or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6383  

post #95731 of 117666
That tee is no good Stanley
post #95732 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post

That tee is no good Stanley

 

Well obviously I disagree but let me give you my rationale and maybe it will at least make sense even if you still don't like the shirt itself. The way I see it, most floral button-up shirts still remind me of a baby boomer on vacation, probably on a cruise ship; even if they've "updated the fit for the modern man!" or whatever, the association is still there. The floral tee doesn't have that association for whatever reason, and it feels a lot more louche given the lack of collar and buttons (that probably only existed on the original floral shirts because it wasn't acceptable to not have them at that time). I like the fact that it isn't something that could be worn to the office on casual friday. It's the difference between "I'm not taking myself seriously" and "I'm an office worker desperate to appear as though I am not taking myself seriously."*

 

Also I like the colors.

 

*and there's also probably no way to not look like this if you are, in fact, in an office at the time

post #95733 of 117666
Chilly day today

Hm cheapie sweater
Gucci belt
Apc petite - finally fitting good
Knock off converse $3 make you holla
post #95734 of 117666
snow, they're all cotton, light fabric and very comfy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthwhyte View Post

What's the tank made of? Is that like some rubber/cotton paneling, or just a very shiny print?

that "paint spill" is a rubbery paint ( a bit shiny and heavy ) and rest is cotton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Damn.
I take back my comment a while back about the "weird" shape of those Ann D's. They look awesome here. Guess I just didn't try them on with the right pants.
Now I'm super bummed I slept when they sold on Barneys Warehouse a couple of days ago for cheap.

the only issue i have is they are half size big but will keep as they're pretty much what i was looking for in terms of construction and shape. saw those at barneys sale too. almost want to cop another part for the insane price..
post #95735 of 117666
Is there a size 40?!?!
post #95736 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Well obviously I disagree but let me give you my rationale and maybe it will at least make sense even if you still don't like the shirt itself. The way I see it, most floral button-up shirts still remind me of a baby boomer on vacation, probably on a cruise ship; even if they've "updated the fit for the modern man!" or whatever, the association is still there. The floral tee doesn't have that association for whatever reason, and it feels a lot more louche given the lack of collar and buttons (that probably only existed on the original floral shirts because it wasn't acceptable to not have them at that time). I like the fact that it isn't something that could be worn to the office on casual friday. It's the difference between "I'm not taking myself seriously" and "I'm an office worker desperate to appear as though I am not taking myself seriously."*

Also I like the colors.

*and there's also probably no way to not look like this if you are, in fact, in an office at the time

do what i do-- staple actual flowers to your t-shirt so that, when people object to the pattern, they'll have to contend with the cloud of bees that encircles you. of course bees won't stop internet meanies from critiquing your tee from afar.
post #95737 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Well obviously I disagree but let me give you my rationale and maybe it will at least make sense even if you still don't like the shirt itself. The way I see it, most floral button-up shirts still remind me of a baby boomer on vacation, probably on a cruise ship; even if they've "updated the fit for the modern man!" or whatever, the association is still there. The floral tee doesn't have that association for whatever reason, and it feels a lot more louche given the lack of collar and buttons (that probably only existed on the original floral shirts because it wasn't acceptable to not have them at that time). I like the fact that it isn't something that could be worn to the office on casual friday. It's the difference between "I'm not taking myself seriously" and "I'm an office worker desperate to appear as though I am not taking myself seriously."*

Also I like the colors.

*and there's also probably no way to not look like this if you are, in fact, in an office at the time

do what i do-- staple actual flowers to your t-shirt so that, when people object to the pattern, they'll have to contend with the cloud of bees that encircles you. of course bees won't stop internet meanies from critiquing your tee from afar.

 

oprah-s-bee-give-away-o.gif

post #95738 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

do what i do-- staple actual flowers to your t-shirt so that, when people object to the pattern, they'll have to contend with the cloud of bees that encircles you. of course bees won't stop internet meanies from critiquing your tee from afar.

post #95739 of 117666
"Beads?"

"BEES!"
post #95740 of 117666
"Beads?"

"BEES!"
post #95741 of 117666
Been a while.



Tee feels wrong when I look at the picture but c'est la vie.

Peir Wu/Uniqlo/Zam Barrett/Rachel Comey
post #95742 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

Thanks, yeah, shoes are Carmina, the Epaulet ones (duh?), so Inca last and Caramel calfskin.

i figured. i was pretty pissed that they were all out of my size. i found a very similar color though on the same last from leatherfoot.
Quote:
Debated this purchase a bit, and I realize double monks get a fair amount of hate on here because of the whole #menswear association, but I ultimately decided I didn't care as I really liked everything about these shoes; the style, the last, the leather -- all were perfect for what I wanted.

certainly i am biased cuz i love them too, but i agree. DMs are great. and with the tan color you get a very versatile shoe that works with suits and ties as well as khakis and casual shirts. i hope for mine to arrive in about a week. im pretty jazzed about it. (yes, i just said "jazzed")
post #95743 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wine Tasting

The shirt is great, Stanley. Gant, right?
post #95744 of 117666
[quote name="StanleyVanBuren" url="/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread/The way I see it, most floral button-up shirts still remind me of a baby boomer on vacation, probably on a cruise ship;
In california no vacation is required
post #95745 of 117666
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipang View Post

That tee is no good Stanley

Well obviously I disagree but let me give you my rationale and maybe it will at least make sense even if you still don't like the shirt itself. The way I see it, most floral button-up shirts still remind me of a baby boomer on vacation, probably on a cruise ship; even if they've "updated the fit for the modern man!" or whatever, the association is still there. The floral tee doesn't have that association for whatever reason, and it feels a lot more louche given the lack of collar and buttons (that probably only existed on the original floral shirts because it wasn't acceptable to not have them at that time). I like the fact that it isn't something that could be worn to the office on casual friday. It's the difference between "I'm not taking myself seriously" and "I'm an office worker desperate to appear as though I am not taking myself seriously."*

Also I like the colors.

*and there's also probably no way to not look like this if you are, in fact, in an office at the time


No, I mean I'm cool with floral anything so that's not the issue, that particular tshirt doesn't work though. I don't know if it's the solid blue crew neck collar, the shortness, the color or a combination of the tree but it doesn't make you look louche it makes you look dorky, or like a kid.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread