or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Site Topics - Part II - Page 740

post #11086 of 15052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Any mods mind if I bump down black magic spam with established threads? I'm up while you guys slumber and have a similar time zone with the fucker.

 

I do, actually. As I use the forum, spammers rarely intrude on my enjoyment. Your contentless bumps, however, have me clicking on threads for no reason.

Let the mods do their work, and if you think they're taking too long, say so here.
post #11087 of 15052

Right, because if there is actual content, the bump hides it as the last post...whereas the black magic stuff can just be scrolled through. Fair enough.

 

Not much the mods can do about it while they sleep (and they have jobs and families), so I'm not going to complain about their reaction time.
 

post #11088 of 15052
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Doesn't work, unfortunately. Does it have to do with Java Script? (I disabled that.)
Huh, that's weird. Worked for me every time, both on Windows and Mac. Even alt+s works, apparently. And no, shouldn't have to do anything with JS. Do other shortcuts work? CTRL+R for reload, CTRL+W or F4 for close tab, etc.?
post #11089 of 15052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Any mods mind if I bump down black magic spam with established threads? I'm up while you guys slumber and have a similar time zone with the fucker.

MC isn't my domain, and the mods who cover it may have a different opinion, but I can tell you I'd be annoyed if you did that where I moderate. Useless bumps that don't add content aren't fundamentally different from spam, so going around bumping threads for the sole purpose of moving spam down the page really doesn't create a net benefit.

Edit: Didn't see your last post before I made this one. Looks like you get what I'm saying.
post #11090 of 15052
how about obscure necro-bumps?
post #11091 of 15052
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Huh, that's weird. Worked for me every time, both on Windows and Mac. Even alt+s works, apparently. And no, shouldn't have to do anything with JS. Do other shortcuts work? CTRL+R for reload, CTRL+W or F4 for close tab, etc.?

Yes, those seem to work.
post #11092 of 15052
Back to IE9. Firefox sucks smile.gif

Please fix the go-to-the-right-post-and-not-to-the-top-of-the-page-issue, mods! It worked perfectly in IE before last Thursday. Please.
post #11093 of 15052
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

how about obscure necro-bumps?

They seem to be a way of life in some parts.
post #11094 of 15052
Who is the best person to contact for a name change?
post #11095 of 15052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Who is the best person to contact for a name change?

I think your local Justice of the Peace can help you with that. You might have to fill out some forms, though and then request new identification, Driver's License, Social Security card, etc. Good luck and hope the new name works out.
post #11096 of 15052
^ Well played.
post #11097 of 15052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Who is the best person to contact for a name change?

Have we not yet learned the lesson of sho'nuff?
post #11098 of 15052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Who is the best person to contact for a name change?

rambo, or if that does not work, fok.
post #11099 of 15052
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Back to IE9. Firefox sucks smile.gif
Please fix the go-to-the-right-post-and-not-to-the-top-of-the-page-issue, mods! It worked perfectly in IE before last Thursday. Please.
eek.gif

You need to send that to MS. They will mark this day in their calander and it will from now on be known as the glorious NOBD-day. Champagne will flow.

Srsly, get used to FF (or even better, Chrome!) and you will experience true happiness.
post #11100 of 15052
21 of the last 25 threads started in Business & Career are spam threads, along with 54 of the last 92 in General Chat. Sorry, it's been a struggle to keep up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II