Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6552post #98266 of 1176687/20/13 at 12:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #98267 of 1176687/20/13 at 12:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by DP92
Sure, I'd welcome any meeting. Anyone who wants to visit the UK I'll put you up and feed you. Have some major money coming in again soon so gonna take a long break from work. I have more than enough to retire on but, eh, I am a greedy piece of work :P.
Be cool to meet like minded people and make connections.
I can smell gold-diggers out from a mile off so don't even try pulling the cashmere over my eyes.
what a modest man ;-)post #98268 of 1176687/20/13 at 1:18pmpost #98269 of 1176687/20/13 at 2:02pmpost #98270 of 1176687/20/13 at 2:31pm
For once in my life, I'm going to avoid snark provide the diplomatic translation of jet's blunt comment. Through no real fault of your own, your perception of what looks good has been molded by the current #menswear phenomenon. Clothes that are not CLASSIC! TIMELESS! WORTHY OF DON DRAPER'S CLOSET! are seen as ghastly and unattractive. Age and forum seniority don't necessarily make someone an authority on what looks good, but they help. These people generally have familiarized themselves with the "classics," and the more avant-garde vision of what clothing can be. It's not necessarily about LIKING these unorthodox looks. It's about being able to form an opinion on them either way based on an actual understanding of designer intent versus declaring that someone in all black looks like Count Orlok just because you have a myopic vision of what good outfits are supposed to look like.
In short, feel free to stick around, but do get a better understanding of the designers and styles favored around here before spouting off about how bad something looks.post #98271 of 1176687/20/13 at 3:17pmpost #98272 of 1176687/20/13 at 4:40pmpost #98273 of 1176687/20/13 at 4:40pmpost #98274 of 1176687/20/13 at 4:50pmpost #98275 of 1176687/20/13 at 5:10pmpost #98276 of 1176687/20/13 at 6:17pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You look like a boss. I really like the pop of the shirt and the red socks really tie the outfit together. Very nice..
Edited by Eli Dion - 7/21/13 at 11:41ampost #98277 of 1176687/20/13 at 6:35pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I would be careful with the use of all black with your complexion. It really clashes with your skin tone. I'm also not a huge fan of the shorts. I think a different fabric would be much better.
Edited by Eli Dion - 7/21/13 at 11:41ampost #98278 of 1176687/20/13 at 6:45pmpost #98279 of 1176687/20/13 at 7:37pmpost #98280 of 1176687/20/13 at 7:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cole
think the top half would match the bottom half if the pants were a tad looser and maybe rolled up once more. would probably look better with diff shoes as well but those work
edit: would also like to see the jacket unbuttoned but I feel like I'm ripping apart your fit and telling you to change everything. lol.
haha no problem. The pants really are quite loose (still getting out of the whole 'perfect fit' mindset), but probably aren't properly shown in the crappy photo. Will keep my eye out for something else oversized that I like. I usually do wear the jacket unbuttoned - agreed that it looks betterQuote:
Still working on getting a few more interesting pieces to work in. Thanks!
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › NWT 10D Tod's No_Code Crepe-Sole Suede Desert Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › More Eidos Napoli Clearance Jackets 36, 38, 42, 44, 46 6 minutes ago
- › Seattle real estate 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 15 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 20 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...