or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6460  

post #96886 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

The difference between the two is that in MC people spend 3.000$ on an outfit to look like 3.000$, in SW&D people spend 3.000$ to look like a post apocalyptic japanese junkyard worker. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

 

People on MC don't spend $3,000 on their outfit. The average MC poster is usually a budget shopper who spends a good amount of their money on clothes from Lands End, Brooks Brothers, and other non high end brands. If anything, MC is full of non-ballers wearing 'cheap' clothing but who are trying to look like they're 'ballers.' Most of the guys over there aren't 'wealthy' and don't spend much money on clothes, but they want to project an image where other people think they're important, rich, have class, are james bond, etc. The difference between MC and SWD is that the old dudes over in MC are obsessed with the image they're trying to convey and they're focused on using their clothes to tell the world, "oh look at me, I'm an important person because I wear a suit. I have class and am a proper gentleman." In reality, to me it usually screams "oh look at me, I'm a douche."

 

MC spending habits = 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/102773/whats-the-most-youve-spent-on

http://www.styleforum.net/t/294841/how-much-do-you-spend-on-a-suit

post #96887 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

The difference between MC and SWD is that the old dudes over in MC are obsessed with the image they're trying to convey and they're focused on using their clothes to tell the world, "oh look at me, I'm an important person because I wear a suit. I have class and am a proper gentleman." In reality, to me it usually screams "oh look at me, I'm a douche."

You're deluding yourself if you think there's a big difference. Here it's "oh look at me, I'm an interesting person because I wear an asymmetrical leather jacket. I am unique and not like all these plebs."
post #96888 of 117666
It's like that on both sides. Clothing is a discourse, and there's romance to be embraced on both sides, to an extent. There can be, at least.

Just looking at what a person wears probably won't tell you much about them, but learning why they wear it might.
post #96889 of 117666

post #96890 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Linen check - check

tlIPRfT.jpg

Linen stripe - check

f7hNKav.jpg

Linen - Ode to Summer - So Far (Click to show)
6CtCweh.jpg
post #96891 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

The difference between the two is that in MC people spend 3.000$ on an outfit to look like 3.000$, in SW&D people spend 3.000$ to look like a post apocalyptic japanese junkyard worker. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

 

People on MC don't spend $3,000 on their outfit. The average MC poster is usually a budget shopper who spends a good amount of their money on clothes from Lands End, Brooks Brothers, and other non high end brands. If anything, MC is full of non-ballers wearing 'cheap' clothing but who are trying to look like they're 'ballers.' Most of the guys over there aren't 'wealthy' and don't spend much money on clothes, but they want to project an image where other people think they're important, rich, have class, are james bond, etc. The difference between MC and SWD is that the old dudes over in MC are obsessed with the image they're trying to convey and they're focused on using their clothes to tell the world, "oh look at me, I'm an important person because I wear a suit. I have class and am a proper gentleman." In reality, to me it usually screams "oh look at me, I'm a douche."

 

MC spending habits = 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/102773/whats-the-most-youve-spent-on

http://www.styleforum.net/t/294841/how-much-do-you-spend-on-a-suit

 

no problem if you can't follow my line of reasoning. I'll explain it to you again ;-)

 

The people in MC that spend $3.000 on an outfit, want that their outfit looks like they've spent at least $3.000. The people in SW&D who spend $3.000 on an outfit try to avoid looking like they've spent $3.000, to 99% of the populus.

 

Only the aficionado will be able to discern the $250 baller rick owens layering under shirt with the slutty scoop neck from an ill fitting $7 hanes fine rib, while even the average schmuck is able to tell the well fitting $2500 bespoke suit from the $199 all natural polyester H&M suit.

 

I didn't say that the average MC spends $3.000 bucks, but those that do want everybody to know it from a distance. Land's end to MC is uniqlo to SW&D. Rick Owens for SW&D is Rubinacci for MC.

 

One could argue SW&D is the less vain form of expression. Because spending $3.000 to look like a futuristic scrap yard worker is dedication. devil.gif

post #96892 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfan5 View Post

fit looks good bene. what boots?

JtM4ewg.jpg
BDl2C3n.jpg

Reminds me of a fit pic of Synthese posted quite sometime back with a TOJ baseball suede(iirc) with APC denim and MMM boots.
post #96893 of 117666
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

People on MC don't spend $3,000 on their outfit. The average MC poster is usually a budget shopper who spends a good amount of their money on clothes from Lands End, Brooks Brothers, and other non high end brands. If anything, MC is full of non-ballers wearing 'cheap' clothing but who are trying to look like they're 'ballers.' Most of the guys over there aren't 'wealthy' and don't spend much money on clothes, but they want to project an image where other people think they're important, rich, have class, are james bond, etc. The difference between MC and SWD is that the old dudes over in MC are obsessed with the image they're trying to convey and they're focused on using their clothes to tell the world, "oh look at me, I'm an important person because I wear a suit. I have class and am a proper gentleman." In reality, to me it usually screams "oh look at me, I'm a douche."

MC spending habits = 
http://www.styleforum.net/t/102773/whats-the-most-youve-spent-on

http://www.styleforum.net/t/294841/how-much-do-you-spend-on-a-suit

I'm sure if you do a GOOD amount of research on style, find out what you like, and be inspired, you'll stand out in a positive way, regardless of sw & d or mc.
post #96894 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

 

no problem if you can't follow my line of reasoning. I'll explain it to you again ;-)

 

The people in MC that spend $3.000 on an outfit, want that their outfit looks like they've spent at least $3.000. The people in SW&D who spend $3.000 on an outfit try to avoid looking like they've spent $3.000, to 99% of the populus.

 

Only the aficionado will be able to discern the $250 baller rick owens layering under shirt with the slutty scoop neck from an ill fitting $7 hanes fine rib, while even the average schmuck is able to tell the well fitting $2500 bespoke suit from the $199 all natural polyester H&M suit.

 

I didn't say that the average MC spends $3.000 bucks, but those that do want everybody to know it from a distance. Land's end to MC is uniqlo to SW&D. Rick Owens for SW&D is Rubinacci for MC.

 

One could argue SW&D is the less vain form of expression. Because spending $3.000 to look like a futuristic scrap yard worker is dedication. devil.gif


I am fine with the pursuit of dressing the MC way. It is the faux gentleman persona that they think comes with the style that annoys me to no end. People from America's Bible belt should not be saying "bravo" on a regular basis.

 

oh and the Fashion vs Style debate that they constantly have... facepalm.gif

post #96895 of 117666
MC and SW&D are the yin and yang of SF; MC is necessary. If MC were to ever shut down, SW&D demons would crawl from the hole it left and take over the Earth wearing drop-crotch pants and geobaskets. Japanese post-apocalyptic junkyard indeed.
post #96896 of 117666
Oops and here I was thinking that style forum was a place where you could have a debate on style vs fashion . Guess I should take it over to the Woodworkers
post #96897 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Oops and here I was thinking that style forum was a place where you could have a debate on style vs fashion . Guess I should take it over to the Woodworkers

why do you feel this debate is worthwhile or even possible in the first place?
post #96898 of 117666


It's really hot outside frown.gif

I kinda want to get one of the off white viscose tees that AA has. I think that would look better idk.
post #96899 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DEVOA

Frankly this jacket only looks nice with the collar worn up buttoned. I am letting it cool off outdoors after going through the steamer but I doubt that helped the floppy collar. Just my 2 cents.
I like the fit and movement. Cool details like the lining and 2 button interior chest pockets. I hope it is versatile enough, nahneun shog[1].gif Sleeves a tad long


9105660076_6aea06735f_c.jpg

hmm weird. my collar is floppy, but it doesn't have trouble standing up on its own even while unbuttoned.


also, pretty sure that benes' legs are proportionally short for his height in light of his latest fit pic
post #96900 of 117666
haha no the tank is just very long, there is about a foot more of leg smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread