Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6505post #97561 of 1176667/5/13 at 11:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #97562 of 1176667/5/13 at 11:21ampost #97563 of 1176667/5/13 at 11:24ampost #97564 of 1176667/5/13 at 11:27am
lol yeah, I had to get the red white and blue in there somehow
you've got the same ones from Uniqlo? I was in there last week to get some underwear and socks and saw these. Didn't want any more shorts but at $20 hard to pass up and I'm really liking them for how light weight they are. I wish there were more patterns that were good but I didn't really want any florals. I also got these $15 terrycloth ones for lounging around the apartment in that I can't find on the website and I'm hooked.post #97565 of 1176667/5/13 at 11:37ampost #97566 of 1176667/5/13 at 11:39ampost #97567 of 1176667/5/13 at 11:43ampost #97568 of 1176667/5/13 at 11:45ampost #97569 of 1176667/5/13 at 11:55amQuote:Originally Posted by conceptual 4est
you've got the same ones from Uniqlo? I was in there last week to get some underwear and socks and saw these. Didn't want any more shorts but at $20 hard to pass up and I'm really liking them for how light weight they are. I wish there were more patterns that were good but I didn't really want any florals. I also got these $15 terrycloth ones for lounging around the apartment in that I can't find on the website and I'm hooked.
Yeah I got the same print and everything. They're nice because most of the summer it's been 95 degrees and up, except this week when it cooled down to the mid-80s, but at the same time I can't figure out which shirts to wear with them. I still wear them all the time because of how light they are though.post #97570 of 1176667/5/13 at 12:09pmpost #97571 of 1176667/5/13 at 1:34pmpost #97572 of 1176667/5/13 at 1:43pmpost #97573 of 1176667/5/13 at 1:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zaymer
Image (Click to show)It is sufficient to say I am new to this. Thus I could use some advice.
I'll go ahead and give this one a shot. Here would be my basic, entry level suggestions:
Hair: not doing you any favors, however my hair type is much different from yours, so not sure what I'd recommend
Frames: not a good look, looks very childish to me. I'd recommend Warby Parker for some cheap decent looking frame options.
Shirt: polo shirts are pretty universally disliked on this forum, and that one fits way too large and is being worn with a white undershirt. For very basic outfit suggestions I'd recommend basic plain t shirts in subdued/muted colors (American Apparel, Uniqlo, Asos, etc) and basic button-up oxford style shirts (Uniqlo, Gap on sale, etc).
Jeans: not a very good looking wash, and very poor fitting from the picture. I'd recommend a basic dark denim, in a slim straight-skinny cut. This might be the hardest transition for you; as it doesn't look like you're much of a slimmer-style jean wearer; but it'll look much better than those that you're wearing. Uniqlo or Levi's 514/511/507 are good options for this.
Shoes: current shoes are bad, relegate to back of closet for working out and yard work. Basic low profile shoes are the usual Vans/Chuck Taylor/Jack Purcell/etc, choose your poison.post #97574 of 1176667/5/13 at 2:20pmpost #97575 of 1176667/5/13 at 2:24pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › Help! Tom Ford Tuxedo lapel asymmetrical! Can it be fixed? 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...