mer6 - imo a pair of slimmer fitting jeans and one size up on the tee would look better
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6482
Styleforum Top Pickspost #97217 of 1176666/30/13 at 4:27ampost #97218 of 1176666/30/13 at 6:57ampost #97219 of 1176666/30/13 at 7:39ampost #97220 of 1176666/30/13 at 8:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Come at me, bro. I'll slice off your testes and wear them like a bolo tie. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
hendrix - that looks really cool.
MoK - love the vest.post #97221 of 1176666/30/13 at 8:44ampost #97222 of 1176666/30/13 at 9:48amQuote:
I personally love mixing less expensive and more expensive stuff. Eg. a uniqlo tee (below 20 bucks) and MMM sneakers (above 500 bucks). It's fun like this. Making a rule of wearing everything expensive at the same time is kinda meh and boring.post #97223 of 1176666/30/13 at 9:55ampost #97224 of 1176666/30/13 at 10:51amQuote:
Sounds like peasant talk.
In all seriousness, cheap beater clothes are always going to be a lot more more "meh" than anything expensive [that you bothered to spend money on], so your statement does not make a lot of sense unless you mean "boring" as in "everything on my body is designer cashmere so no I won't go paintballing with you right now."
Wearing some cheaper items is unavoidable because wearing all Lanvin all the time is impossible for anyone without unlimited discretionary spending. That doesn't mean you have to justify it by saying wearing nice clothes exclusively would be somehow undesirable. That's silly.post #97225 of 1176666/30/13 at 11:23am
I've seen rich peasants (of both sexes) and rich low-life bums, the ones with a lot of money but no class - wear everything super expensive. And they look god awful in that expensive outfit because they have no taste. They have no clue on how to combine one item with another (regardless of the price of these items). In your post you so sounded a bit like one of these people. Hopefully you aren't. Knowing how to combine less expensive clothes with more expensive clothes is a gift. Not everyone possesses this gift but the ones who do (and I've seen such people, some people on this forum included, myself excluded) look terrific.post #97226 of 1176666/30/13 at 11:35ampost #97227 of 1176666/30/13 at 11:39ampost #97228 of 1176666/30/13 at 11:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Jbravo
I've seen rich peasants (of both sexes) and rich low-life bums, the ones with a lot of money but no class - wear everything super expensive. And they look god awful in that expensive outfit because they have no taste. They have no clue on how to combine one item with another (regardless of the price of these items). In your post you so sounded a bit like one of these people. Hopefully you aren't. Knowing how to combine less expensive clothes with more expensive clothes is a gift. Not everyone possesses this gift but the ones who do (and I've seen such people, some people on this forum included, myself excluded) look terrific.
This is nonsense. Why do you think expensive equals gaudy? I could assemble a $7000 outfit by Kiton and a $70 outfit by Uniqlo, and from low-resolution photos you might not be able to tell them apart. You can't make stupid generalizations about what expensive clothes are and what cheap clothes are. (Or about whether "rich people" know how to coordinate clothing.)
Hence the idiocy I already pointed out of idealizing a "mix of high- and low-end" clothing the way you did, which is becoming a trend among people who don't seem to understand what they are in fact saying (usually people who say things like "I'm so[ooo] into fashion"). Either your outfit looks good or it doesn't; the fact that it the items might represent a variety of price points does not make them any better than if they were all expensive. If anything, they'll be of poorer materials/quality, but sometimes thriftiness trumps opulence. And there are lots of people who look awful in affordable clothing, plain or not.
You half acknowledge the difference between ability to dress well and ability to afford nice clothes when you say some rich people have no taste, but having less money or buying cheaper clothes doesn't magically make outfits any more tasteful. Criticizing the idea of wearing only expensive clothing is just stupid unless you are specifically referring to some gaudy idiot or someone who can't afford their purchases.
Edited by GoldenTribe - 6/30/13 at 11:55ampost #97229 of 1176666/30/13 at 11:59am
If you can't comprehend and conceive why mixing some chic, expensive item with a less expensive and simple item does good to the overall look, there's noting I can do. You probably think that people like eg. David Beckham, who wears aididas sneakers with Dior jeans and Bradd Pitt, who wears levi's with CCP and comparable brands, can't afford to buy stuff. I don't see point in continuing this conversation with you.post #97230 of 1176666/30/13 at 12:01pmYou're right, I'll go find someone literate to talk to.Quote:
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 12 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 13 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 14 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?