - Can you share (maybe over PM) which vendors you bought these 7 lengths from? And share some details on that?
- - Finding decent India made cloths has been an issue as its mostly all POLY-wool blends here and until winter comes I wont see any or that many (or only if I go North to Delhi).
- - Now that I have some access to the Official Sources (listed above) and ask you and others for more such sources I might be safer? Then ask people here which one to buy.
- - With the Union flags etc. I am guessing you mean the Ebay UK based vendors and their fabrics that may not be all that dependable?
Manton - Right now, I am simply not in the best spot to get what I want. But I will in the future. If you have trouble finding what you had and want again, imagine what is happening to newbies who are just starting to learn the ropes.
Slewfoot - Right now the best I can afford is a bit limited. But I think with some homework and you guys help I may come out better even at lower starting cost.
PS: What is this Steed / LL Cloth discount? Are there any such similar ones I am missing?