Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6655
Styleforum Top Pickspost #99812 of 1176688/14/13 at 3:37pmpost #99813 of 1176688/14/13 at 3:38pmpost #99814 of 1176688/14/13 at 3:40pmpost #99815 of 1176688/14/13 at 3:49pmpost #99816 of 1176688/14/13 at 3:55pmQuote:
not sure if i agree. but hey, who am i to argue with science. or sipang for that that matter.Quote:And can we stop calling the tiniest bit of fashion knowledge intellectual masturbation ffs.
i think people just like saying, masturbation.post #99817 of 1176688/14/13 at 3:59pmQuote:
I prefer well-styled one brand fits to those that are just a collection of #fashion items whose only pretense of association is that universal fashion superglue (black colourway).post #99818 of 1176688/14/13 at 4:01pmpost #99819 of 1176688/14/13 at 4:08pmpost #99820 of 1176688/14/13 at 5:39pmpost #99821 of 1176688/14/13 at 5:42pmpost #99822 of 1176688/14/13 at 6:30pmpost #99823 of 1176688/14/13 at 6:36pmpost #99824 of 1176688/14/13 at 6:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Working Stiff
am I out of line to think that like those painted GATs are kind of a joke of "here's some old sneakers with house paint on them that are really expensive" or the MMM stuff where they took found clothing and reproduced it as "fashion." This was playful yes? Do I not get it? I like fashion but it is funny yes?
No, you're wrong, the motif of white paint over everything is a much deeper part of MMM's DNA and is a way to put everythng on the same neutral level; found objects, old furniture, new luxurious jackets, chandeliers etc.. In other words the label erases historical references or social references and starts with a fresh base, making items it's own by making them empty canvases. No content and even the destruction of content as an instantly recognizable design touch. Quite clever really.post #99825 of 1176688/14/13 at 6:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
No, you're wrong, the motif of white paint over everything is a much deeper part of MMM's DNA and is a way to put everythng on the same neutral level; found objects, old furniture, new luxurious jackets, chandeliers etc.. In other words the label erases historical references or social references and starts with a fresh base, making items it's own by making them empty canvases. No content and even the destruction of content as an instantly recognizable design touch. Quite clever really.
This reminds me of the Brand Spirit tumblr, which you all need to check out if you haven't already
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1105 Active Users (175 Members and 930 Guests)
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 13 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 17 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 21 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 22 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 28 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 32 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...