or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Site Topics - Part II - Page 674

post #10096 of 14850
Oh, part of my theory about just staying out of places that don't make you happy. I used to be a very frequent poster in the "happy" and "pissed off" threads. I truly enjoy reading some of the people in there. However, they were both taken over by the culture of bowels. Now, the occasional mention is fine. As I grow older I understand how well one slept last night and the state of one's digestion is going to pretty much determine one's state of happiness/distress. However, the daily update by some posters grew too much. So I just stopped reading on a regular basis. Problem solved, everyone can talk about their bowel movements and I don't have to read about it.
post #10097 of 14850
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post

to be fair what you said was pretty dumb, bhowie was just calling a spade a spade.

I don't want to get down into that sort of stuff. I think it is going to be counter productive. Thank you for for listening, Dolan.

I'm at home with my uveitis bugging the crap out of me. I'm watching the terrible opening ceremony. I will be posting frequently in here.
post #10098 of 14850
Dood, you can go blind from that shit. You under treatment?
post #10099 of 14850
Like I said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post

to be fair what you said was pretty dumb, bhowie was just calling a spade a spade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I thought to myself 'here we go with the fucktards ganging up on me'

By the way, if you read further there is a pretty good debate about the topic and deconstruction. It reads ok.
post #10100 of 14850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

Ok, I can be nasty outside of DT. That is one post of many I've made outside of there. I don't even think 5% of my posts outside of DT have been nasty. I think I can make a defense of most of these posts, but I won't. I'll just take ownership and say I can be nasty outside of DT.
That is still only 1 poster out of the many in DT. There are a lot more posters in there. I named the most prolific posters in DT who also happen to be the most prolific dt'ers in the other forum. I'm asking you to explain what else the problem is.

Again, not attacking you. I was just pointing out it happened. No need to defend as I dont take issue with you.

To be honest, I think I'm getting too entrenched in this position I've taken. I'd like to defer explanation to other members willing to discuss. Let the groupthink to decide whether DT being a proxy for abuse has merit. I do fear the folks that would agree have rather been driven off the fora by now, unfortunately.

So more broadly, I think there is generally too much abuse on the fora. Whether its a proxy of DT may only serve as a distraction.
post #10101 of 14850
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Like I said.
By the way, if you read further there is a pretty good debate about the topic and deconstruction. It reads ok.

but it isn't ganging up at all if you're actually being dumb. has it gotten to the point that any criticism = ganging up? no, if you say something stupid, somebody will inevitably address you accordingly ( and as such, if it is a persistent matter, it will become a defacto persona). again, I'm not saying you are stupid or anything, but that was a really poor choice to illustrate your point (I'll read on for this good debate, but that post as a standalone is pretty bad).

now, you can say that bhowie came across as abrasive or aggressive, but sometimes people do that, especially in an online community. it's the rapport we have around here; shit, I've been told far worse things on this site, and to be honest, most of the time I deserved them. and if I post something stupid in the future, I'm sure someone will be there to tell me I'm a retard and I will fight about it, but later will look back and laugh. but to say that he is unfairly picking on you is ridiculous. what you posted was dumb and was referred to as such.
post #10102 of 14850
I realize that we've all invested heavily on this forum... and the heated debates, the rants, the complaints, etc... shows that in some degree we do care 'bout what happens in this forum. this is a good thing, from my experience with this kind of stuff once a good percentage of members become indifferent that becomes the deathbed of any forum. but I think we all should just step back, let fok, j, the mods and the dh's sort this out privately and see what happens from there. I think all of us who cares got the message.

let's go back to our regular programming.
post #10103 of 14850
I think this DT discussion is a huge distraction from what this was originally about.
post #10104 of 14850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

..

dt time!
post #10105 of 14850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

I think this DT discussion is a huge distraction from what this was originally about.
yes
post #10106 of 14850
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post

but it isn't ganging up at all if you're actually being dumb. has it gotten to the point that any criticism = ganging up? no, if you say something stupid, somebody will inevitably address you accordingly ( and as such, if it is a persistent matter, it will become a defacto persona). again, I'm not saying you are stupid or anything, but that was a really poor choice to illustrate your point (I'll read on for this good debate, but that post as a standalone is pretty bad).
now, you can say that bhowie came across as abrasive or aggressive, but sometimes people do that, especially in an online community. it's the rapport we have around here; shit, I've been told far worse things on this site, and to be honest, most of the time I deserved them. and if I post something stupid in the future, I'm sure someone will be there to tell me I'm a retard and I will fight about it, but later will look back and laugh. but to say that he is unfairly picking on you is ridiculous. what you posted was dumb and was referred to as such.

As we all know 187, you're one of the people nobody is allowed to disagree with and you can attract a pack of hyenas to gang up on someone like nobody's business.

In fact, what Bhowie said was 'dumb', not me, and by proxy your comment too. Its not my job to help you recognize this stuff but take it for what its worth. What I can glean from your logic, you are pretty young and may lack understanding of what it takes to make a good discourse. There are better ways to convey yourself and further the discussion. But what seems to happen too often is the replacement of courtesy with alpha dog bullshit. By calling me stupid, you somehow raise your profile. In reality you just attract hyenas to the party.

And furthermore, this is not the 'rapport we have'. It may be the kind of rapport you want, but I don't really share that sentiment. Go into some of less traveled threads I frequent and you'll find a fantastic vibe that doesn't involve back slapping or cock wagging.

There is a place for what you are hinting at, but its more a garnish than the main course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

I think this DT discussion is a huge distraction from what this was originally about.

Its my fault. I tried to redirect in my other post.

Since Vox left the discussion its gone in a different direction. Sounds like the whole topic is a wrap.
post #10107 of 14850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

I think this DT discussion is a huge distraction from what this was originally about.

Agreed.
post #10108 of 14850
I've been trying to keep my mouth shut about this because I tend to get a bit emotional when the subject of the downfall of this forum comes up. I pre-date everyone in this thread so far save Fok, J, Matt, Manton, and RJ. Don't let the join date fool you, this isn't my first iteration, and not by banning either. I've been here through my own personal death, destruction, resurrection, homelessness, poverty, disease, despair, shame, and just about every other shitty thing that can happen to someone. One of the constants throughout all that has been this forum. Most of you don't know that, or anything about me mostly because I keep my business to myself and have seen what sharing too much publicly here gets you, but this place has been the only place I hang out on the internet for quite some time. I've met some amazing people through this site, and been able to experience things that I never imagined I'd see, all through the help and kindness of the people I've met through here. Its really been incredible for me. Having said that, this place is a pale shadow of what it once was, and it really makes me sad, and quite angry. It started long before the commodization of the forum through Huddler and the infinite ad attack. Long before the entire front page of MC was clogged up with 9 out of 10 threads belonging to someone selling something and the forum's main goal became quantity and not quality. Long before every inbred jackoff with internet access seemingly found this place, signed up, and started posting up whatever piece of shit outfit he was wearing while simultaneously becoming a nuisance to every other good poster on the board. The rot's been seeping in for some time now and its almost at the point where everything needs to be replaced because no one was paying attention and now its too far gone to be repaired.

Short of blowing up this place and starting from scratch (which becomes a more interesting idea to me as each day passes on here), its got to start from the top down. Since J abdicated his duties, Fok's turned into The Man, and Matt left, the ship been lacking someone who can step in and quiet down the inmates. The lack of moderation on here has really been pathetic. Its more than someone just reading reported posts, flagging spam, and banning people. Someone's got to step in and tell people to shut the fuck up. With consequences. The fact that you've empowered people to do it and did not even explain to them what in the hell they could do should be evidence enough that maybe, just maybe, you've fucked up and dropped the ball. And while picking the most respected members of the forum might sound like a good idea in theory, picking the starting squad from Pleasantville isn't really going to leave anyone quaking in their boots. Manton's the only one who I suspect will have the requisite chutzpah to be able to tamp things down BEFORE posts start needing to be deleted. Once you've hit that point you've already lost whatever momentum you were building in the thread and then you're just going to have all the jackoffs here wondering about why all their posts were deleted and "no one ever told me there was an issue".

If anyone needs a reference, just take a look at the WAYWRN thread and see how things have been left to fester. That's actually what prompted me to post - these fucking lemmings are in there talking about this newb's teeth and just taking a piss out of the kid for no other reason than he posted a picture of himself smiling. Its a fucking disgrace. And I don't want to hear any shit from you mods about "well, we didn't know" or "no one told us". People have been bitching about this shit for weeks. And not just MC. SW&D, CE, DT they've all got posters who are doing nothing but shitting up the forum and making things miserable for everyone else. All the braying and gnashing of teeth over the "things that are good/bad" threads could have been killed several times over if someone with some authority would have just said "next person who posts about their bowel movement, or a fucking snack cake, is getting 2 weeks timeout." Did that happen? Obviously not. How someone like Arthur PE ended up at 700+ posts before someone decided to step up to the plate and knock him out of the park is a complete fucking mystery.

Also, this special flower idea is ridiculous. This forum needs WAY less special flower treatment and WAY more of people being told to just stand up, step away from the keyboard, and shut the fuck up. And leave DT alone. You people who don't like it need to just take your shit and get out of there. Frankly, its one of the only redeeming areas on the forum left. The reason its gotten so shitty lately is because the good posters don't want to have to deal with the jackoff's who currently make up 60-70% of the posters in there. Again, lack of moderation. CE's the same way. But CE's ALWAYS been that way. The problem now is that the degenerates are being allowed to bleed into other parts of the forum, most prominently, DT. You really don't see too much of this shit in Fine Living and Social Life. I suspect its because those forums are just generally boring by themselves and these people see no benefit in stirring up the shit in there.
Edited by Rambo - 7/28/12 at 8:18am
post #10109 of 14850
yo son, your keyboard has an enter key... you even used it once by accident.
post #10110 of 14850
Hey Rambo, shut the fuck up
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Site Topics - Part II