Stanley, I'm astonished -- what would your wife think?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6553
Styleforum Top Picks
think the top half would match the bottom half if the pants were a tad looser and maybe rolled up once more. would probably look better with diff shoes as well but those work
edit: would also like to see the jacket unbuttoned but I feel like I'm ripping apart your fit and telling you to change everything. lol.
haha no problem. The pants really are quite loose (still getting out of the whole 'perfect fit' mindset), but probably aren't properly shown in the crappy photo. Will keep my eye out for something else oversized that I like. I usually do wear the jacket unbuttoned - agreed that it looks better
Still working on getting a few more interesting pieces to work in. Thanks!
For once in my life, I'm going to avoid snark provide the diplomatic translation of jet's blunt comment. Through no real fault of your own, your perception of what looks good has been molded by the current #menswear phenomenon. Clothes that are not CLASSIC! TIMELESS! WORTHY OF DON DRAPER'S CLOSET! are seen as ghastly and unattractive. Age and forum seniority don't necessarily make someone an authority on what looks good, but they help. These people generally have familiarized themselves with the "classics," and the more avant-garde vision of what clothing can be. It's not necessarily about LIKING these unorthodox looks. It's about being able to form an opinion on them either way based on an actual understanding of designer intent versus declaring that someone in all black looks like Count Orlok just because you have a myopic vision of what good outfits are supposed to look like.
In short, feel free to stick around, but do get a better understanding of the designers and styles favored around here before spouting off about how bad something looks.
I didn't ask for this.
come on guys let's not be mean to people from the other side of the fence. He is obviously checking us out because he has (I am guessing) heard some positive things about SWD. It might take him a whole to get used to different silhouettes coming from MC but we should at least give him the time to adjust.
if you're going to quote multi posts at once please use the multi quote tool on here and edit in a spoiler to the pictures so that your posts don't make unnecessary clutter. thank you.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29th AUGUST: THE 'ALL BLUES' CHALLENGE 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Inis Meain knitwear 2 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › NEW mismo backpack dark navy MS 6 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)