Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6359
Styleforum Top Picks
I realise that the weakest point of my wardrobe is the lower half. So I decided to start buying jeans in less 'skinny' cuts, starting with the APCs that you're all telling me are too tight.
So if APC petite standard in the size that fits most comfortably on my waist is 'too tight', what would be some good alternatives for me? It's kind of frustrating to be made fun of when I'm trying to fix some of these issues, but I guess maybe that's the best catalyst for change!
Edit: I'll try to post another photo from a different angle later.
I'll definitely give them a try next time I'm in London. I always think they look really 'cheap' - especially in the stitching and rivets, buttons, but they get enough credit here that I'm enthusiastic to try them again.
Tried the APCs again before I left the house for work - I'm pretty confident that there's nothing wrong with them and they just fell badly in the picture. There's easily enough room in the thighs, which admittedly came out looking really tight in my fit pic. Only wore them 3 times so far too, so they'll probably stretch a little too.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This your challenge submission?
in related news:
Why are so many people hating on PG? From what I see he is a down to earth self confident guy who really enjoys living exactly the life he wants.
And what's with people questioning his dedication towards his hobby? have you seen his calves?
Are these they?
If so, I have a pair of the same, and I'd say the key is to sag as low as possible. The extra room in the waist should help facilitate that.
I think part of the issue here is also that your shirt also looks pretty slim, and it's pulled down so far that it totally covers your crotch. Letting it bunch up and sit a little higher would likely improve the situation as well
Yeah, pretty sure they're the same. You're right, sagging as low as possible has made a huge difference. That shirt just needs shortening or something - in fact I got some advice on how to do that just yesterday from the DIY thread. I like the print, and I understand what the designer was going for (and how it fits into the collection) but it's just too long for how I'd like to wear it. Thanks for the friendly advice.
Great colours TTO
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 55 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › What are these Missoni Buttons? 13 minutes ago
- › How could I fix this pr of shoes? 16 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 19 minutes ago
- › Which Hat Style Is More Stylish For Summer Wear? 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 41 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 46 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 55 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)