Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6552
Styleforum Top Picks
Sure, I'd welcome any meeting. Anyone who wants to visit the UK I'll put you up and feed you. Have some major money coming in again soon so gonna take a long break from work. I have more than enough to retire on but, eh, I am a greedy piece of work :P.
Be cool to meet like minded people and make connections.
I can smell gold-diggers out from a mile off so don't even try pulling the cashmere over my eyes.
what a modest man ;-)
For once in my life, I'm going to avoid snark provide the diplomatic translation of jet's blunt comment. Through no real fault of your own, your perception of what looks good has been molded by the current #menswear phenomenon. Clothes that are not CLASSIC! TIMELESS! WORTHY OF DON DRAPER'S CLOSET! are seen as ghastly and unattractive. Age and forum seniority don't necessarily make someone an authority on what looks good, but they help. These people generally have familiarized themselves with the "classics," and the more avant-garde vision of what clothing can be. It's not necessarily about LIKING these unorthodox looks. It's about being able to form an opinion on them either way based on an actual understanding of designer intent versus declaring that someone in all black looks like Count Orlok just because you have a myopic vision of what good outfits are supposed to look like.
In short, feel free to stick around, but do get a better understanding of the designers and styles favored around here before spouting off about how bad something looks.
You look like a boss. I really like the pop of the shirt and the red socks really tie the outfit together. Very nice..
Edited by Eli Dion - 7/21/13 at 11:41am
I would be careful with the use of all black with your complexion. It really clashes with your skin tone. I'm also not a huge fan of the shorts. I think a different fabric would be much better.
Edited by Eli Dion - 7/21/13 at 11:41am
think the top half would match the bottom half if the pants were a tad looser and maybe rolled up once more. would probably look better with diff shoes as well but those work
edit: would also like to see the jacket unbuttoned but I feel like I'm ripping apart your fit and telling you to change everything. lol.
haha no problem. The pants really are quite loose (still getting out of the whole 'perfect fit' mindset), but probably aren't properly shown in the crappy photo. Will keep my eye out for something else oversized that I like. I usually do wear the jacket unbuttoned - agreed that it looks better
Still working on getting a few more interesting pieces to work in. Thanks!
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 5 minutes ago
- › NIB - Edward Green for RLPL "Stern" 11D. Drop 12-5 6 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...