or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6517  

post #97741 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Mrs. MoK (or FoK shog[1].gif) is okay with this detour into drape-land?

Also, has MC disowned you?

Mrs MoK has a lot more to put up with from me than just drapey trousers smile.gif

I think MC gave up on me a long time ago. If I'd have hung around much longer Manton would have self-combusted. biggrin.gif
post #97742 of 117670
lol just let them be

on the other hand, as much as I am tired with all the silly "timeless" talk, I'd still say that a proper black tie (tux) is almost transcendental... it makes anyone look good and the uniformity leaves no room for peacocking. in that regards I do respect black tie as close to "timeless".
post #97743 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir View Post

lol just let them be

on the other hand, as much as I am tired with all the silly "timeless" talk, I'd still say that a proper black tie (tux) is almost transcendental... it makes anyone look good and the uniformity leaves no room for peacocking. in that regards I do respect black tie as close to "timeless".

Yes, you're right. There is only one style of tuxedo, one universally accepted definition of "proper black-tie," and there is certainly only one objectively definite way to "look good."
post #97744 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

Yes, you're right. There is only one style of tuxedo, one universally accepted definition of "proper black-tie," and there is certainly only one objectively definite way to "look good."

Exactly, and this is why it's always a brilliant idea to take the opportunity to have a tailor make one for you for cheap if you're in Thailand or somewhere similar, you're almost guaranteed it will look great.
post #97745 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

Yes, you're right. There is only one style of tuxedo, one universally accepted definition of "proper black-tie," and there is certainly only one objectively definite way to "look good."
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

Exactly, and this is why it's always a brilliant idea to take the opportunity to have a tailor make one for you for cheap if you're in Thailand or somewhere similar, you're almost guaranteed it will look great.

Why is everyone so catty, the dude wasn't being a dick just expressing an unpopular experience.
post #97746 of 117670
It's fun to do bad things.
post #97747 of 117670
nawwwh can't be bothered to debate my point I just feel that black tie's cool enough for SW&D

something about them B&W palette
post #97748 of 117670
AppleMark

Details



One of My Favorite Views in the Caribbean......Megans Beach, St. Thomas - Virgin Islands

AppleMark

Reef Green Orlebar Brown Linen Shirt
White Orlebar Brown Setters
Ochre/Cream Maison Martin Margiela Espadrillas
Tortoise/Gold Maison Martin Margiela Cable Temple Glasses
post #97749 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

Exactly, and this is why it's always a brilliant idea to take the opportunity to have a tailor make one for you for cheap if you're in Thailand or somewhere similar, you're almost guaranteed it will look great.

is it wrong that i don't find this to be a terrible idea?

(then again i don't know about tailors in thailand and the pitfalls therein, but getting an item like that custom fitted at a place where you can do it fairly cheaply doesn't seem totally awful?)
post #97750 of 117670
^custom fitted will not always yield great aesthetics... unless you really really know about tailoring as well as the tailor's capabilities. third world tailors underwent different training... I know from observing my friend's locally made suit (Indonesian). Ugly fabric; no sense of shape, fused...

a good suit coming from such arrangements mentioned by KoY is the exception rather than the rule.
post #97751 of 117670
Isn't HK pretty much the only non-European destination with skilled cheap/fast tailors?
post #97752 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post


One of My Favorite Views in the Caribbean......Megans Beach, St. Thomas - Virgin Islands

 

 

Magens Bay teacha.gif

 

 

looks like you are standing at/near Drake's Seat?

post #97753 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

One of My Favorite Views in the Caribbean......Megans Beach, St. Thomas - Virgin Islands
 

Magens Bay teacha.gif
looks like you are standing at/near Drake's Seat?

Doh! thats how I heard the locals call it so I assumed Megan like a girls name. I'm a St. Maarten guy so I'm still discovering St. Thomas (this view has made me want to comeback again and again though)...If drakes seat is the one with all the parrots you can feed, then thats the one haha

Edit Stanley Nope, it wasn't drakes seat. It was a place called the mountain top where you could feed parrots, right outside a mall like place


Edited by RegisDB9 - 7/9/13 at 12:26pm
post #97754 of 117670

i dunno who has the better lifestyle, regis, nicelynice or the neoinfinity guy.  

post #97755 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

 

Magens Bay teacha.gif

 

 

looks like you are standing at/near Drake's Seat?

 

 

Yeah it looks like he is.  I know I have an almost identical picture to the one Regis posted from many years ago but I can't find it now :(

 

Here is this one instead

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread