Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6552post #98266 of 1176687/20/13 at 12:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #98267 of 1176687/20/13 at 12:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by DP92
Sure, I'd welcome any meeting. Anyone who wants to visit the UK I'll put you up and feed you. Have some major money coming in again soon so gonna take a long break from work. I have more than enough to retire on but, eh, I am a greedy piece of work :P.
Be cool to meet like minded people and make connections.
I can smell gold-diggers out from a mile off so don't even try pulling the cashmere over my eyes.
what a modest man ;-)post #98268 of 1176687/20/13 at 1:18pmpost #98269 of 1176687/20/13 at 2:02pmpost #98270 of 1176687/20/13 at 2:31pm
For once in my life, I'm going to avoid snark provide the diplomatic translation of jet's blunt comment. Through no real fault of your own, your perception of what looks good has been molded by the current #menswear phenomenon. Clothes that are not CLASSIC! TIMELESS! WORTHY OF DON DRAPER'S CLOSET! are seen as ghastly and unattractive. Age and forum seniority don't necessarily make someone an authority on what looks good, but they help. These people generally have familiarized themselves with the "classics," and the more avant-garde vision of what clothing can be. It's not necessarily about LIKING these unorthodox looks. It's about being able to form an opinion on them either way based on an actual understanding of designer intent versus declaring that someone in all black looks like Count Orlok just because you have a myopic vision of what good outfits are supposed to look like.
In short, feel free to stick around, but do get a better understanding of the designers and styles favored around here before spouting off about how bad something looks.post #98271 of 1176687/20/13 at 3:17pmpost #98272 of 1176687/20/13 at 4:40pmpost #98273 of 1176687/20/13 at 4:40pmpost #98274 of 1176687/20/13 at 4:50pmpost #98275 of 1176687/20/13 at 5:10pmpost #98276 of 1176687/20/13 at 6:17pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You look like a boss. I really like the pop of the shirt and the red socks really tie the outfit together. Very nice..
Edited by Eli Dion - 7/21/13 at 11:41ampost #98277 of 1176687/20/13 at 6:35pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I would be careful with the use of all black with your complexion. It really clashes with your skin tone. I'm also not a huge fan of the shorts. I think a different fabric would be much better.
Edited by Eli Dion - 7/21/13 at 11:41ampost #98278 of 1176687/20/13 at 6:45pmpost #98279 of 1176687/20/13 at 7:37pmpost #98280 of 1176687/20/13 at 7:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cole
think the top half would match the bottom half if the pants were a tad looser and maybe rolled up once more. would probably look better with diff shoes as well but those work
edit: would also like to see the jacket unbuttoned but I feel like I'm ripping apart your fit and telling you to change everything. lol.
haha no problem. The pants really are quite loose (still getting out of the whole 'perfect fit' mindset), but probably aren't properly shown in the crappy photo. Will keep my eye out for something else oversized that I like. I usually do wear the jacket unbuttoned - agreed that it looks betterQuote:
Still working on getting a few more interesting pieces to work in. Thanks!
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › Ludwig Reiter Shell Cordovan Budapester 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge April 27th, 2015: The Knit Tie 5 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...