or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Site Topics - Part II - Page 860

post #12886 of 14830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

More likely people that did not appreciate his approach forwarded them along?

You gotta lot of balls! foo.gif
post #12887 of 14830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

You gotta lot of balls! foo.gif

crackup[1].gif

I think I we can safely rule me out as having received one of those PMs. But you know that. wink.gif
post #12888 of 14830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


More likely people that did not appreciate his approach forwarded them along?

I have not been party to any of these PMs myself. Just remember reading somewhere, probably in this thread, that short of requests from warrant-wielding agents of law enforcement, PMs were out of bounds to mods. But I suppose someone sending unsolicited abusive or offensive PMs is reasonable bounds for banning. As I say I have no idea about the PMs in question.
post #12889 of 14830
Quote:
Originally Posted by E,TF View Post

I have not been party to any of these PMs myself. Just remember reading somewhere, probably in this thread, that short of requests from warrant-wielding agents of law enforcement, PMs were out of bounds to mods. But I suppose someone sending unsolicited abusive or offensive PMs is reasonable bounds for banning. As I say I have no idea about the PMs in question.


I could well be mistaken, but I seem to remember reading a while back that it has happened, but was under extremely unusual circumstances.
post #12890 of 14830
Fok specified that people had "alerted him" to the pms.

Reading a pm that someone forwards specifically to you is a light-year away from monitoring pms.
post #12891 of 14830
NAZIS!!!!!
post #12892 of 14830
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

Fok specified that people had "alerted him" to the pms.

Reading a pm that someone forwards specifically to you is a light-year away from monitoring pms.

Several different members forwarded me their invites. There is no issue with that. You send a letter, and the recipient of that letter is free to do with it as they please. There is no confidentiality implied or expected, unless it's to your lawyer. Why you would be using PM to contact your lawyer, I have no idea.
post #12893 of 14830
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Why you would be using PM to contact your lawyer, I have no idea.

 

This has actually happened.

 

Of course, I can't say any more.

post #12894 of 14830
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Several different members forwarded me their invites. There is no issue with that. You send a letter, and the recipient of that letter is free to do with it as they please. There is no confidentiality implied or expected, unless it's to your lawyer. Why you would be using PM to contact your lawyer, I have no idea.

i PM harvey birdman all the time!
post #12895 of 14830
holy multi-posting batman:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/212749/official-game-of-thrones-thread/2665

starts on that page...obviously I clicked it multiple times, but the page wasn't responding. No AJAX circle things, no browser link activity, nothing.
post #12896 of 14830
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Why you would be using PM to contact your lawyer, I have no idea.

because while harvey has no problem cashing my checks he does seem to hate responding to my emails.

also, lol at Rambo, ffs.
post #12897 of 14830
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

because while harvey has no problem cashing my checks he does seem to hate responding to my emails.

also, lol at Rambo, ffs.

Your last few payments bounced. Just sayin'.
post #12898 of 14830
Rambo was a good guy, if a bit intense. I'm curious to see how his forum works out. It seems to me that an internet forum is like a credit card company in that it depends on its network of users for its value. The credit card industry is dominated by Visa and MasterCard, with a few other companies (e.g., AMEX) carving out niches. StyleForum and AskAndy dominate the internet forums devoted to mens style. Is there room for a third player?
post #12899 of 14830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Rambo was a good guy, if a bit intense. I'm curious to see how his forum works out. It seems to me that an internet forum is like a credit card company in that it depends on its network of users for its value. The credit card industry is dominated by Visa and MasterCard, with a few other companies (e.g., AMEX) carving out niches. StyleForum and AskAndy dominate the internet forums devoted to mens style. Is there room for a third player?

Except Rambo isn't AMEX, he's Diners Club.
post #12900 of 14830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

StyleForum and AskAndy dominate the internet forums devoted to mens style. Is there room for a third player?

 

uhm...

 

you're forgetting sufu, sz, r/mfa, /fa... I'm sure there are more.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

Except Rambo isn't AMEX, he's Diners Club.

 

If anything, Ask Andy is Diner's Club. Rambo might be like BitCoin?

 

FWIW, I always thought Rambo's posts were pretty low-brow and mostly just background noise. At least in SWD, it seemed like that was the case. He was one of the guys who would accuse Brad of looking like a girl, for instance. Which -- and maybe sometimes he does -- but that's hardly taking the ball down the field. I find it laughable that anyone would follow him somewhere else.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II