or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Site Topics - Part II - Page 787

post #11791 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

ffffuuuu.gif

You're a mod. You're supposed to like me.

You're sorely mistaken.
post #11792 of 15051
Wait. FLMM iz a mod? uhoh.gif
post #11793 of 15051
Can we have thumb comments again? Many posts contain multiple replies to different people or multiple ideas and I can't indicate which one was helpful/I agree with if I don't agree with them all.

For people that abuse thumb comments there's an easy fix: warn/ban.
post #11794 of 15051
^ Yes. Thumb comments were awesome.
post #11795 of 15051
Can the moderation of Style Forum please stop Piobaire from abusing me on this forum?

I've sent a number of moderators private messages to please help stop this member from his trolling activities and neither you or he will stop it.

I started by trying to stop this situation by sending him a private message to please respect my ignore of his posts. He has refused and trolls me all over the forum in threads I am trying to post respectfully in and has now exposed the fact that I sent him a couple of PM's to ask him to leave me alone. I give him permission to post the content here. I've nothing to hide.

I have sent a number of members PM's and also moderators. I took their feedback in and also provided feedback of my own. Anyone who wishes to expose my private messages may do so with my consent.

I will post this as an example of what I need to endure because of this asshole:
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Jet, I have pmd you and a number of other members of this fora to ask them to leave me alone. If you look at his post history Piobaire has tried very hard to disparage me on this fora.

I'm openly providing an admission here and welcoming anyone to post the content of my PM's for inspection. I've nothing to hide. The moderation of this forum is not doing enough to stop abusive members like Piobaire so I took it upon myself to send PM's to members here to try and stop his abuse.

The fact that I tried to reach out to him first and he shat on me should serve to the forum that this person is not worth respect. He has exposed to everyone that I have reached out to him privately to stop abusing me. And he was burned above, and in character he's shown his true character by exposing the fact that I reached out to him via PM to please leave me the fuck alone. He has not. He will probably post my PM's to him. Go ahead, Piobaire, do it. I have your post history to defend myself. You're a troll so go ahead and post my PM history.

Piobare is a very abusive member of style forum. A number of folks that I have messaged privately have acknowledged this but have also sadly acknowledged that he is a jerk here but gets slack from moderation. This is unfair.

Piobaire is heavily engaged in abusive posts about me in Dumb Threads. A place I no longer engage in because its filled with banter that I don't find appealing. Member that choose not to engage in dumb threads should not be trashed in there, if those types want to behave that way let them, but me and many others don't want to be part of it. But again, moderation is not taking an active role in protecting its members from this behavior.

I make some stupid comments, don't proofread and have been an asshole in the past. Acknowledged. I try today be a good citizen and provide good content here, for example threads I have started:

Must See Documentaries
http://www.styleforum.net/t/234625/must-see-documentaries

Trolling the Stern Show
http://www.styleforum.net/t/331151/trolling-the-stern-show

Finding Bigfoot (best thread on this fora, IMO)
http://www.styleforum.net/t/285651/finding-bigfoot

Antiques, antiques auctions, recent purchases and discussion
http://www.styleforum.net/t/330331/antiques-antiques-auctions-recent-purchases-and-discussion

Must Hear Podcasts
http://www.styleforum.net/t/316887/must-hear-podcasts

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion
http://www.styleforum.net/t/286642/formula-1-f1-current-season-discussion

Down Comforter recommendations
http://www.styleforum.net/t/320044/down-comforter-recommendations

Verizon Rant - better alternative to provided DVR?
http://www.styleforum.net/t/316667/verizon-rant-better-alternative-to-provided-dvr

Among many others. I actively participate in many threads. The wine thread, for example, where he trolls me endlessly.

In the Cars we Drive thread it has culminated here about my PM to him:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I'll just say my reply to your rather high-handed whine was that I believe in stories of redemption and that it was all up to you. We can all see how you've sought redemption in the eyes of the forum. Speaking of which, where are you keeping the Douche of the Year award?

Redemption? That dick Bhowie was timed out for a week because he made a gross comment about my mother. Assholes here, including Piobaire started to pile on. I PM'd Bhowie and a few others this wasn't funny because my mom is a cancer survivor and lucky to be alive. What did Piobaire do? Basically shit on me again. And Bhowie who I also sent a PM? He created a thread about mother jokes. What a funny guy! EdinaAtlanta? Same thing, I sent him a PM, what did he do? Look at his post history. He created a thread called "Free Bhowie" and copied my avatar after I let him know how insensitive that joke was and to leave me along (before he started that thread, mind you).

I PM'd a number of people to let them know divorce sucks and this was a nice place to forget about it. But did some provide a normal 40 year old guy with kids get any quarter from these jerks? No. And did moderation try and set boundaries? Beyond 1 timeout? No.

So fuck StyleForum. If moderation won't set limits on these assholes I'm leaving. Go ahead and post your 'good', 'leave', ' you're an idiot' comments, like I care. The sycophants will start joining right in.

Can the moderation of this site please take a more active role in stopping these abusive members here? I'd like to participate but members like Piobaire are unwilling to leave me along and insist on abusing me. Should this thread require more evidence, I can provide approx 40 posts which show the trail of this members abusive behavior.


I encourage any member her to inspect my post history to see if my intentions here are just to talk about stuff I am interested in:

http://www.styleforum.net/forums/posts/by_user/id/39502
Edited by idfnl - 1/14/13 at 8:54pm
post #11796 of 15051
post #11797 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post


Bring it on


post #11798 of 15051
Are you threatening to leave, idfnl?
post #11799 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

Are you threatening to leave, idfnl?


post #11800 of 15051
Please, allow me to retort.
post #11801 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post


You really aren't using the popcorn thing correctly here.
post #11802 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Can you substantiate what you say here? I was quoting what I read on the wiki page, so send an email to the author if you're really wondering.

Although you're trolling me, anecdotally I believe the % of corking we notice is probably less than the WS article. But you're trolling me so I know that that post above is the one that's not serious, because you're trolling me you don't really care what I really think because again, you're trolling me. So send an email to APCOR to complain about their research instead of trolling me itstillmatt, the one that everyone knows trolls because he's desperate for people to think he's really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

Are you off of your meds or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

No itsstillmatt, the troll. I'm trying to have a normal conversation about a wine related topic that you and Bhowie (who is timed out because he made an offensive comment about my mother here) is trying to derail thru unsubstantiated commentary which likely serves only the purpose of undermining me here.

Leave me alone, please. Post reported.



Now mind you Matt is a smart guy and actually has good info when he doesn't want to be a jerk, so JUST YESTERDAY this happened:

Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I'm a train wreck with non-stick. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Anyway, I prefer a cast iron frying pan. I have one of these:

http://www.polyvore.com/iittala_tools_cast_iron_fry/thing?id=9579641

Awful pic, I don't think its made any more.

I have this nice Woll non-stick and have wrecked it. Has anyone solved how not to destroy one of these? I've gone thru like 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

How did you destroy this pan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Simple answer is that it doesn't non-stick anymore. It seems to develop this flat color, that sheen from the non-stick surface disappears and then I'm left with a pan that unless I heat it at high heat I'm fucked. It just sticks.

I'm not sure how to maintain it, washing, etc. What is the correct method? The lady at the store told me just water but that's a bit gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

Nonstick wears off after a time, but it is a pretty long time. Washing is just soap and hot water, nothing abrasive and a soft sponge, not a green one. I've honestly never had this problem, maybe try a different brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

So I used a 'faux' abrasive pad, and my former significant other ran it in the DW which I wasn't sure was damaging or not. I got 2 years max from that Woll before I started to notice stick.

So I cant use that plasticy pad? I rubbed very lightly. And how long should one last?






And now he's here making popcorn. Bring it Matt.
post #11803 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

Please, allow me to retort.

post #11804 of 15051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

Please, allow me to retort.


Please do Bhowie. And post the PM where I told you your stupid joke wasn't funny because my mom is a cancer survivor.

And then, like the cancer you are you did this:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/331140/non-consensual-mother-jokes/0_40

"Non Consentual Mother Jokes" - so funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

This is a place to drop those well timed mother jokes. They might not be consensual, so please leave them here.

"Please leave them here" - like that cool kid in Steubenville,Ohio that made fun of the rape girl in that vid? You know, that type of person. Should I post the vid so everyone can see what type of person you are? Post my PM to you here Bhowie? Or is Dumb Threads the only place you can relate to the world?
post #11805 of 15051
Though I've been here a long time now (long enough to remember when piobaire was an annoying noob that posted too much), I don't participate enough to be aware of any of idfnl's backstory. I'll just note though that I honestly can't tell if that post was sincere, despite the seemingly sincere tone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II