Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6505post #97561 of 1176687/5/13 at 10:14am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #97562 of 1176687/5/13 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Navy shirt ftw. In the Linen - check series:
More Ode to Summer from the last couple of weeks (Click to show)
(Last two are linen/cotton.)
And before (Click to show)post #97563 of 1176687/5/13 at 11:18ampost #97564 of 1176687/5/13 at 11:21ampost #97565 of 1176687/5/13 at 11:24ampost #97566 of 1176687/5/13 at 11:27am
lol yeah, I had to get the red white and blue in there somehow
you've got the same ones from Uniqlo? I was in there last week to get some underwear and socks and saw these. Didn't want any more shorts but at $20 hard to pass up and I'm really liking them for how light weight they are. I wish there were more patterns that were good but I didn't really want any florals. I also got these $15 terrycloth ones for lounging around the apartment in that I can't find on the website and I'm hooked.post #97567 of 1176687/5/13 at 11:37ampost #97568 of 1176687/5/13 at 11:39ampost #97569 of 1176687/5/13 at 11:43ampost #97570 of 1176687/5/13 at 11:45ampost #97571 of 1176687/5/13 at 11:55amQuote:Originally Posted by conceptual 4est
you've got the same ones from Uniqlo? I was in there last week to get some underwear and socks and saw these. Didn't want any more shorts but at $20 hard to pass up and I'm really liking them for how light weight they are. I wish there were more patterns that were good but I didn't really want any florals. I also got these $15 terrycloth ones for lounging around the apartment in that I can't find on the website and I'm hooked.
Yeah I got the same print and everything. They're nice because most of the summer it's been 95 degrees and up, except this week when it cooled down to the mid-80s, but at the same time I can't figure out which shirts to wear with them. I still wear them all the time because of how light they are though.post #97572 of 1176687/5/13 at 12:09pmpost #97573 of 1176687/5/13 at 1:34pmpost #97574 of 1176687/5/13 at 1:43pmpost #97575 of 1176687/5/13 at 1:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zaymer
Image (Click to show)It is sufficient to say I am new to this. Thus I could use some advice.
I'll go ahead and give this one a shot. Here would be my basic, entry level suggestions:
Hair: not doing you any favors, however my hair type is much different from yours, so not sure what I'd recommend
Frames: not a good look, looks very childish to me. I'd recommend Warby Parker for some cheap decent looking frame options.
Shirt: polo shirts are pretty universally disliked on this forum, and that one fits way too large and is being worn with a white undershirt. For very basic outfit suggestions I'd recommend basic plain t shirts in subdued/muted colors (American Apparel, Uniqlo, Asos, etc) and basic button-up oxford style shirts (Uniqlo, Gap on sale, etc).
Jeans: not a very good looking wash, and very poor fitting from the picture. I'd recommend a basic dark denim, in a slim straight-skinny cut. This might be the hardest transition for you; as it doesn't look like you're much of a slimmer-style jean wearer; but it'll look much better than those that you're wearing. Uniqlo or Levi's 514/511/507 are good options for this.
Shoes: current shoes are bad, relegate to back of closet for working out and yard work. Basic low profile shoes are the usual Vans/Chuck Taylor/Jack Purcell/etc, choose your poison.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 5 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 12 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 16 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...