or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6482  

post #97216 of 117668




inis meain
simon spurr
bespoke.
post #97217 of 117668
hendrix how are the piergiacomis holding up?
post #97218 of 117668

mer6 - imo a pair of slimmer fitting jeans and one size up on the tee would look better

post #97219 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

needs band collar shirt

Thanks bud! I just so happen to have several band collars smile.gif
post #97220 of 117668

photo 91a16d81-872f-46dc-9649-18795f28c906_zpsfb008bb1.jpg

 

Warning: Spoiler! - Brands (Click to show)

A.P.C x 2
Industrie
Buttero

 

Also picked up this bomber. Really like the vivid blue though it's harder to fit into the wardrobe than I thought.

 

photo 1d0c0650-df4e-4140-9eff-dde040e8e906_zpsf35cf7f9.jpg

 

Warning: Spoiler! - Brands (Click to show)

GStar

Our Legacy
Ksubi
Buttero

Edited by elisiX - 6/30/13 at 7:18am
post #97221 of 117668
Those Buttero sneaks are beaaautiful
post #97222 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Come at me, bro. I'll slice off your testes and wear them like a bolo tie. devil.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


GLWTBRO
---

hendrix - that looks really cool.

MoK - love the vest.
post #97223 of 117668


Coming soon
Coming soon
Forever 21 Keds knock offs shog[1].gif
post #97224 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post

yeah shirt is way small and pants fit kinda awkwardly. why buy $5 shirt and $20 jeans and $400 sneakers?


 I personally love mixing less expensive and more expensive stuff. Eg. a uniqlo tee (below 20 bucks) and MMM sneakers (above 500 bucks). It's fun like this. Making a rule of wearing everything expensive at the same time is kinda meh and boring.

post #97225 of 117668
A day early for Canada day, and too warm to wear the W+H jeans, but it's the though that counts shog[1].gifbiggrin.gif



Biltmore - NOS Canadian made
Creep
H&M
Keds
post #97226 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbravo View Post

 I personally love mixing less expensive and more expensive stuff. Eg. a uniqlo tee (below 20 bucks) and MMM sneakers (above 500 bucks). It's fun like this. Making a rule of wearing everything expensive at the same time is kinda meh and boring.

Sounds like peasant talk.

In all seriousness, cheap beater clothes are always going to be a lot more more "meh" than anything expensive [that you bothered to spend money on], so your statement does not make a lot of sense unless you mean "boring" as in "everything on my body is designer cashmere so no I won't go paintballing with you right now."

Wearing some cheaper items is unavoidable because wearing all Lanvin all the time is impossible for anyone without unlimited discretionary spending. That doesn't mean you have to justify it by saying wearing nice clothes exclusively would be somehow undesirable. That's silly.
post #97227 of 117668

 GoldenTribe,

 

 I've seen rich peasants (of both sexes) and rich low-life bums,  the ones with a lot of money but no class - wear everything super expensive. And they look god awful in that expensive outfit because they have no taste. They have no clue on how to combine one item with another (regardless of the price of these items). In your post you so sounded a bit like one of these people. Hopefully you aren't. Knowing how to combine less expensive clothes with more expensive clothes is a gift. Not everyone possesses this gift but the ones who do (and I've seen such people, some people on this forum included, myself excluded) look terrific.

post #97228 of 117668
Gym fit

avy5ahar.jpg
post #97229 of 117668
Damn, I was hoping to see all RO!
post #97230 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbravo View Post

I've seen rich peasants (of both sexes) and rich low-life bums, the ones with a lot of money but no class - wear everything super expensive. And they look god awful in that expensive outfit because they have no taste. They have no clue on how to combine one item with another (regardless of the price of these items). In your post you so sounded a bit like one of these people. Hopefully you aren't. Knowing how to combine less expensive clothes with more expensive clothes is a gift. Not everyone possesses this gift but the ones who do (and I've seen such people, some people on this forum included, myself excluded) look terrific.

This is nonsense. Why do you think expensive equals gaudy? I could assemble a $7000 outfit by Kiton and a $70 outfit by Uniqlo, and from low-resolution photos you might not be able to tell them apart. You can't make stupid generalizations about what expensive clothes are and what cheap clothes are. (Or about whether "rich people" know how to coordinate clothing.) facepalm.gif

Hence the idiocy I already pointed out of idealizing a "mix of high- and low-end" clothing the way you did, which is becoming a trend among people who don't seem to understand what they are in fact saying (usually people who say things like "I'm so[ooo] into fashion"). Either your outfit looks good or it doesn't; the fact that it the items might represent a variety of price points does not make them any better than if they were all expensive. If anything, they'll be of poorer materials/quality, but sometimes thriftiness trumps opulence. And there are lots of people who look awful in affordable clothing, plain or not.

You half acknowledge the difference between ability to dress well and ability to afford nice clothes when you say some rich people have no taste, but having less money or buying cheaper clothes doesn't magically make outfits any more tasteful. Criticizing the idea of wearing only expensive clothing is just stupid unless you are specifically referring to some gaudy idiot or someone who can't afford their purchases.
Edited by GoldenTribe - 6/30/13 at 11:55am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread